Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Epic! Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,705
    There wouldn't be an issue if people didn't make dumb tickets like:

    When's the next expansion?

    Who's more powerful, Varian or Thrall?

    Why is my DPS so low?

    Why are people in LFD so mean?

    How do I get this achievement?

    Where does this item drop?

    ...And countless other pointless tickets I've heard of people making. Seriously, don't waste GMs time on that junk, use Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mocking aside. I think you should give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt before assuming stuff so quickly.
    He's freaking out because he doesn't know that someone complains about their ticket every day.

    And yeah, like the above poster said, a lot of them are incredibly stupid.

  3. #23
    reading the blue posts, it sounds like they closed the ones that were topics they couldn't help with anyway and not just randomly closed some.

    still, kind of bad for customer service, id suggest if anyone needs proper help use the phone service, its much better.
    Too cool for a signature

  4. #24
    Dreadlord Rocheku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    802
    Haha, i can probably guess whats going on. They recently sent out a banwave for third party software that was really popular and had a HUGE community (considering it has been existing since the end of WotLK or so as i recall) and now thousands upon thousands of people are trying to battle their bans, creating a massive flood of tickets. But thats just my theory.

  5. #25
    Oh, you mean they are now cba to use even those copypasted answers? They must be seriously pissed off, or they just dont care because they know they wont be punished for this.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Haha, i can probably guess whats going on. They recently sent out a banwave for third party software that was really popular and had a HUGE community (considering it has been existing since the end of WotLK or so as i recall) and now thousands upon thousands of people are trying to battle their bans.
    and those peoples friends, i can see some of them in vent
    "come on you guys know i don't bot, wth...can you fill out a ticket for blizzard to look at my case again1?!?"
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You know how I know you don't work in IT support?
    So in your vast experience you have never had volume that exceeds your capability to investigate in a timely manner? Mass closing or work though...you will piss people off either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Laurellin - Deathknight

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    A blue even admitted they did it on purpose. I'd be fired if I pulled something like that.
    Actually read what was said. They have a huge backlog, and chances are a lot of those tickets are frivolous ('omg BAN THIS HUNTER THAT KILLED ME IN PVP', or 'I WANT 50000000 GOLD NOW') or already resolved by themselves without the need for GM intervention.

    There will be a lot of serious tickets, but they can easily be re-submitted, and now the GMs can get to those serious tickets far quicker than they could previously.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral Eliandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Pretty sure I just read Vrakthris give a valid answer to your moan chrth. Blowing the issue way out of proportion? Yup, sounds about right.
    Yup - just took a read of the Blizzard CS forums, and they are as entertaining as always.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011699/

    Unbelievable. The queue is big, so rather than filter or, I don't know, do their jobs, they just mass closed a whole bunch of open tickets with a generic response.

    On the plus side, I'm sure their response time reports will look positive this month.
    well i mean, to be honest. a very large portion of things people file tickets for can be fixed with a simple google search, or isnt actually a problem.

    everytime ive had to make a ticket as long as i was online they always went above and beyond to fix my problem (occasionally even doing things they arent really supposed to do but because i asked nicely and was polite the gm went ahead and did it)

    i think i only had to reopen a ticket once or twice and it was because i was either offline or my problem was actually like 2 problems and they accidentally only fixed one.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #31
    Dreadlord Harmonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    923
    I'd be surprised if they closed them randomly, they have the technology to be able to filter through them and the one's they closed were likely to be low priority ones. If people didn't ticket for stupid things like vendoring a quest reward or something then queues wouldn't be so long in the first place.

  12. #32
    They have a big queue because of yesterday's massive ban wave.

  13. #33
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    What do you expect? They don't care about their customers.
    Don't worry, soon they will be offering a special service in their in-game store. For the low price of $14.99 per ticket, you can open up a super secret club 'golden ticket' that will be put in a special queue and addressed by the developers themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    WoD is just another lazy expansion, they reskin outlands and resort to time travel to keep the cash cow flowing. Honestly you people will buy anything!

  14. #34
    I would be willing to bet that probably 95% of the tickets they closed out were people either asking why they got banned, can they be unbanned or why their friend is banned. Especially after the banwave this week. They don't have time to answer those questions because it is a completely different department and even states in the email either why, how long or who to contact.

    I would guess the other 5% just got hit by the filter by accident. In which case, as many others said, if the people feel their ticket needs answered they will resubmit.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Actually read what was said. They have a huge backlog, and chances are a lot of those tickets are frivolous ('omg BAN THIS HUNTER THAT KILLED ME IN PVP', or 'I WANT 50000000 GOLD NOW') or already resolved by themselves without the need for GM intervention.

    There will be a lot of serious tickets, but they can easily be re-submitted, and now the GMs can get to those serious tickets far quicker than they could previously.
    Oh well that's okay then. I am sure you would welcome your bank ignoring your requests for support when you can't access your account because someone might have complained that that the chain on the pens is too short.

  16. #36
    Capitalist Greed at its best

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    So in your vast experience you have never had volume that exceeds your capability to investigate in a timely manner? Mass closing or work though...you will piss people off either way.
    I am sorry if a business has so many issues being raised by its customers that it does not have the capability to deal with them all then it is doing something very wrong. This is the equivalent of putting their hands over their ears and screaming "La La La! Can't hear you!"

  18. #38
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,053
    Quote Originally Posted by mileskg21 View Post
    Capitalist Greed at its best
    Oh please. This is hardly Capitalist Greed at best.


    I am sorry if a business has so many issues being raised by its customers that it does not have the capability to deal with them all then it is doing something very wrong. This is the equivalent of putting their hands over their ears and screaming "La La La! Can't hear you!"
    Ignoring the big massive ban wave that people would put tickets in to try and say "I DIDN'T BOT!" Also you're also assuming there is NEVER any tickets that are a waste of time.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  19. #39
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh well that's okay then. I am sure you would welcome your bank ignoring your requests for support when you can't access your account because someone might have complained that that the chain on the pens is too short.
    Say what....You cant compare apples to coconuts Quit digging and move along. Christ.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ignoring the big massive ban wave that people would put tickets in to try and say "I DIDN'T BOT!" Also you're also assuming there is NEVER any tickets that are a waste of time.
    That is not the problem for those that have genuine issues and this ban wave did not come as a surprise to Blizzard. For the most part if the customer takes time to contact your business their issue is not a waste of time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •