Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    BC dungeons were crap compared to the Vanilla dungeons. They are a single hall connecting a few rooms that you finish in 15 minutes or less.

I would love to see Blizzard bring truly big dungeons like Maraudon and BRD in WoD. Scenarios already accomplish the quick-and-easy run if you are strapped for time, but Dungeons should go back to being actual "Dungeons" ya know.
    bc dungeons crap compared to vanila?!?! are u insane...u realy love BRD? its ugliest instance ever...so what that it took 8 hours to clear it at vanila...its not interesting instance at all...u feel hero to clear instance for lvl 62 coz u went there with ur lvl 70 to clear it for 15 min...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Dungeons like H Sethekk Halls and Botanica were super fast especially if you overgeared them and learned to skip unnecessary trash. I am not talking about the time to get a group.

Single Hall Dungeons began with TBC and were made even more common in WotLK.
    botanika fast?! i absolutely disagree...maybe u had a very good groups...

They have 10x more content for casuals now then they did in BC and wrath.

If you aren't casual then you should not care about this anyways.

Lack of 5 mans is the final nail in the coffin for me among a myriad of other issues I have with the game and the upcoming expansion. The game is just going in a completely different direction than what I enjoyed originally playing and I no longer plan to buy the expansions and play it anymore. Their decision to focus more on things like scenarios, LFR, dailies, etc is just not appealing to me and not what I originally enjoyed about WoW which were dungeons, exploration, world events, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    They have 10x more content for casuals now then they did in BC and wrath.

If you aren't casual then you should not care about this anyways.
    People who play not casually need something to do on alts and such when they finish acquiring all the possible upgrades on their main(s) for the week. There just isn't enough meaningful content to do if you have a lot of play time it felt like for me. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, it just means the game is going in a different direction for a different audience, but sadly that audience no longer includes me and I chose to not continue paying for a game where I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth (enough entertainment to where I wasn't just sitting around AFK in a main city).

Well more dungeons and raids will be added thoughout patches. I miss the TBC days because they had some awesome story lines that led to the raid-end bosses. I'm quiet exited about this new expansion and what they will offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Lack of 5 mans is the final nail in the coffin for me among a myriad of other issues I have with the game and the upcoming expansion. The game is just going in a completely different direction than what I enjoyed originally playing and I no longer plan to buy the expansions and play it anymore. Their decision to focus more on things like scenarios, LFR, dailies, etc is just not appealing to me and not what I originally enjoyed about WoW which were dungeons, exploration, world events, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

People who play not casually need something to do on alts and such when they finish acquiring all the possible upgrades on their main(s) for the week. There just isn't enough meaningful content to do if you have a lot of play time it felt like for me. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, it just means the game is going in a different direction for a different audience, but sadly that audience no longer includes me and I chose to not continue paying for a game where I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth (enough entertainment to where I wasn't just sitting around AFK in a main city).
    The concept is the same. There is so much more to do on alts.

Who runs dungeons for fun on alts anyways? Dungeons in wrath were so retarded you didnt need a tank or healer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Put gear in them that doesn't automatically go obsolete when a new tier arrives. They did this in TBC and people were still running select 5 man heroics because some gear was just damn awesome. (the quags eye trinket comes to mind, also the trinket off the last boss of opening the dark portal)

There are ways to entice players to continue to run content that doesn't solely have to do with gear or power upgrades. If the content is fun, and there are several varied environments (even with similar themes) it gives the player more choices, and different obstacles and enemies to overcome. Also, TBC dungeons were not just a snooze fest, and every single dungeon had a heroic mode to it that was challenging enough to keep players on their toes.
    ??? No one ran heroics after they got geared enough to do any raiding, as ALL the raiding gear was better lol. I hated BC raiding lol, you guys think heroics -> LFR -> Normal was bad, well BC had the same but instead was normals -> heroics -> first tier of raids -> 2nd tier -> finally BT/Hyjal. Back before they took the attunment out if you lost a raider or two during BT/Hyjal progression, if you could replace with them you had to run someone through all the previous tiers to work them up because of gating.

Can we PLEASE take off the ridiculously oversizeed rose tinted goggles on some peoples faces? During BC everyone wanted Wrath for the massive changes to the crapfest it was. Heroics were HATED because of how stupid they were at launch, where if you didn't have cc on your character you had to spend an extra 1-2 HOURS to find a group willing to take you (shamans, paladins namely).Even then they took so long that you didn't want to gear or play anything else through them.

Having a few nicely made dungeons is fine by me, after a dozen or so runs on a few characters I won't visit them again, will just get my valor cap doing dailies or doing LFR, least in those I can make a decent chunk of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    The concept is the same. There is so much more to do on alts.

Who runs dungeons for fun on alts anyways? Dungeons in wrath were so retarded you didnt need a tank or healer.....
    Me, like I said, the kinds of things I enjoy are pretty much the kinds of things they are putting less time and effort into (dungeons, exploration, world events, etc), and more time elsewhere (scenarios, LFR, dailies) to things I don't enjoy. There may be "so much more to do on alts", but it's mostly content I don't enjoy, new features I don't like and I still very much enjoy the old features they once used to pay more attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    MoP had 9 instances from launch, never got even one more

My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

i'm glad they don't spend more time on 5 mans. they're fun for a bit, but they get stale quick. i'd rather they spend more time creating other types of content. i'ts good they are planning to do just that.

The only dungeon TBC didn't have at release was Magister's Terrace.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Me, like I said, the kinds of things I enjoy are pretty much the kinds of things they are putting less time and effort into (dungeons, exploration, world events, etc), and more time elsewhere (scenarios, LFR, dailies) to things I don't enjoy. There may be "so much more to do on alts", but it's mostly content I don't enjoy, new features I don't like and I still very much enjoy the old features they once used to pay more attention to.
    1. They are moving away from dailies, not too dailies.
    2. They are moving towards world events, not away from world events.
    3. How does LFR require time and effort? It's the same instance with lower damage and less abilities.

The scenarios part I totally agree on but the rest of your statement is pretty much the complete opposite of what Blizzard is trying to move towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Hey its you again, so how many whine threads did you make again?
    Just to make you remember, development for BC was always WAY longer...
    You mean back when they had way less experience and resources?
    It's not a whine thread. The point of a forum is for discussion and the OP is raising a very good point with some good arguments. Unlike you.

Best recipe for dungeons is fast runs 10-15 mins average, I fucking hate those dungeons where you have to wait for something to activate before you can continue, Siege of Niuzao Temple is a good example of that, such a shitty dungeon, I just want to control how much too pull, not be limited by blizzard.

Temple of the Jade Serpent and stormstout brewery is my favorite dungeons, there is some rpg elements but in most cases you can clear them so fast, which is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    MoP had 9 instances from launch, never got even one more
    Wrong. The last patch added Siege of Nuizao Temple instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Wrong. The last patch added Siege of Nuizao Temple instance.
    No it was there at launch.

Although I don't totally hate scenarios, I feel like they were just added in as a throwaway. A lot of people used to like running 5 mans to farm their valor or justice points and to farm rep(with rep tabards), but in MoP a lot of people stopped running heroics a few months into the xpac because it just got boring doing the same ones over and over. I think blizz dropped the ball by not adding 1 or 2 new dungeons in a previous content patch. And with the additions of the timeless isle, new level 90s go straight from green leveling gear to 496 gear, and straight into lfr.

They could've easily turned a couple of the personal scenarios on the isle of thunder into 5 mans. The whole key run zone(treasure trove of the thunder king) could've been a nice 5 man....
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

You are in the minority of people that enjoy instances outside of the launch patch.

People stopped playing MoP dungeons because they are so pisspoor easy and more linear than a CoD campaign.

Also some of them have stupid mechanics.
    Last edited by Daisho; 2014-01-25 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Why do they keep pushing challenge modes >.>

they arent fun, they arent hard. Can Blizzard really not just admit "hey, this feature we thought of sucks ass" and remove it?
    When have they ever admitted that?

1) More dungeons with similar art styles or fewer, more visually individualised dungeons... difficult choice (assuming entertaining encounters in both cases, of course).

Personally I'd rather they went with the TBC style. Why?
    It's one thing to get, say, AuchenaiCrypts one evening and then ManaTombs the next, and quite another to get, say, GateOfTheSettingSun two days in a row (due to higher chance of it getting randomly picked from the smaller instance pool). At least in the first hypothesis you at least get different bosses & different loot (and, while not that noticeable, a slightly different layout and atmosphpere).
    The more you increase the number of days, the more this effect amplifies.

Another advantage of the TBC system was that they could vary difficulty between all those dungeons to a higher degree.

2) If I remember right, when designing dungeons for TBC they debated between the BRD style (long, many bosses, maze-like ramifications) or the SM style (central hub with several wings, more streamlined, shorter). They went with the second because of how popular SM was in Classic and how painful BRD used to be (yes, even if you enjoyed it, it was a pain to finish).
    From that, we went to shorter dungeons in general (Wrath), to less important and fewer dungeons in general (Cata) and now to only a handful of short, streamlined, facerollable, barely-meaningful-at-end-level pieces of garbage. 5mans were my favourite content in WoW and nowadays even I find them nothing more than a chore and would rather just sit in a city playing bejeweled.