Blood DK stacking Dodge/Parry

I just noticed our Blood DK (ilvl 573) is reforging out of haste/mastery and is going dodge/parry. I was looking at some Blood DK topics online but couldn't find anything that suggested this was ever a good idea? Is there some weird ilevel breakpoint where it becomes better?

It's the DPS build for Blood DKs I believe. Mastery does nothing for DPS... I was under the impression that haste was bad for survivablity for Blood.. But 75% of Dodge and Parry translate to crit for some time after you dodge or parry. Our Blood DK is running a Dodge/Parry build and is usually near the top of the DPS on cleave fights like H Protectors.
    Last edited by delk; 2014-01-23 at 10:23 PM.

Read the stickied Blood DK guide. An avoidance build sacrifices some predictability of damage intake in exchange for a significant increase to DPS. This is a valid and effective way to gear, especially in 10m raiding or any situation where tank DPS is important.

The above posters are correct. If your Blood finds himself either using the DPS cloak on occasion, or generally not having survivability issues, then it is likely best for him to go with avoidance. This is because of the recent addition of Riposte.

If he talked to the healers and they're cool with it, then by all means he should be helping pump in some dps. On big aoe fights he can likely outdps most of the raid with a Riposte build.

He should generally skip dodge though and just try to get as much parry as possible.

also there is a thread right at the top of this very forum:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4-DK-Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    He should generally skip dodge though and just try to get as much parry as possible.

....what about diminishing returns?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    ....what about diminishing returns?
    it's a minuscule gain in avoidance. not even worth bothering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

Balancing Avoidance and DR
    Due to Parry double dipping with SoB stacks, there is no real reason not to prefer it to dodge. The resources you gain with parryhaste (your melee speed increased after a parry) outweighs the resources lost with properly balancing DR.
    Last edited by bals; 2014-01-23 at 11:31 PM.

More than half a year into the patch and people still haven't caught up with the riposte/scent of blood changes? >_>