How to Immerseus as Disc?

I seem to have a really small output on Immerseus no mater what I do. Most fights in SoO I'm pretty comfortable with but Immerseus just feels weird to me. I try and stay close to the tanks to keep em shielded but with how big the room is I feel like I'm just out of range of everyone. Not sure if there's a good time to use Spirit Shell since most of the time everyone's so spread out I feel like I wouldn't hit many people with it. Adds I do fine on and my guilds last heroic kill I had the most add healing by a good chunk it's just the general rest of the fight that I feel lost.

So.... any tips for healing Immerseus as Disc with saving the L90 talent for adds?

It really just depends on how your group handles the room in general. For us, we keep everyone on one side of the room during the "up" phase, with everyone spread out between two of the "pie" slices and I just stand in the middle of them all and use SS right before the dot/sha minion adds appear. Not much else to really heal during that phase, so probably just a matter of positioning of the raid

Just pws everyone, mass dispel 3 seconds after swelling corruption, that's about it.

Tank healer will generally be out of range of a lot of raid members, leave it to the paladins/shamans.

Use Spirit Shell at the start of each phase 1 transition, atonement the adds, dispel, Halo + AA on healing adds. It's a very simple fight really. The biggest issue is being in range of tanks, but you're disc so it doesn't matter as much.

Unless you're talking about normal...? It doesn't matter at all then, even on "progression". The fight is easy, I think my raid group actually 9-manned it for our first kill. Just atonement the boss and heal the adds.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-01-23 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    You can generally lvl90 talent in the first couple of add releases and still have it up again for the blobs if your dps isn't top tier.
    Gives a load of dmg on them + healing for the debuff.

PoM usually gets full use too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The awesome news is you can gauge your How To as follows: Did Immerseus die? Yes. Hooray, you successfully disciplined Immerseus.

Your job is to keep people alive, not top meters. As long as people live, you've done your job.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    The awesome news is you can gauge your How To as follows: Did Immerseus die? Yes. Hooray, you successfully disciplined Immerseus.

Your job is to keep people alive, not top meters. As long as people live, you've done your job.
    This line of thought insinuates that there is never room for improvement, which is wrong...and what the OP is asking for tips on.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Have you tried just smiting the boss and laugh at others when compared to your supreme skill? Also AA+Halo on adds I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    This line of thought insinuates that there is never room for improvement, which is wrong...and what the OP is asking for tips on.
    Pretty much this. Most fights I know different tricks of when to line up various CDs like the L90 talents or stuff like spirit shell and they tend to have a flow to them but Immerseus just I feel off on. I guess mostly it's cause while the boss has timers it's more dependent on raid dps and when you push him to different phases. Also being so spread out is annoying.

Btw, would it be more important to shield tanks or be in range of more people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zosyn View Post
    I just penance/hf on CD, halo on CD and PWS spam the shit out of everyone. Make sure you are using void swap on an add to get the healing buff asap as well as the mana return. The healers in my guild cry when I am in for this fight.
    No real need for that, halo near the middle with orbs around the edge, penance one as you run to it following halo, get buff instantly and spam flash on the others

Deleted
    Also just going to note that Leap of Faith works on the adds as well. It can prove useful at times.

If you're Tank healing you won't top meters.

I usually Tank heal for this fight and I will be bottom healing, but Tanks survived, yay, I did my job. The tactic we use has myself and the Tanks away from the rest of the group and the rest of the raid together in a straight line.

If I raid heal, I will be top.
    Last edited by Trix; 2014-01-24 at 10:40 AM.

It's simple, respec to holy and do the fight normally.

Deleted
    Normal:
    Atonement spam. It doesn't particularly matter where you are as everyone is in range of the boss, so they will all get healed. GG. I like to use Holy Fire/Penance as my time to move without losing output to run around and throw shields on people if necessary.
    P2. Have ToF up if possible, then pop full archangel just before the adds get to the ground and Halo while running towards them. If they were not one shot by the halo (which is normally) then penance them on your way over to them. This will give oyu the healing buff, then spam flash heal on other adds to fill them up. Try to use Leap of Faith on a healing add just out of range the first split so you will have it up for extra "kills" later on.
    P1. Atonement spam. Rinse and repeat.

I find binding heal pretty useful here for when Immerseus is recombining himself as PoH is generally all screwed due to range and groups. With the healing buff and glyph of binding heal I just spam it on anyone in range to top them and myself off to ensure that my Atonement is going to those on the other side who perhaps are not topped off or within range of heals ASAP.

Heroic:
    I actually quite like to us FDCL for this as mana isn't actually a resource on this fight - it just tends to be there, sometimes high sometimes low, but never empty. I atonement spam on pull and spirit shell as soon as I have enough evangelism for archangel. We tend to move one quadrant o the left every corrosive blast, so this buffers any potential acccidents in that transition, and also gives a nice buffer for the sha corruption dot. Mass dispel the sha corruption dot on everyone. Help DPS adds. If you need to dps the boss for whatever reason, ensure you dispel yourself or have desperate prayer ready, as it can quickly get out of hand.

Disc's throughput for the add phase is poor as we are unable to crit heal them. During this first phase, the other healer and I attempt to "kill" a healing add each then regroup together to start topping everyone off. From then on we go an aim to kill 1 or (given how shit disc is at this) maybe 2 each phase each, returning together to top people off ASAP. If there is a large group of healing adds in a specific area, we tended to run there together, use LoH on one so we both got the buff immediately and start healing them up like a beast ASAP.

Don't forget lifegrip.

Don't stand in swirly swirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    My play style for this encounter as disc is different in Normal and Heroic mode. In normal mode I tend to stay with mellee and atonement heal while Immerseus is up. This reaches the tank and if tank need any CD upon their call I run over Pain Sup or whatever I need to do. But def spam for atonement. When he splits into oozes in Normal I do Cascade to healing everyone up while I am smiting again on boss since it's a smart heal it will heal lowest target 1st, and Cascade is bouncing. This works great for me. During Heroic my talent 90 is Halo. Halo is GREAT for when adds come up. I stay disc and our other disc priest goes Holy for different CD usage. Here are the logs on latest kill:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=1230&e=1679

As seen, Holy and a good Disc are able to do just about the same.

=]

Immersus is not a fight that favors Disc at all

Deleted

Here. Tanks on one star each, ranged dps on green and healers on purple. Melee spread out between the two stars, but not too close of course.

Don't spread out, there's no reason to. If you're raiding 25man and you feel that your throughput is too low, then ask the RL to have a group of 5 people get close to each other (where you're included) so you can use PoH efficiently.

Spreading out completely in p1 is the wrong way to do it.

Edit: Slow people stay relatively close to their p1 spot and people with good speed boosts handle the area at the back. Immerseus heroic has been a one shot every time for us (except our 5-10 wipes our first kill) using this tactic.

Edit2: When having a priest in the group, it's a very good idea to have everyone stack on purple for a mass dispel so everyone can clear every stack from Immerseus before melting down adds. (provided that you have good AoE classes that can handle all adds at once)
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2014-01-25 at 01:47 PM.

Speaking of heroic here. We are standing on the big platform on the back with ranges in the middle, tanks on the small platform on the right and heals in between them. I´m using Halo, ToF, PW:So, Feathers. On pull full dps for Eva stacks, when adds are coming bubble everyone with SS -> Fade -> Halo for healing and add damage. Always have tanks in range and PWS them. Then dps to get remaining stacks off with self dispel/mass dispell on 3 to 5 stacks.
    Works well for me in several combinations, two and three healing: Disc + Shaman + Pala, Disc + Disc + Druid, Disc + Druid, Disc + Shaman. Never had problems ^^

For add healing, we split the room so each heal has his "area". I try to hit as many adds as possible with Halo in optimal range everytime, Penance on the move to one add to get the buff and FH every add reachable.

If people die, mostly because of not seeing their stacks, taking 7 or more and not screaming for dispel or using a self dispel/CD. Or! They die in swirl ^^

Deleted
    This is what I do:

- Atonement the boss
    - When Swirl is due in 5 sec, I start stacking Spirit Shell on people, (Swirl actually does some dmg on HC)
    - Continue to Atonement
    - Mass Dispel the debuffs

When he splits, make sure you and the rest of the healers have somewhat fixed positions, so you all dont just go to one side. Then pop Halo on a good spot to hit as many blobs as possible, use Flash Heal to finish of the rest.