Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Farming rares for bags, like in Townlong steppes etc rare elites.

Gathering profs for sure. Everything else is waste of time and gold.

Deleted
    It is possible to almoust get gold cap from Love is in the air

Mount sells about 10 000g, and if you farm Lovely charms 10 hours every day of the event which is 14 days, you will get 910 000g worth of mounts

One spot I usually farm has almost instantly re-spawns. The mobs only have like 300k health and drop cloth, gold, motes etc. Use the potion of goodluck and farm here for a while with multi tagging and AE down and you can make 200-400 cloth for every 20 mins of the potion that sell for about 18-28g a stack on my server. Go with empty bags and farm as much as possible.

http://i57.tinypic.com/307umog.jpg
    ^
    Location on map

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    It is possible to almoust get gold cap from Love is in the air

Mount sells about 10 000g, and if you farm Lovely charms 10 hours every day of the event which is 14 days, you will get 910 000g worth of mounts
    This isn't correct. Gold prices are based on server and on a "if sell basis."
    Mounts on my server last year were listed for about 7k after the love is in the air and during it were about 2-3k gold. They weren't hard to get, and after a few days of the love is in the air, people who casually farm will have their mounts on the auction house. Only the first few mounts which are priced high are throw up by a hardcore farmer (day 1 etc).

For the OP.

To be honest, your better off using the DK to get the mining materials to pass the more expensive parts of JC. Some servers charge an arm and a leg to get past things like TBC/WOTLK etc. So if you got the time, go farm the mats yourself, if you don't. Farm the gold instead. Gold is quicker than running around manually collecting the ore but it's based on if you buy to resell, or have gear to mass AOE pull mobs for stuff.

Getting golden lotus and changing them into pots of luck is a good trade off (lotus sell for about 40g)(pots sell for 70g on my server). With the spot above I posted, this is one reason people buy the pots on my server.
    Last edited by Kosic; 2014-02-12 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    I have followed lovebird prices for long time and they usually are about 10 000

I said its possible to get almoust gold cap from that event, and it is correct.

I use auction house

I'll chime in, only because I've tried just about all. I have maxed professions in all but Alch and maxed all the gathering. I have a lock that is a skinner/miner and I've been happy with that. The extra health doesn't hurt and more crit for a lock...yes please.

If you're going to have a gathering alt, my suggestion would be the shammy. Mostly because you can gather while in ghost wolf form. It's not much, but that added run speed is nice to have. Another consideration is mount speed... if you only have one character with 310% flying speed, that should be your gatherer.

Another thing to consider is that a JC will get extras from mining nodes....just something else to consider.

Lastly, unless you are spending a ton of time in the AH and have gold to spend, don't level off of the AH. If anything, use the AH to suppliment your profession leveling. As previously mentioned, old school mats will cost you an arm and a leg. I've been leveling a mining/blacksmith DK and it's SOOO hard crafting when you see the prices the ores are going for. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    One spot I usually farm has almost instantly re-spawns. The mobs only have like 300k health and drop cloth, gold, motes etc. Use the potion of goodluck and farm here for a while with multi tagging and AE down and you can make 200-400 cloth for every 20 mins of the potion that sell for about 18-28g a stack on my server. Go with empty bags and farm as much as possible.

http://i57.tinypic.com/307umog.jpg
    ^
    Location on map

- - - Updated - - -
    Good spot can confirm I also use this spot to grind out 88 - 90

i make 50k every 3 weeks by just making leatherworking belts. i have 5 leatherworkers and they sell for 10k each. i farm almost all of the leather i need on the tillers farm.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i make 50k every 3 weeks by just making leatherworking belts. i have 5 leatherworkers and they sell for 10k each. i farm almost all of the leather i need on the tillers farm.
    10k for each belt? on most servers LW 533 are sold in loss (on my server they go at 5-5.5k with Magnificent Hides at 150g each, meaning they cost 6.3k to make)

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo stuff...

HC dungeons until till lvl 85, raids till lvl 80, rares, warbringer boosts (solo them too).

Else, I sell boosts in dugneons/HC's - odd that some DPS players/some times healers too, wish to pay for a tank to make it safer/faster.

Else sell transmog gear, quite good income.

Best selling though, is twink gear, I on purpose sell twink gear expensive as they always sell. I have no problem in forcing any coin from a twink ^^

Else, of course the good old, professions - cooldowns mostly, or cooldown reserve fees. Yes, happened a bit, normally sell my cooldowns at an okay price, but some wish to pay keep getting CD's off me, so they pay a little extra so I save my CD for them only.

Thank lord for having 4 Blacksmiths, 4 Engineers, 4 Alchemists, 2 Jewelcrafters, 2 Enchanters, 2 Tailors, 2 Scribes, 2 Leatherworkers, and of course cooks. Carts sells good!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

3 on my servers auction house sitting at 8.5k, 8.9k, and 9.4k. I don't know how long they've been up, but they were there a few hours ago. I'm expecting the horde side to be even cheaper as it's a horde heavy server.
    It's really down to if they actually sell, and for what cost.

Each server is different, and I personally don't see them all selling for a killing for every single server. Plus for a very limited window (requires love is in the air to farm) it isn't a constant way to rely on making that gold.

I sell Royal Satchels while farming the spot I posted above, you can make bolts of cloth and with the high amount of Spirits you can get, you can easily skip the daily cooldown on the imperial silk.

Few hours of farming (would say closer to 2 hours pure grind) you could make a Royal Satchel and throw it in the AH for around 3-4.6k gold.

Personally most of my income come from solo-farming old content (TBC heroics/raids, and WotLK Raids, mainly) Most of the cloth you find in the raids can be sold for a fair penny depending on the server, and sometimes you might even get lucky and find a Cool BoE Transmorg which can also be sold. (Found and sold a blue 2h sword from TBC for 1k, the name escapes me for the moment)

Bosses in general have high gold drops and the epics are worth quite a bit as well. i usually make a few thousand from Clearing Black temple after selling the cloth, epics and so on.

Other than dat i go on a daily farm run into the Isle of Giants with friends farming bones, and i skin ALL the dinosaurs. They drop 2-6 leather each, and the dinomancers there drop the Zandalari baby raptor pets. There is also a War-God Dokah, which is the "upgrade" of Zandalari Warbringers, he spawns rougly every 30-60 min, drops 5 Rep tokens for 4 factions (if you need that), and a bag full of crafting mats.

this is pretty much all i do aside from raiding >_>... i need help

Soloing

A timeless geared toon can easily solo anything from MC to Naxx

Places like Naxx is a gold mine what with all the cloth, infinite dust and pets and gold drops

I can make 500g doing BT just by vendoring everything let alone making bags from all the cloth.

Deleted

Thumbs up

I would consider getting yourself into flipping items at the AH. Using site's like The Undermine Journal or WoWuction could really help you getting to know the prices and selling stuff for the best profit.
    It won't be easy to learn how to play the AH very well, but if you have to time and effort for it, it will definitely pay you out.

Deleted

It might be correct for your server but that figure is way too optimistic for a lot of servers. All servers are different.

Having just seen your previous postings on another thread I can see you are clueless about how the AH works and just want guaranteed get quick rich schemes. You will make a lot more gold if you understand the basics of how it works and are prepared to put the effort in as well as being moderately smart.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2014-02-19 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    It might be correct for your server but that figure is way too optimistic for a lot of servers. All servers are different.
    Exactly, lovebirds on Proudmoore-Alliance are currently listed for bids of 4k, buyouts around 5.5k. A far cry from the "usual".

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    Yeah thats what I do for gold, I have an alchemist, and a miner, and I just farm a shit ton of ghost iron ore and transmute it to Trillium then undercut but 50-60 gold on the AH and it usually sells super fast, and for 100% profit.

Just want to point out, if others haven't done so already, this is 100% WRONG.

Your time has value and thus even if you spend 4 hours mining and get, for example, 200 stacks of Ghost Iron Ore and each stack could sell for 40g per, that's 8,000 gold worth of ore, over 4 hours is 2,000 gold per hour, which is pretty horrible (again random numbers out of my behind). The PROFIT comes in when you start xmuting to trillium bars. If you are an xmute master you get 20% more bars on average when you xmute up your GIO to Trillium Bars.

So you have 20 x 200 = 4000 ore, you smelt to 2,000 bars (90g per stack of bars, 10g profit for 20 bars) for a value of 9,000g (1,000 profit on the raw materials)

Then you xmute them to trillium bars:

2,000 / 10 = 200 trillium

Your an xmute master:

200 x 0.2 = 40 'free' procced bars on average

240 total Trillium bars.

now checking my home server prices for trillium bars is 40g per bar

240 x 40g = 9,600

9,600 - 8,000 = 1,600 profit on the raw items. Roughly equals 16% profit, however the time spent smelting and crafting could of been spent doing other stuff that makes more gold per hour.

Remember everything has value even your time. After all you don't go to work for free, you get paid for your time spent doing stuff you don't really want to do most of the time (yes you may like your job, most don't, i love my job). Gold making is no different.

JC and Enchanting will net you a good amount if you get all the patterns for the rep stuff!

I second JC/Enchanting.