Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Me, like I said, the kinds of things I enjoy are pretty much the kinds of things they are putting less time and effort into (dungeons, exploration, world events, etc), and more time elsewhere (scenarios, LFR, dailies) to things I don't enjoy. There may be "so much more to do on alts", but it's mostly content I don't enjoy, new features I don't like and I still very much enjoy the old features they once used to pay more attention to.
    1. They are moving away from dailies, not too dailies.
    2. They are moving towards world events, not away from world events.
    3. How does LFR require time and effort? It's the same instance with lower damage and less abilities.

The scenarios part I totally agree on but the rest of your statement is pretty much the complete opposite of what Blizzard is trying to move towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Hey its you again, so how many whine threads did you make again?
    Just to make you remember, development for BC was always WAY longer...
    You mean back when they had way less experience and resources?
    It's not a whine thread. The point of a forum is for discussion and the OP is raising a very good point with some good arguments. Unlike you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Best recipe for dungeons is fast runs 10-15 mins average, I fucking hate those dungeons where you have to wait for something to activate before you can continue, Siege of Niuzao Temple is a good example of that, such a shitty dungeon, I just want to control how much too pull, not be limited by blizzard.

Temple of the Jade Serpent and stormstout brewery is my favorite dungeons, there is some rpg elements but in most cases you can clear them so fast, which is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    MoP had 9 instances from launch, never got even one more
    Wrong. The last patch added Siege of Nuizao Temple instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Wrong. The last patch added Siege of Nuizao Temple instance.
    No it was there at launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Although I don't totally hate scenarios, I feel like they were just added in as a throwaway. A lot of people used to like running 5 mans to farm their valor or justice points and to farm rep(with rep tabards), but in MoP a lot of people stopped running heroics a few months into the xpac because it just got boring doing the same ones over and over. I think blizz dropped the ball by not adding 1 or 2 new dungeons in a previous content patch. And with the additions of the timeless isle, new level 90s go straight from green leveling gear to 496 gear, and straight into lfr.

They could've easily turned a couple of the personal scenarios on the isle of thunder into 5 mans. The whole key run zone(treasure trove of the thunder king) could've been a nice 5 man....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Me, like I said, the kinds of things I enjoy are pretty much the kinds of things they are putting less time and effort into (dungeons, exploration, world events, etc), and more time elsewhere (scenarios, LFR, dailies) to things I don't enjoy. There may be "so much more to do on alts", but it's mostly content I don't enjoy, new features I don't like and I still very much enjoy the old features they once used to pay more attention to.
    You are in the minority of people that enjoy instances outside of the launch patch.

Deleted
    People stopped playing MoP dungeons because they are so pisspoor easy and more linear than a CoD campaign.

Also some of them have stupid mechanics.
    Last edited by mmoc6f54e43091; 2014-01-25 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Why do they keep pushing challenge modes >.>

they arent fun, they arent hard. Can Blizzard really not just admit "hey, this feature we thought of sucks ass" and remove it?
    When have they ever admitted that?

1) More dungeons with similar art styles or fewer, more visually individualised dungeons... difficult choice (assuming entertaining encounters in both cases, of course).

Personally I'd rather they went with the TBC style. Why?
    It's one thing to get, say, AuchenaiCrypts one evening and then ManaTombs the next, and quite another to get, say, GateOfTheSettingSun two days in a row (due to higher chance of it getting randomly picked from the smaller instance pool). At least in the first hypothesis you at least get different bosses & different loot (and, while not that noticeable, a slightly different layout and atmosphpere).
    The more you increase the number of days, the more this effect amplifies.

Another advantage of the TBC system was that they could vary difficulty between all those dungeons to a higher degree.

2) If I remember right, when designing dungeons for TBC they debated between the BRD style (long, many bosses, maze-like ramifications) or the SM style (central hub with several wings, more streamlined, shorter). They went with the second because of how popular SM was in Classic and how painful BRD used to be (yes, even if you enjoyed it, it was a pain to finish).
    From that, we went to shorter dungeons in general (Wrath), to less important and fewer dungeons in general (Cata) and now to only a handful of short, streamlined, facerollable, barely-meaningful-at-end-level pieces of garbage. 5mans were my favourite content in WoW and nowadays even I find them nothing more than a chore and would rather just sit in a city playing bejeweled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    and how many scenarios did bc have again?
    None and that's good.

15+ Year Old Account
    BC had 3 Hellfire Dungeons using the same resources that looked exactly the same and played like linear corridors to the point where if they did it again players whining about "rehash" would still complain. Then they did the same with Tempest Keep. And Auchindoun. And Magister's Terrace. And several of the raids.

Yeah, BC was the king of quantity < quality. What's this thread's point again?

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that you prefer recycled and rehashed mass produced crap rather than unique content. Got it.
    Were the bosses recycled? No.

Maybe i am one of few, but who cares about visual design. Same with the new models. Could not care less.
    Only because they had the same theme, they still were different dungeons. Different backgroundstory(not that i care about it).
    I admit they made it themselves easy with the rehash of architecture, but thats not the point.

Fighting 4types of "Auchidon evils" > fighting 1x bunnies and 1x apes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    BC had 3 Hellfire Dungeons using the same resources that looked exactly the same and played like linear corridors to the point where if they did it again players whining about "rehash" would still complain. Then they did the same with Tempest Keep. And Auchindoun. And Magister's Terrace. And several of the raids.

Yeah, BC was the king of quantity < quality. What's this thread's point again?
    IDK where you guys are getting off saying they weren't different just because they had similar themes. Of course they're going to have a similar look, they're wings of the same faction, it's how it's supposed to be. They looked nothing alike outside of the same theme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Were the bosses recycled? No.

Maybe i am one of few, but who cares about visual design. Same with the new models. Could not care less.
    Only because they had the same theme, they still were different dungeons. Different backgroundstory(not that i care about it).
    I admit they made it themselves easy with the rehash of architecture, but thats not the point.

Fighting 4types of "Auchidon evils" > fighting 1x bunnies and 1x apes.
    Bosses having 1/2 abilities makes recycling near impossible, yet it still happened a few times.

You're going to get bored from seeing a certain artstyle over and over again since those places will be on farm. Nothing more visually disappointing than seeing art used over and over again.
    At the end you're just comparing TBC mobs to MoP mobs, which isn't relevant.

Apparently you don't care about backgroundstory, new models or visuals. Why did you make this post?

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Apparently you don't care about backgroundstory, new models or visuals. Why did you make this post?
    I didnt know this thread was about backgroundstory, new models or visuals.

And dont compare boss abilities from years ago to today.

Deleted
    I'd rather they just make good dungeons, i don't care how many for all i care 6 are enough.
    As long as they are good.

While I'm very much looking forward to WoD, I'm going to say a thing or two in defense of BC dungeons. Yes many of them had similar assets, but they didn't feel like the same dungeon to me. The three hellfire ones had a unifying theme but shattered halls didn't feel rehashed to me after having done ramparts. The bosses were unique and often challenging. As for them being linear cooridors, let's be honest all the MOP dungeons were linear as well, same as the cata ones for the most part.

With the advent of challenge modes, scenarios and more accessable raids through flex and lfr I don't think we really need 15 dungeons for a launch.

As for dungeon count it seems to be 7, I read about six new ones and a redone UBRS for heroic. The thing that DOES bug me about the dungeons is it says there will only be three of them available leveling from 90 to 100. I tend to only do dungeons once for quests when leveling and do most of my leveling in quests, especially when there's so much lore to find in a new ex pack, but this is going to really suck for people that like to spam dungeons to level, having just 3 to last 10 levels.

And don't forget that Wrath did the same exact thing with 5 mans. Oculus/Nexus, Utgarde dungeons, Halls of Stone/Halls of Lightning, Azjol dungeons, Drak'tharon/Gundrak.
    Did we just conveniently forget about that? Oh, and Cata? Gram Batol/Blackrock Caverns, Uldaman dungeons, Zul'aman/Zul'Gurub rehashes.
    I guess we'd rather have more unique dungeons like Stormstout Brewery...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Okay, lets think this through here.

Were those 15 dungeons in BC memorable? No! Only four of them I can remember enjoying!

Were those 7 MoP dungeons memorable? Absolutely! I enjoyed every inch of them!
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-01-25 at 04:53 PM.

Okay, lets think this through here.

Were those 15 dungeons in BC memorable? No! Only four of them I can remember enjoying!

Were those 7 MoP dungeons memorable? Absolutely! I enjoyed every inch of them!