Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    Out of curiosity how could it be therapeutic?
    They mean it in a medical sense, be it phimosis or some form of medical condition relating to the foreskin which necessitates the removal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurnor View Post
    The state dont have any right to interfere in a religious matter which exists since over 2000 years the ban of this prevents to make our childs become jewish which we already know was tried several times in this part of europe
    actually the state has every right to do so.

or should we let the church burn some witches again?

You are quite an idiot if you think female circumcision is like the one for males
    I don't. The fact remains, however, that you can't modify someone's body without their consent and have it not be considered mutilation.

I'm simply pointing out that governments CAN and HAVE stepped in to stop religious and cultural practices that are considered to be mutilation.

If you want it done so damned badly, get it done at 14-18. You know, when you can deliver informed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I have posted several links regarding the benefits and possible negatives of circumcision.

From the links you yourself provided:

"However, there are much more effective and less invasive ways of preventing these conditions. For example, practising good hygiene to prevent UTIs, or using a condom to prevent STIs."

Translation: Teach your fucking child to fucking wash so invasive potentially fatal surgeries don't have to be performed on infants.

Next time, read the bloody links before posting them so you don't look like a retard. Especially before you resort to claiming anyone else is one.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post24960780
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

You are quite an idiot if you think female circumcision is like the one for males
    It is exactly like the one for males.
    There are many kinds of female circumcision. Some are extremely worrying, most are no worse than male circumcision. But we've banned ALL female genital mutilation, and for good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    actually the state has every right to do so.

or should we let the church burn some witches again?
    I was thinking 'human sacrifice,' but nice catch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I don't. The fact remains, however, that you can't modify someone's body without their consent and have it not be considered mutilation.

I'm simply pointing out that governments CAN and HAVE stepped in to stop religious and cultural practices that are considered to be mutilation.

If you want it done so damned badly, get it done at 14-18. You know, when you can deliver informed consent.
    They cant be a jew if they arent circumcised in 7-8 days after birth so in essence you ban the jewish religion good job europe

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    "However, there are much more effective and less invasive ways of preventing these conditions. For example, practising good hygiene to prevent UTIs, or using a condom to prevent STIs."

Did you even read the stuff you posted or did you just google and copy the first few links?

Good boy. You learned the tool. Now learn to read the results before linking them so you stop looking like a tool.

Oh the irony...
    And how many boys, say between the ages of 5 and 13, do you suppose are fastidious about their hygiene? yeah....you are lucky to get them to the table with a barely wiped face

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    It is exactly like the one for males.
    There are many kinds of female circumcision. Some are extremely worrying, most are no worse than male circumcision. But we've banned ALL female genital mutilation, and for good reason.
    There are over a billion of people who are circumcised and nobody complains except western idiots who arent even circumcised

They cant be a jew if they arent circumcised in 7-8 days after birth so in essence you ban the jewish religion good job europe
    If a religion cannot adapt, it goes extinct. This is true for ALL ideologies.
    I suggest you adapt.
    There are over a billion of people who are circumcised and nobody complains except western idiots who arent even circumcised
    Holy logical fallacy batman.

Deleted
    You can't follow a religion if you don't have surgery? Sounds pretty fucked up.

Just curious, but how do people here feel about tonsils being removed, throat mutilation is a bad thing too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    In fact throughout the course of my readings I have found the suggestion that washing it too frequently can actually lead to the described problems, as it can interrupt the natural enzymatic something something medical terms.
    Yeah the increased risk of UTI is more because of a lack of beneficial bacteria, which is in part due to diet or whether or not you were breastfed. If you have beneficial bacteria, they essentially prevent colonization of potentially pathogenic bacteria/yeast. If you wash them away with soap too much, you remove this protection.

Any detriments of not getting circumcised seem to be a side effect of removing ourselves from the state of nature, whether the mechanism be by diet, reduced human contact, or otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    You can't follow a religion if you don't have surgery? Sounds pretty fucked up.
    Not really

Deleted
    It would almost be worth it just to see the outcry of some of those lunatics who think that genital mutilation is necessary to "join" a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Just curious, but how do people here feel about tonsils being removed, throat mutilation is a bad thing too.
    A: They grow back.
    B: If they are removed preemptively, then that is malpractice and yes, mutilation.
    Not really
    Try to look at that again from a non-religious point of view.

Deleted
    Remove them if needed for medical reasons, but not for shits and giggles.

The state dont have any right to interfere in a religious matter which exists since over 2000 years the ban of this prevents to make our childs become jewish which we already know was tried several times in this part of europe
    Religion does not have the right to dictate how legislation is made. We have a separation of the state from religion here.

Deleted
    Religion has a time limit? god must hate time wasters. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Avoidable, except in rare circumstances. Tonsils are the immune system's first line of defense against pathogens that enter via the mouth.

Deleted
    wow thats some nice god you believe in.

anyway, like someone posted, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT JEWS.

WE DONT WANT GENITAL MUTILATION. period.