Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I stopped at preach, keep it to yourself.

Really, don't preach religion to me, nor vegetarianism or any other belief or thought you hold.

I understand the arguments for being a vegetarian, but steaks hold such power over me i can't swap.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Many animals can speak and understand human speech. All different kinds of primates, dogs, pigs, dolphins... it's a pretty wide list.
    No they can't, even with training.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscuritatis View Post
    "snipped massive rant regarding how meat is murder" I don't like this preaching any more than you do "remaining part of rant, regarding how meat is murder"
    You are the type of person the OP is talking about. You should go lie down for a few days after writing that huge essay, as I am sure it used up more calories than you take in over the course of a week.

I love steak. If I had to kill the cow before eating my steak, I would. With my bare hands if no tools were available. You should try it, nothing tastes better than 16oz T-bone steaks.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many animals can speak and understand human speech. All different kinds of primates, dogs, pigs, dolphins... it's a pretty wide list.
    No, they really don't.

They associate the sound with the command. Humans are able to understand what someone is say and give a response and maintain a rapport.

Animals hear the sound, understand that it means "perform this command" and follow out said commands.

Other animals simply attempt Mimicry.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    You are the type of person the OP is talking about. You should go lie down for a few days after writing that huge essay, as I am sure it used up more calories than you take in over the course of a week.

I love steak. If I had to kill the cow before eating my steak, I would. With my bare hands if no tools were available. You should try it, nothing tastes better than 16oz T-bone steaks.
    I also explained why it was necessary, a part people like to leave out when they do a "quotation" just to make their point valid. I know what meat tastes like. I'm only vegan for 4 years (something you also liked skipping apparently), and I don't need that taste to justify all the other points. Oh, and only one of my points was why meat is murder (the genocide part), all the others were environmental and health based (it helps if you read everything before replying..).

Deleted
    No, I do not eat honey. Nor do I wear leather, wool, silk, fur, etc... or use any animals in entertainment.
    Ah, I love you kind of people.

You do know there are fair ways of taking Honey from a Bee Hive right?

You do know Leather is often a byproduct of the slaughtering of the animals right?

You do know Sheep NEED to be sheared and it doesn't hurt the sheep AT ALL right?

You do know Silkworms are a species of almost no brain matter and an actual pest right?

You do know foxes are a pest in england right?

Every single animal byproduct you mentioned can be gathered by humane and very reasonable ways. In fact I find it MORE Cruel and MORE Evil to let all the wool, leather and fur go to waste.

Tell me, what should we do for the poor sheep and Alpacas? let them get overgrown?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now for something completely different.

The animals we eat are the animals that exists for us to eat them. If we were all vegan - all those animals wouldn't exists at all.
    We raise them to eat them. They should be grateful for the momentary existence we provide for them, because otherwise they wouldn't have existed at all.
    And what do you think will happen to all those animals that are still alive in the farms if we all were to become vegans tomorrow? They would be killed and utilized.
    So all vegans want to kill animals.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    I also explained why it was necessary, a part people like to leave out when they do a "quotation" just to make their point valid. I know what meat tastes like. I'm only vegan for 4 years (something you also liked skipping apparently), and I don't need that taste to justify all the other points. Oh, and only one of my points was why meat is murder (the genocide part), all the others were environmental and health based (it helps if you read everything before replying..).
    Meat isn't murder, it isn't genocide.

It is thousands of years of Animal husbandry that has developed species specifically for our tastes. Nothing else you posted helps anything with the enviroment.

Actually, Alot of hunting in England DOES Help the Enviroment.

Deleted
    The post you quoted is no reason to start showing off your flaming skills and ignorance.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Ah, I love you kind of people.

You do know there are fair ways of taking Honey from a Bee Hive right?

You do know Leather is often a byproduct of the slaughtering of the animals right?

You do know Sheep NEED to be sheared and it doesn't hurt the sheep AT ALL right?

You do know Silkworms are a species of almost no brain matter and an actual pest right?

You do know foxes are a pest in england right?

Every single animal byproduct you mentioned can be gathered by humane and very reasonable ways. In fact I find it MORE Cruel and MORE Evil to let all the wool, leather and fur go to waste.

Tell me, what should we do for the poor sheep and Alpacas? let them get overgrown?
    The foxes used for fur are bred. The wool from your sheep are mass bred for wool and half of them have parasites and infections that are cut of without anaesthetics. Honey I just don't like. Leather, I'm vegan so why would I justify a by-product of slaughter? ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    No, they really don't.

They associate the sound with the command. Humans are able to understand what someone is say and give a response and maintain a rapport.

Animals hear the sound, understand that it means "perform this command" and follow out said commands.

The only animal that has been confirmed to understand any form of human speech is the Gorilla. And thats Sign language.

Crows are close, we still don't know if they fully understand human speech, but we know they may have the capacity.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Now for something completely different.

The animals we eat are the animals that exists for us to eat them. If we were all vegan - all those animals wouldn't exists at all.
    We raise them to eat them. They should be grateful for the momentary existence we provide for them, because otherwise they wouldn't have existed at all.
    And what do you think will happen to all those animals that are still alive in the farms if we all were to become vegans tomorrow? They would be killed and utilized.
    So all vegans want to kill animals.
    I have already dealt with this kind of "reasoning". I suppose you would be grateful to be born if that was in a concentration camp right?

Deleted
    nothing tastes better than 16oz T-bone steaks.
    I would kill 10 and add some bbq ( natural made ) sauce on them bitches. Man is omnivorous for a reason, and there;s nothing better and tastier than a nice steak, all juicy and pack-filled of protein, with some nice vegetables on the side for them carbs, fibers and vitamins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leather, I'm vegan so why would I justify a by-product of slaughter? ..
    Well if the animal is dead anway as it's been slaughtered... unless you can resuscitate? I really don't understand this line of argument. So wasteful. The welfare of flies doesn't count as an excuse.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No they can't, even with training.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koko_%28gorilla%29

Koko was given a kitten as a present. She later blamed a sink that got torn off the wall on the kitten. In other words, a gorilla made a fucking joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washoe_%28chimpanzee%29

"People who should be there for her and aren't are often given the cold shoulder--her way of informing them that she's miffed at them. Washoe greeted Kat [the caretaker] in just this way when she finally returned to work with the chimps. Kat made her apologies to Washoe, then decided to tell her the truth, signing "MY BABY DIED." Washoe stared at her, then looked down. She finally peered into Kat's eyes again and carefully signed "CRY", touching her cheek and drawing her finger down the path a tear would make on a human (Chimpanzees don't shed tears). Kat later remarked that one sign told her more about Washoe and her mental capabilities than all her longer, grammatically perfect sentences." [23]
    Dolphins in general:

Dolphins can, however, establish strong social bonds; they will stay with injured or ill individuals, even helping them to breathe by bringing them to the surface if needed.[38] This altruism does not appear to be limited to their own species. The dolphin Moko in New Zealand has been observed guiding a female Pygmy Sperm Whale together with her calf out of shallow water where they had stranded several times.[39] They have also been seen protecting swimmers from sharks by swimming circles around the swimmers[40][41] or charging the sharks to make them go away.

Dolphins also display culture, something long believed to be unique to humans (and possibly other primate species). In May 2005, a discovery in Australia found Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops aduncus) teaching their young to use tools. They cover their snouts with sponges to protect them while foraging. This knowledge is mostly transferred by mothers to daughters, unlike simian primates, where knowledge is generally passed on to both sexes. Using sponges as mouth protection is a learned behavior.[42] Another learned behavior was discovered among river dolphins in Brazil, where some male dolphins use weeds and sticks as part of a sexual display.[43]
    Remember what I said about talking out both ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    No, they really don't.

See above.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2014-01-24 at 10:49 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Meat isn't murder, it isn't genocide.

It is thousands of years of Animal husbandry that has developed species specifically for our tastes. Nothing else you posted helps anything with the enviroment.

Actually, Alot of hunting in England DOES Help the Enviroment.
    I guess if meat isn't murder you sing till they die.. Factory farming like today only exist for 100 years, your little animal husbandry to survive is no excuse for today's mass killing of animals. And hunting is not protecting the environment it is just undoing another human mistake by having killed the natural predator of the fox.

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koko_%28gorilla%29

Koko was given a kitten as a present. She later blamed a sink that got torn off the wall on the kitten. In other words, a gorilla made a fucking joke.
    Koko is a fraud.

And hunting is not protecting the environment it is just undoing another human mistake by having killed the natural predator of the fox.
    The natural predator of the wolf did it.

Deleted
    The foxes used for fur are bred. The wool from your sheep are mass bred for wool and half of them have parasites and infections that are cut of without anaesthetics. Honey I just don't like. Leather, I'm vegan so why would I justify a by-product of slaughter? ..
    I'm sorry but, No, they're not.

Fox furs I can get are from Fox culls, and they're very expensive considering I live in in Yorkshire and I could just go out with a rifle and hunt foxes myself... except it's ILLEGAL TO DO SO WITHOUT A LICENSE AND EXPRESSIVE CONSENT ( how evil )

You seem to think Wool farmers mistreat their sheep, this is both hilariously stupid from a business standpoint and a sheer biology standpoint, as Sheep are some of the most inane and stupid animals known to man.

As for Leather? As a Vegan I thought you'd support the cow's sacrifice and how it's "Murder" and it's ancestors murders have helped humanity because the greatest species in the world.

You see Mr.PETA. I am an Animal Lover, the real bleeding heart kind. I don't put spiders out of my house in winter because it can kill them. I help wasps out of the window. I nurse and feed hedgehogs when they're caught outside during the day. I even saved a duck with a broken wing once.

But I still eat meat, honey and love leather biker jackets because they're cool

Why? Because I understand the animals that give us these products were raised to give us these products, they had a purpose in their life. if anything it's respectable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I would kill 10 and add some bbq ( natural made ) sauce on them bitches. Man is omnivorous for a reason, and there;s nothing better and tastier than a nice steak, all juicy and pack-filled of protein, with some nice vegetables on the side for them carbs, fibers and vitamins.
    Man eats meat.

Therefor man must have a reason to eat meat.

I'm vegetarian. I have texture problems and meat makes me want to throw up. I've never preached to anyone about how they should become a vegetarian. Honestly, I'm a very biased person but I don't preach to anyone because I don't give a fuck what anyone else does as long as it doesn't bother me or is deeply concerning. I live in the south (United States) and I constantly get shit about it, it gets annoying. I can see why the opposite would get on your nerves! Actually, in high school there were people who were or were trying to be vegetarian and didn't believe I was telling the truth when they found out that I was also a vegetarian, it was like they were in some kind of following, and I must say I think most of them are fucking retarded. There are just as many health reasons to eat meat as there is not to.