1. #1

    Is it worth returing to Azeroth?

    Hi! I stopped playing WoW rigth after Cata came out, because I felt the community wasn't as strong as it used to be. Alot of new players were joining, and everything got so easy to obtain. It seemed worthless to us serious, dedicated end-game raiders to spend so much time on something when there were so many "noobs" ruining instanceruns and BG's and generally just tossing shit around.

    Recently I've been considering returning to azeroth. Is it worth it? Can I find a guild/pvp team who is serious, dedicated and above the age of 14?
    (No offense to young players, some of you are actually good. But you get my gist of it)

    Edit:
    Feel free to mention some good realm/faction combination.

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Demon Realm
    Posts
    2,271
    Well if you think things have changed, they haven't. Me, I'm having lots of fun right now playing with friends and even having fun by myself, there's lots of stuff to do. But if you think things have changed to your liking since Cataclysm you might as well look for another MMO because you're just going to end up quitting again if you come back.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

  3. #3
    The Patient Romanesca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A room with a moose
    Posts
    224
    Not much has changed. Community is probably just as bad if not worse now because it really shows in LFR and trade chat because of the server mergers. You could find a serious dedicated guild in Cata for pvp / pve if you wanted to, I'm sure you could find one now. But don't expect to win many BG's as alliance, and have fun waiting 10-15 minutes as horde for a queue. Game is still fun though.

  4. #4
    It's worth it to play games for yourself and not let some site review or player opinion decide for you. Don't ask what game to play, what class to play, what spec to use, try everything yourself and come to your own conclusions.

  5. #5
    Cheers guys!, thanks for quick replies!

    Geminiwolf : I'm simply just asking wether or not the game is fun anymore, I started out in Classic, reached my peak in WOTLK. I'm just interested in finding someone to play with that is mature and serious.

    Romanesca : Well, finding the guild itself isnt the hardest thing to do, but actually having more than 1 dominating guild per server is what I'm looking for. I'm not really interested in LFR's etc, but I guess I'll have to use them to get experience in raids and basically just gear up to the level that any serious guild would be interested in me.

    Coldrain: I'm not letting you guys decide for me, I'm just looking for opinions on the status of the game. Some people have told me it's shit, some have told me it's still good. If everyone who replied to this post told me it's shit, I would probably think long about returning. All in all I'm just looking for a good time, getting friends and doing shit.

  6. #6
    No. I don't think it's worth resubscribing. If you end up anyways, which I object to, roll Horde Tichondrius

  7. #7
    Well, the game is less populated than it was in cata. The game also gives out free epics through their new dynamic event island, and you can also get your dungeon sets and see all the content the game has to offer through LFR by being afk.

    So, I wouldn't say its worth it for you to come back at this point in time. Things will change during the next expac, should wait until then. But if your adamant about joining, pick a high populated realm.

  8. #8
    Thanks! Ytlayol, what realms are highly populated/on the rise? In other words, which realm is the most popular?

  9. #9
    If those were your problems before- feeling like raiding and epic gear was losing its exclusivity, and feeling like more "endgame" content was available to casual or new players- those things have not changed. Warcraft is becoming increasingly casual-friendly, and is adding more and more catch up and gearing mechanics in order to help a larger number of players see raid content.

    Heroic and arguably Normal mode raiding is as challenging as ever, but Looking For Raid and Flex difficulty are designed to be easier, less punishing ways for casual players to see raid instances, raid bosses, and get gear.


    ((PS. If you want good realm info, we're gonna need to know if you're EU or US, if you're looking for a PvE or PvP server, and what faction you are... or you can do a little research yourself at wowprogress.com, it's especially good if you only care about factoring the max-level raiding population into your decision))
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-01-24 at 01:22 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If those were your problems before- feeling like raiding and epic gear was losing its exclusivity, and feeling like more "endgame" content was available to casual or new players- those things have not changed. Warcraft is becoming increasingly casual-friendly, and is adding more and more catch up and gearing mechanics in order to help a larger number of players see raid content.

    Heroic and arguably Normal mode raiding is as challenging as ever, but Looking For Raid and Flex difficulty are designed to be easier, less punishing ways for casual players to see raid instances, raid bosses, and get gear.


    ((PS. If you want good realm info, we're gonna need to know if you're EU or US, if you're looking for a PvE or PvP server, and what faction you are... or you can do a little research yourself at wowprogress.com, it's especially good if you only care about factoring the max-level raiding population into your decision))
    Thanks! My biggest issue isn't that people can achieve stuff even tho they are just casuals, my biggest issue when I left was the lack of serious people. I realise now, after browsing some other threads here, my old server is in fact dying (Jaedenar EU)

    In reponse to your PS, as seen above I'm EU. I've always played on a PvP server, so I'll guess that will stay the same. But as far as faction goes, I'm open to whatever. I've habitually played both alliance and horde since classic(Double accoints) so thats not an issue at all. So if you have any recommendations for me, I would love to hear them!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrax View Post
    Thanks! My biggest issue isn't that people can achieve stuff even tho they are just casuals, my biggest issue when I left was the lack of serious people. I realise now, after browsing some other threads here, my old server is in fact dying (Jaedenar EU)

    In reponse to your PS, as seen above I'm EU. I've always played on a PvP server, so I'll guess that will stay the same. But as far as faction goes, I'm open to whatever. I've habitually played both alliance and horde since classic(Double accoints) so thats not an issue at all. So if you have any recommendations for me, I would love to hear them!
    I'm a US player, so I don't know the EU environment all that well.

    If I had to make a tentative guess as to what some decent raiding servers would be, I would pick out Kazzak for Horde, though you might experience login queues, Ragnaros for Horde (lower population, so no or little risk of queue times to login), for Alliance, I'd try Sylvanas.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm a US player, so I don't know the EU environment all that well.

    If I had to make a tentative guess as to what some decent raiding servers would be, I would pick out Kazzak for Horde, though you might experience login queues, Ragnaros for Horde (lower population, so no or little risk of queue times to login), for Alliance, I'd try Sylvanas.
    I tip my hat for you!(All of you) Really, you would know better than me wether you are US or EU. I will take your picks into consideration in my further research!

  13. #13
    I know alot of people will disagree, but at this point of WoW I would say wait till WoD. now if you were to say 3 months ago, yup its a good time. Right now its at that point were people really aren't excited for anything in the game anymore except for WoD. unless you wanna come in and farm until you are ilevel 540 so you can join a group (3 months ago it was 520). plus its that point where people are getting sick of SoS because they do it 3x a week (RF/Flex/Normal)
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2014-01-24 at 02:59 AM.

  14. #14
    If you're really itching to play, go for it. If not, wait until WoD. Simple as that, really, especially if you're interested in an automatic 90 and, of course, content is always less faceroll at the beginning of an expac. Timeless Isles has fresh 90s in full epics in a matter of hours, so if having gear handed to you was a sticking point for you, yeah, stay away.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrax View Post
    Hi! I stopped playing WoW rigth after Cata came out, because I felt the community wasn't as strong as it used to be. Alot of new players were joining, and everything got so easy to obtain. It seemed worthless to us serious, dedicated end-game raiders to spend so much time on something when there were so many "noobs" ruining instanceruns and BG's and generally just tossing shit around.

    Recently I've been considering returning to azeroth. Is it worth it? Can I find a guild/pvp team who is serious, dedicated and above the age of 14?
    (No offense to young players, some of you are actually good. But you get my gist of it)

    Edit:
    Feel free to mention some good realm/faction combination.
    Yes but from the sound of it I don't think I want you to :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #16
    Don't do it! If you're going to return to any game, at least let it be a good one!

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    4,398
    No stay away, the game is dying while Blizzard is milking the playerbase, you can try out the new expansion once it's out tho, it's always fun in the beginning
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  18. #18
    Definitely not worth it. If you're itching to play a MMO game there are so many better options out there that cost less or nothing at all to get started.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome Edoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Posts
    532
    I recently returned and I'm having fun. Of course people who are burned out or not playing currently will say "OH NO DON'T DO IT AHMG" but there's plenty of things to keep a returning player busy until WoD. At the very least, get professions caught up and make a little gold going into the expansion, especially considering how long you've been out.

    Don't let the doomsayers keep you from trying it again. If you don't like the state of the game, you won't have to waste your money on WoD.

  20. #20
    Nah, we're all going to Draenor in a few months, just meet us there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •