Multi target boomie question

So let's say I'm doing a fight like protectors...and I'm going through dotting all the bosses/adds..when I'm going through them all dotting and I'm getting massive amounts of SS procs..is it priority to get the dots up or to use a SS proc whenever it appears regardless if the target is dotted up or not? Thanks

Use SS procs as a priority. Try to shoot them at a dotted target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm learning Balance as my offspec. Is there a reason to shoot SS at a dotted target?

Starsurge crits extend Moonfire and Sunfire by 2 seconds.

Played boomy and didnt even know that xD

Deleted
    The question is tho: is it better to multidot and use SS procs or do your single-target rotation on the focus-target (maybe with eclipsed dot on the other bosses)?

Quote Originally Posted by tioz View Post
    The question is tho: is it better to multidot and use SS procs or do your single-target rotation on the focus-target (maybe with eclipsed dot on the other bosses)?
    Naturally multidotting is a DPS increase, why would anyone do it if it wasn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    DoTing extra targets is a loss on single target DPS, as this thread on the first page will tell you. Specifically DoTing a second target is a 3% loss and a third target an 8% loss.
    Is it? I'm not sure, it gets harder to get from Eclipse to Eclipse and maintaining two dots on 3+ targets... I don't know. I feel safer to single-target the enemy that needs to die/transition next and only dot stuff like weapons @Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by tioz View Post
    Is it? I'm not sure, it gets harder to get from Eclipse to Eclipse and maintaining two dots on 3+ targets... I don't know. I feel safer to single-target the enemy that needs to die/transition next and only dot stuff like weapons @Garrosh.
    He's talking about the single target DPS. Not about the whole total DPS. He's saying if you dot a second target it won't increase your single target DPS on the target to focus on. Of course your DPS will be higher on meter tho.