Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Denmark may soon become the first country to ban circumcision

They're calling it genital mutilation.

Meanwhile, Israel is trying pretty hard to block what are broadly perceived as a clear step forward in children's human rights.

http://cphpost.dk/news/circumcision-...rael.8440.html

Deleted
    Didn't Germany ban it?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Didn't Germany ban it?
    Not sure. They MAY have banned it for non-religious reasons... but Denmark is trying to ban it for ALL non-therapeutic reasons.

Deleted
    Didn't Germany ban it?
    No, just some higher standards now. They tried to just make it possible at the age of 14 and failed.

In the Israeli media, readers have repeatedly been told that the widely-held European stance against ritual circumcision is rooted partly in anti-Semitism
    Why doesn't thid suprise me at all they pull that card out yet again...
    Last edited by mmoc20f4645926; 2014-01-24 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    They're calling it genital mutilation.
    Which is what it is.

No matter what any imaginary character in any fiction book says.

I don't think rape becomes "accidental sex" if Harry Potter claims it so in the next bestseller.

So it shouldn't matter what God, Allah or the Cookie Monster call it when you take a knife to your baby's undeveloped privates just because your imaginary friend told you to or because you "feel like it".

If this bit of common sense escapes you, you have no business raising kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Not sure. They MAY have banned it for non-religious reasons... but Denmark is trying to ban it for ALL non-therapeutic reasons.
    Good for them, I am against all non medical procedures against children, better to give them a choice later in life.

Deleted
    Good for them, I am against all non medical procedures against children, better to give them a choice later in life.
    Yep, hard to argue with this imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel is really starting to make a fool of itself...

How neat. Go us.

15+ Year Old Account
    "In the Israeli media, readers have repeatedly been told that the widely-held European stance against ritual circumcision is rooted partly in anti-Semitism"

I think it's more rooted in "Hey, perhaps cutting part of a baby's penis off isn't cool" common sense.

Wish that thought occurred to my mom, but hey, I'm preventing the odds of my (nonexistent) wife's contracting cervical cancer by some tiny amount, maybe, so it's all good, right.

I didn't really read the article and maybe it's in there, but what about people with Phimosis?

Nevermind, I did a ctrl+f search on 'medical' and it was already stated in the first paragraph that it's only to be banned for non-medical purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I didn't really read the article and maybe it's in there, but what about people with Phimosis?
    Non-therapeutic reasons

Phimosis can be treated with a steroid though anyway

Deleted
    Thats ok, medical reasons.

Deleted
    Might want to fix the title, as it is it sounds just about as stupid as "skin-grafts being banned in X country". There are medical applications to circumcision, which they aren't banning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Non-therapeutic reasons

Phimosis can be treated with a steroid though anyway
    Not in nearly all of the cases though.

Deleted

Nevermind, I did a ctrl+f search on 'medical' and it was already stated in the first paragraph that it's only to be banned for non-medical purposes.
    Thats a medical condition and so circumcision would still be an option, although a smart man would try steroid creams and stretching before resorting to permanent surgery.

^ This basically.

You wanna mutilate your dick/candy-apple or get new breasts/butt/nose?

Do it on your dime and time when you're old enough to comprehend the emotional, monetary, physical and psychological costs of such procedures whilst weighing them against the (supposed) benefits.

If you force such things onto minors/babies, then you deserve to go to jail and have the child(ren) taken off your hands and placed into the hands of those who want children for purposes other than poking sharp objects into their private parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Deleted
    This would be incredibly good.

Chelly
    In the Israeli media, readers have repeatedly been told that the widely-held European stance against ritual circumcision is rooted partly in anti-Semitism
    Boy that victim complex

Didn't know this was in the works, but for once Denmark is actually doing something right.

The point is choice. If someone wants to cut their dick, then hey its your dick... have at it. Just don't make that decision for someone else.

I was cut, and it hasn't negatively impacted my life whatsoever. I wouldn't make that choice for my son though.
    ( ; , , ; )