Lei-Shen 10hc - any easy mode strat?

I'm soon planning on making a run for our guild to clear him (+Ra-den) for g-achie since we failed it when it was current. 20% global nerf and majority people will be wearing ~574ilvl. Seeing how we will have roughtly 2 hours to work on them, what would be the most foolproof way of doing him now? Which conduit to overcharge first? 3 heal to handle transition easier? Any tips appreciated.

Make sure you have your immunity based players in a group so they don't require a healer, at this point having to stack for a static shock without a heal even should be fine especially if you have health stones, we did static shock and diffusion chain when were were doing it pre 5.4. Also having the two tanks in a group means all they should have to deal with is bouncing bolts. 2 heal should be fine and your dps should be able to push by the second platform each time. Make sure you have an AoE stun for ball lightnings and cleave them down. I think you need 5 people out of melee range for the min amount to spawn after that have everyone move in so they stack up nicely and just cleave, they should melt with the nerf and more gear. Other than that make sure you have lock portals or a priest with body and soul in a group that has people without enough speed increases for helm of command. Should be very easy at this point as the dps check in p3 is non existent now.

Just don't make the assumption that "since it's nerfed by 20% and we are ~40 ilvls above we can ignore any and all mechanics hurrdurr.

You could probably kill durumu before he starts the maze, but you need to kill the adds. Breaths on tortos still need turtles, and failing to get out of the pools on jinrokh for debuff/orbs still wipes the raid.

That said, any strat you were using pre 5.4 will still work, and will be WAY easier to execute due to a higher output/health from everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Just don't make the assumption that "since it's nerfed by 20% and we are ~40 ilvls above we can ignore any and all mechanics hurrdurr.
    Oh, but we did get 9/13 hc when it was current and now got 11/13 hc ready save, and majority of fights were laughable, Tortos felt like trash mob, Meg couldn't get single ability off before another head was down, JiKun without nest etc. :P.

Just wondering if extra health/less damage allows more bruteforce tactics than before. I know Helm will still kill (duh) and you can't let big adds spawn. That's why I'm mostly worried about transition phases. Like iirc you had to 2 heal it during progress, but wouldn't third healer made splitting/surving group easier?

The dps and healing check on Lei Shen is now non-existent with the gear people have.

Having said that the transitions will likely still kill you if you miss bouncing bolts without a tank in the quadrant or spawn too many of the diffusion adds (they still hurt in the 2nd transition) I'm not sure adding healers will make it easier. If you fail to mechanics you are basically asking healers to heal stupid, its not always possible :P

Have everyone understand what to do on transitions and you'll win. We did it a month ago with half mains/half alts and people doing the silliest things and we still 1 shot it.

That being said, understand how the orbs and the debuff work in phase 1 raden and you'll get the immortal achieve. Its that stupid easy.

The beauty is that this fights has nothing to do with gear, it's a mechanic fight, so even if you outgear it, you'll still wipe if you don't do the transitions correctly.

No gear or nerf will save you from mechanics failed.

So no, there is no easy mode, you still have to learn how to do them. Just like Ragnaros, he was nerfed but he was still hard and you had to have perfect execution.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    On LS you still need to follow the mechanics. You just have a larger margin for error and phases are over much faster so you don't have that massive damage from walking the boss around so much.

Ra'den however is a complete pushover. My raidgroup, which hadn't seen him before, oneshot him simply on pure dps burn. That was with ilvl 560.

Honestly the only thing you might struggle with are the transitions, just make sure your group isn't full of classes that can't soak(Shamans, DKs, but idk about 10m Static Shock damage, might be fine with 570+ gear and nerf to solo soak with self CDs). The boss should melt away easily with +350k average DPS

We did it recently with two healers (iirc, we swapped at some point so I'm not 100% sure of the final comp).
    The -20% nerf make the p3 absurdly easy. We had a 3% wipe on a try where we started the p3 with 3 dead dps.
    Transitions are still as hard as before, though (well, slightly easier because Static shock deals less damage).

Having done this since then with the 560-570itlv group... it is an utter joke now.

Mainly I recommend you avoid ever stepping foot on the overcharge platform - that is the main one that requires any coordination to avoid stun/derp issues with it. The dps is so high now that you essentially ignore all mechanics by pushing him in 1-2 ability casts.

Don't waste your time trying to be fancy with solo soaking either. Just have everyone there help soak everytime IMO. It's effectively 50% less damage than it used to be with gear/nerf --- better to just soak it with everyone than chance someone screwing up their solo. I found even two players could soak together if they used minor cds. The old rule still applies for soaking static shock in transition: the first one in the phase is easy to soak (you're at 100% health) so don't waste big cds on it, but the 2nd one a quadrant may get.. people are low and scattered a bit so use your cds on that one.

So I do recommend you do Diffusion chain to deactivate first, then static shock (or balls, whichever). and again.. don't step foot on overcharge platform -- just push him before having to deal with it.

If you make it to last phase you basically win at this point (assuming ranged can stay more than 25ish yards from melee so you don't kill everyone with Thunderstruck). You may even want to heroism on the pull to just push the fight faster and get working on transition since last phase dps check isn't an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

and ps what we did last was

Start on diffusion chain platform to put to highest energy. Then walk towards static or bouncing (I forget what the room looks like). He'll likely push before 2nd ability if you're heroing.

Transition:
    Diffusion chain platform: 1 tank + strong solo soaker (rogue/hunter). Or x2 tanks.
    transition 2 these people split to new platform groups.

other groups:
    2dps + 1 healer x2
    another 1 tank + 1 strong solo soaker.

I mean TBH last time we did it at that item level we got to last phase with x3 people dead and still killed it with no problem. Sooo if you're going in at 570 it shouldn't be too bad if people focus a little. Good luck.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2014-01-25 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Just wondering if extra health/less damage allows more bruteforce tactics than before. I know Helm will still kill (duh) and you can't let big adds spawn. That's why I'm mostly worried about transition phases. Like iirc you had to 2 heal it during progress, but wouldn't third healer made splitting/surving group easier?
    That is wrong even during progression, the easiest way to hand transitions is 2 groups made up of a tank+melee with an immunity (rogue, feral, ret, monk etc) and the other 2 groups is ranged+1 healer. If a tank/melee get helm and cant soak every orb in their platform then they let it hit once and pick the add up/soak the orb before it bounces again. Then during the 2nd transition all of the ranged+healers go to 1 platform and the tank/melee groups stay the exact same.

Even on my very first kill we had 2-3 big adds spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Justusy View Post
    Start on diffusion chain platform to put to highest energy. Then walk towards static or bouncing (I forget what the room looks like). He'll likely push before 2nd ability if you're heroing.
    That's what I've been looking for. Thanks for help, that's what we did and we killed it in few tries (few people who haven't seen/remember fight at all).