Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,081
    I hear you...

    My husband waited four or five days for an answer to his ticket after he server transferred and faction changed one of his toons and got the "flagged for rename" bug. He put the ticket in and didn't want to rename his toon for fear it would screw things up so he hasn't been able to even play that toon while the ticket was in. Today he got the same response everyone else did...a closed ticket with a message telling him to put in a new ticket and giving him a special "code word" to use.

    I'm not really sure why they couldn't just deal with the tickets that need dealing with and give the general generic response to all the people claiming they didn't bot or what not, if that was what was clogging up the ticket queue.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am sorry if a business has so many issues being raised by its customers that it does not have the capability to deal with them all then it is doing something very wrong. This is the equivalent of putting their hands over their ears and screaming "La La La! Can't hear you!"
    Its actually closer to how businesses only keep your resume's for 6 months. Because anyone who wants THAT job will have called the store and talked with the manager, flagging it. And people who dont care or already have a job of course dont need to be called for an interview because that would be a waste of time.

    And one or two people slipping through the cracks and needing to resubmit their ticket isnt a problem. This isnt the death penalty we are talking about.

    Either way, my metaphor is actually accurate. But you obviously want to go out of your way to be offended and pretend like Blizzard is one single tentacle monster entity that eats your money and your soul, when (if you have payed attention) the Company (at least those involved in Warcraft) is dedicated to making their customers happy.

    Almost every single feature they have made since Wrath and till AFTER WoD has been dedicated to making their customers happy.

    So please take your unjustified righteous indignation to a Youtube or Yahoo comment section!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I hear you...

    My husband waited four or five days for an answer to his ticket after he server transferred and faction changed one of his toons and got the "flagged for rename" bug. He put the ticket in and didn't want to rename his toon for fear it would screw things up so he hasn't been able to even play that toon while the ticket was in. Today he got the same response everyone else did...a closed ticket with a message telling him to put in a new ticket and giving him a special "code word" to use.

    I'm not really sure why they couldn't just deal with the tickets that need dealing with and give the general generic response to all the people claiming they didn't bot or what not, if that was what was clogging up the ticket queue.
    Because the workers are human beings who cant work at impossible speeds and decided they were not going to get through these in any timely manner?

  3. #43
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    283
    I rarely open tickets. But a couple weeks ago I got hacked and had all my gold stolen. I opened a ticket and I had everything restored by a gm while I was offline. I just provided as much info as I had like date,time,what was missing and all done within 2 days.

    Back in vanila and bc tickets only took a few hours to get a response and would be more frequent because it seemed to be more buggy.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Yeh, just not at all true.

    If people would stop ticketing for every single thing that bothers them, they might not get to this point!
    Not at all? Hardly. They fired a big bunch of their support personnel (because they are in a dire financial state with all those exec salaries and bonuses they have to pay!). And "renovated" the Support mechanisms of the game to in essence... make it a pain to open a ticket. How is that caring?

  5. #45
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Because the workers are human beings who cant work at impossible speeds and decided they were not going to get through these in any timely manner?
    It seems like it'd be pretty straightforward to sort at least some of them judging from ticket titles alone. From there, actually opening the ticket and taking a quick glance over it would make it pretty obvious if it was someone with a problem that might actually need looking at or someone who is just complaining about a ban.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is not the problem for those that have genuine issues and this ban wave did not come as a surprise to Blizzard. For the most part if the customer takes time to contact your business their issue is not a waste of time.
    As I mentioned earlier probably 95% of the tickets they got and closed were probably related to a ban. They probably went to the database of tickets typed "bot" "ban" and filtered them all out and closed them. Why? Because they can do absolutely nothing about them. It is a waste of time for Blizzard to read them and paste the response of "We can't help you read your email for more information on where to contact" just as much it is a waste of time for the person making the ticket to make one to start with when if they read their email and links they are given when trying to log in they would have known where to send a response first instead of wasting Support staff's time and waiting on their response.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I hear you...

    My husband waited four or five days for an answer to his ticket after he server transferred and faction changed one of his toons and got the "flagged for rename" bug. He put the ticket in and didn't want to rename his toon for fear it would screw things up so he hasn't been able to even play that toon while the ticket was in. Today he got the same response everyone else did...a closed ticket with a message telling him to put in a new ticket and giving him a special "code word" to use.

    I'm not really sure why they couldn't just deal with the tickets that need dealing with and give the general generic response to all the people claiming they didn't bot or what not, if that was what was clogging up the ticket queue.
    I assuming that they didn't close everyone's and the bot ones received a generic response of something about "Sorry we can't resolve this issue". Though that is nice that they gave you a code word to speed up your queue and I'm sure they probably did that for those who got accidently filtered because they used words similar to the bot ones. Granted that doesn't make it better, but they offered a way to speed it up.

    Also, as for your issue I had this happen once and was told to rename my toon and to check back so often and they would flag it for rename once the system allowed. Another suggestion that sped mine up on this issue was going online and opening a ticket there, then when you get to the ticket box where you want to write your thing you can choose "Chat With Us" and they'll get with you in a couple minutes and usually fix the issues there on the spot. I will warn you though that you might have to fudge your "Contact Reasoning" a little because not all options have a chat with us, but something like that they can do on the spot.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Its actually closer to how businesses only keep your resume's for 6 months. Because anyone who wants THAT job will have called the store and talked with the manager, flagging it. And people who dont care or already have a job of course dont need to be called for an interview because that would be a waste of time.

    And one or two people slipping through the cracks and needing to resubmit their ticket isnt a problem. This isnt the death penalty we are talking about.

    Either way, my metaphor is actually accurate. But you obviously want to go out of your way to be offended and pretend like Blizzard is one single tentacle monster entity that eats your money and your soul, when (if you have payed attention) the Company (at least those involved in Warcraft) is dedicated to making their customers happy.

    Almost every single feature they have made since Wrath and till AFTER WoD has been dedicated to making their customers happy.

    So please take your unjustified righteous indignation to a Youtube or Yahoo comment section!
    Err? What?

    No it is not the death penalty it is poor customer service.

    No your metaphor is, and this is the kindest way I can put it, nonsense. I am not offended one bit, although you sure do seem to be going out of your way with ridiculous analogies about how I supposedly feel so maybe it is you that is offended?

    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Because the workers are human beings who cant work at impossible speeds and decided they were not going to get through these in any timely manner?
    Perhaps they should have considered that when they busy letting 500 of them go last year.

  8. #48
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pretty much this. Time and time again they have shown that all they care about are the $$$.
    What a crock of shit. Blizzard has probably one of the best customer service groups of any gaming company.

    I just love people who have 1 bad experience and apply that to literally everything that ever has or will be.

    Then again its Jaylock so I'm not sure what I was expecting if not strawman fallacies and vast generalizations.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  9. #49
    Maybe if they put up more shitty mounts in the game store they will be able to hire more staff

  10. #50
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,895
    Mistakes do happen, but sometimes it's easier to just wipe all the tickets (about a certain matter) then to keep responding to each of them.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    Not at all? Hardly. They fired a big bunch of their support personnel (because they are in a dire financial state with all those exec salaries and bonuses they have to pay!). And "renovated" the Support mechanisms of the game to in essence... make it a pain to open a ticket. How is that caring?
    It's not a pain to open a ticket if you have a basic understanding of, you know, how to work a computer, and read for that matter. I think the most important thing we can do is keep making broad assumptions and judgements about why their support system works the way it is, rather than give them an ounce of credit.

  12. #52
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,088
    Could they be questions they have already answered / solved ? & their is no reason for them to reply to another post, when people could just search for another thread with the same problem as theirs.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    What a crock of shit. Blizzard has probably one of the best customer service groups of any gaming company.

    I just love people who have 1 bad experience and apply that to literally everything that ever has or will be.

    Then again its Jaylock so I'm not sure what I was expecting if not strawman fallacies and vast generalizations.
    I agree that Blizzard's customer support is better than many games companies, when you get to speak to a GM they are, usually, very good. However this is poor a way to deal with things and will only serve to add an extra level of frustration to those who need help and make the jobs of those who are tasked with helping harder.

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by mileskg21 View Post
    Capitalist Greed at its best
    Miles, Hi! o/
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is not the problem for those that have genuine issues and this ban wave did not come as a surprise to Blizzard. For the most part if the customer takes time to contact your business their issue is not a waste of time.
    As someone who works in customer service I can say this statement is false. Mostly it's just BS tbh.

    Not saying what Blizzard did isn't bad, but I can see the reasoning behind the decision.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    It's not a pain to open a ticket if you have a basic understanding of, you know, how to work a computer, and read for that matter. I think the most important thing we can do is keep making broad assumptions and judgements about why their support system works the way it is, rather than give them an ounce of credit.
    It is a pain for a lot of people. I have been playing since classic, and never have I had so many people ask me or in general "what is going on with tickets, I can't understand how to open one." The system is atrociously bad compared to what it was. Don't be condescending of my or your intelligence. There is no way the new system is an improvement over the previous one. And there was no reason to change it if it's not better for the customers. But it is better for them since it discourages a lot of people from doing so. And of course the "self-help" addition is on the way, for even more fun.

  17. #57
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,081
    FYI, looks like the forum customer support there are working overtime right now...had the issue I was speaking of resolved in minutes by putting up a thread on the forum linked in the OP.

  18. #58
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,184
    I never had any trouble with tickets, be it strange answers or dismissal of their part. And believe me, in 5 years i've opened more tickets than i'm willing to admit. The majority of the cases i was met with a GM who was very cordial and even funny at times.

    I'd rather believe this was just a one time event, cause by an over the top flood of trivial tickets.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  19. #59
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,673
    Closing the ticket and giving you a response that contains a code that will put you into an expedited queue is probably not the best way of handling it but it would tend to clear out the tickets that were created for no good reason and sort the stuff that people are actually waiting for to the top. I read through the thread over on the Blizz boards and the way it's being presented here is not quite the same thing.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Madowx View Post
    As someone who works in customer service I can say this statement is false. Mostly it's just BS tbh.
    I would not let you manager hear that you believe customers bringing their issues to the company's attention is BS or you will be someone that used to work in customer service.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •