Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    There is such a thing as optimal health though and that involves eating the way a given species evolved to eat. Humans are omnivores and cannot be optimally healthy without both plant and animal products. We are highly adaptable so the amount of plants vs animals can vary tremendously but we need both to survive.

The only vegetarians and esp vegans even stay alive is due to modern technology and proper supplementation. The hallmark of an unnatural diet.
    Wrong on all accounts.
    Everything you find in meat, can also be found in various plants.
    Sure most vegans today just substitute meat with soy based convenience food, but that also is not necessary.

As a vegan you have to think a lot about what you eat and how much, so every need is fulfilled. That makes it time consuming and sometimes a little frustrating as well, but it is most certainly possible to eat vegan and get the body everything it needs w/o chomping on pills to supplement.

They lack lean fats, easy to digest proteins and many microneutrients like Iron.
    You really should look up the data before making such claims.

Just a quick & dirty google search:
    Some might expect that since the vegan diet contains a form of iron that is not that well absorbed, vegans might be prone to developing iron deficiency anemia. However, surveys of vegans have found that iron deficiency anemia is no more common among vegetarians than among the general population although vegans tend to have lower iron stores.
    http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.php
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-01-24 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    [Citation Needed]
    It's not my argument I'm not going to go google it but noone who knows anything about nutrition will recommend a vegan diet. Anyone who does proves how little they know and screams it to the heavens. Not saying it's not possible to do but it's never recommended.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Because it LACKS many of the things REQUIRED for growth and development.
    The only thing lacking is your knowledge on the subject. You seem to be under the impression that the mere presence of meat addresses any nutritional deficiencies in a diet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It's not my argument I'm not going to go google it but noone who knows anything about nutrition will recommend a vegan diet. Anyone who does proves how little they know and screams it to the heavens.
    Educate yourself.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12826028

It is the position of the American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada that appropriately planned vegetarian diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases.
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/705344

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet current recommendations for all vital nutrients, including protein, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, iodine, calcium, and vitamins D and B-12.

The American Dietetic Association contends that carefully planned vegetarian diets, including vegan diets, are healthful and nutritionally sufficient for individuals of all ages, including pregnant or lactating women, infants, children, adolescents, and athletes. During pregnancy, adherence to a nutritionally adequate vegetarian diet can lead to positive health outcomes for both the mother and infant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    [Citation Needed]
    Most iron rich and protein based plant products are much harder to digest and take much longer to release their nutrients into your system. They also have a much much smaller energy count, meaning you need to eat alot lot more to ensure you get your daily doses of everything you need a day.

These are simple biological facts, look them up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most iron rich and protein based plant products are much harder to digest and take much longer to release their nutrients into your system. They also have a much much smaller energy count, meaning you need to eat alot lot more to ensure you get your daily doses of everything you need a day.

Ignorance at its best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscuritatis View Post
    Ignorance at its best
    Your counter argument to a statement that implies science - is Ignorance, when you do nothing to disprove it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    The only thing lacking is your knowledge on the subject. You seem to be under the impression that the mere presence of meat addresses any nutritional deficiencies in a diet.

- - - Updated - - -

Educate yourself.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12826028

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/705344
    . Vegetarian diets offer a number of nutritional benefits including lower levels of saturated fat, cholesterol, and animal protein as well as higher levels of carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, folate, antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, and phytochemicals. Vegetarians have been reported to have lower body mass indices than non-vegetarians, as well as lower rates of death from ischemic heart disease, lower blood cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and lower rates of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and prostate and colon cancer.

"Well-planned vegatarian diets"

Aka, those that need to either use additives in order to get the required amount of each per day. No Vegatarian is lean, strong and in shape, they're often thin and weak.

Deleted
    Ignorance at its best
    No its the truth.

No Vegatarian is lean, strong and in shape, they're often thin and weak.
    Thats of cource bullshit.

Deleted
    Ignorance at its best
    Alright then, we'll play a game.

Post me your typical work day eating plan. I will show you what you lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    That's nice, are you now going to show me the part where it says it's recommended? You know, as I asked? I never said it couldn't be done. Your own link even says it needs really careful planning and in many cases "nutrient supplements" which means you're not getting what you should be in your diet.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Your counter argument to a statement that implies science - is Ignorance, when you do nothing to disprove it?
    If what he says is true than why am I, my husband and countless other vegans in perfect health without doing what he just said (eating more, I still eat the same as before, just veganized).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

The Finnish food recommendations that just came out.

The food you should eat most is represented with the largest portion of the pyramid, not by whether it's on the top or not. I guess you should be happy to note that meat has a relatively small portion of the pyramid. However, I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that meat is on the pyramid, period.
    I don't know why you're assuming I don't eat meat. I love meat, I eat it 3-4 times a week, easily. My point is the original food pyramid the USDA threw out back in the 70s and 80s and up through the 90s was horrible for maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle and was heavily influenced by lobbyists.

It's not my argument I'm not going to go google it but noone who knows anything about nutrition will recommend a vegan diet. Anyone who does proves how little they know and screams it to the heavens. Not saying it's not possible to do but it's never recommended.
    Translation: I'm a lazy fuckwit who knows fuck all about anything I speak about, but that's not gonna stop me from talking out my ass.

Sure they are. Which is why vegetarians and vegans have so much trouble with iron deficiency, right?

Oh, wait; they don't. Whoops?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    If what he says is true than why am I, my husband and countless other vegans in perfect health without doing what he just said (eating more, I still eat the same as before, just veganized).
    Then you are doing it wrong. You have to plan it hence it is not just the same as before.

If it would be possible I would just throw some kind of pill and be done with food consumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

The Finnish food recommendations that just came out.

The food you should eat most is represented with the largest portion of the pyramid, not by whether it's on the top or not. I guess you should be happy to note that meat has a relatively small portion of the pyramid. However, I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that meat is on the pyramid, period.
    I would like to call this Pyramid bullshit. Namely for the reason that Starch rich Carbohydrates are shown on the pyramid as a fairly large part, when they're mostly the cause of Obescity alongside fatty meats also.

Potatoes being the biggest problem of them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation: I'm a lazy fuckwit who knows fuck all about anything I speak about, but that's not gonna stop me from talking out my ass.
    Oooh you're aggressive, who pissed on your morning broccoli? The source used to "refute" me did no such thing and even openly admitted you don't get everything you need in the diet. Yet I'm incorrect and people with the same opinion as me are ignorant? Well then...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Well-planned vegatarian diets"

Aka, those that need to either use additives in order to get the required amount of each per day. No Vegatarian is lean, strong and in shape, they're often thin and weak.
    No, "well-planned" in the same sense that eating healthy as an "omnivore" is "well-planned." God, you're such a fucking moron.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted

There are a lot of plants that have a higher amount of micronutrients in them than meat. Energy count and micronutirents are two totally different things.

Deleted
    Potatoes being the biggest problem of them all.
    WHAT?????????? Whats wrong with potatoes?

Deleted
    Anecdotal evidence without lack of actual facts to counteract an argument - still doesn't justify acclaiming someone to simply yielding ignorance.

It would be the very definition of ignorance to reason like that.

That's nice, are you now going to show me the part where it says it's recommended? You know, as I asked? I never said it couldn't be done. Your own link even says it needs really careful planning and in many cases "nutrient supplements" which means you're not getting what you should be in your diet.
    It says it isn't lacking in anything, and is plenty healthy. That's the only question we're concerned with here. Whether it'd be recommended could be influenced by external factors like convenience, access, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.