Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    Thoughts? WoD has a tremendous amount of other features that TBC completely lacked.

Though considering your avatar, it's hard to take your "complaint" seriously.

Any content that isn't endgame won't be used to its fullest, is transient. Dungeons were endgame content in TBC. Many people never raided past Karazhan. That changed in Lich King with the introduction of relatively easy 10man content, and then changed bigtime in Cataclysm with LFR.

I enjoy 5man content, and would love to see challenging dungeons with worthy endgame rewards that aren't all time-restricted like current challenge modes. But those aren't what they're doing; WoD dungeons will be somewhere between LK and TBC in difficulty, and as such, won't be meaningful in the endgame.

That's why they're focusing more effort on raids. With flex and LFR, everybody can consume that content.

If you like the burning crusade so much level up to 70 stop exp gain and just stay there no one is making you go to northrend cata pandaria.

Couldn't care less. Dungeons are something I complete once to see content, the rest to upgrade questing gear and then they're a tool for leveling alts/grinding JP. I see no reason for 15 dungeons when we'll have Flex raiding, the new matchmaking system (that they're copying from OQ), LFR, Mythic raids + Garrisons and world content. And of course I want the dungeons to have Challenge mode achis with a mount reward + mogg set.

HOWEVER, as the tiers are rolled out I wouldn't mind seeing dungeons added that go with the storyline of the patch. I loved the ICC dungeons and still remember the feeling of completing them all with friends and finally entering Halls of Reflection and seeing the Lich King!...I digress. I would like it if they keep adding new dungeons, BUT NOT at the cost of raid and world content.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    If you like the burning crusade so much level up to 70 stop exp gain and just stay there no one is making you go to northrend cata pandaria.
    BC content isn't the same anymore, there's been tons of nerfs, tons of new spells/classes/races. It's just a different game.

It has alot to do with the rewards. People ran the cata dungeons forever and ever for 2 reasons. badges and gear.
    Badges had the fun of changing every patch, so you kept running it over and over for the most current gear. Also the dungeon dropped ivll200 epic. Plus they could be farmed for honor and mounts. So there was a ton of reward for doing them even with max level raiders, you could always use those 2 badges of current content so you can buy gear that much easier. Wraith did alot right, from the tiered gear levels, to the easy accessability of relevent 5 man content, to new BGs, a central city with portals...lots of stuff. It's really sad that dugneons are now basically obsolete, that does not leave very much end game for casuals at all (like me). LFR for 6 months to a year (the length of time for a patch) No thanks.

You cannot lose millions of subscribers and continue to develop content like you did in the past. Besides why would blizzard go back to developing unique content when they have already sold everybody on one size fits all. Their new philosophy in MOP is let's just design one instance for everybody.

They did the same thing in Diablo 3. Most game you see new content until your max level. In diablo you just had to do the same thing over and over. Although I could go to level 50, new content ended at level 24.

Somehow blizzard sold their playbase that LFR SoO is different content than flex SoO. It is masterful if you think.

Raids have raid lockouts so you are gated how fast you can get gear. Dungeons are undated therefore they are uncontrolled and deemed not cost effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Apart from CMs, who cares about dungeons?
    Prior to mop I grinded dungeons and did pvp. Both of those sucked in mop. No dungeons and pvp gear gutted to lower than trash greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    like they did this expansion? oh wait they didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I agree with you. We will not see anymore dungeons, but we may get some new bunny rabbit attacks for our pets. That I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Pretty sure they said no new dungeons in mop was a mistake and they want to put more in going forward.

So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    You asked to do the math.... Here I go....

TBC: Classic + TBC = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)
    ~
    WoD: Classic + TBC + WotLK + Cata + Mists + WoD = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)

Any further questions?
    The amount of content available constantly increases, and grows to a huge pile of content total.
    It's a personal problem if you declare former content as magically non-existent as soon as a new expansion gets released.
    But there are heaps of players who don't discard older content at all, and they have an advantage over you right there.
    The game is what it is with all it's components available, not just those fractions of new content.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You asked to do the math.... Here I go....

TBC: Classic + TBC = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)
    ~
    WoD: Classic + TBC + WotLK + Cata + Mists + WoD = Total amount of Dungeons (5 man and raids)

Any further questions?
    The amount of content available constantly increases, and grows to a huge pile of content total.
    It's a personal problem if you declare former content as magically non-existent as soon as a new expansion gets released.
    But there are heaps of players who don't discard older content at all, and they have an advantage over you right there.
    The game is what it is with all it's components available, not just those fractions of new content.
    Your point would be more valid if your gear and level adjusted to the older content like it does in other games. If I go to a rift dungeon my level is decreased to that dungeon level. So ya I'm some games dungeons stay relevant. Wow is not one of those games.

As long as they keep adding dungeons over the course of the expansion i don't mind how many there are at launch.

How many scenarios or challenge modes did BC have?

Thoughts? I can't wait for WoD to launch, whether it be with 15 or 8 new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    No. The difference between Wrath dungeons (at the end, not at launch) and MOP dungeons is that MOP dungeons can (and still frequently do) stop/kill people for not paying attention or knowing how to play. Wrath dungeons, even for newly achieved lvl 80 characters, provided zero threat of failure or challenge at any point.
    I remember plenty of people crying about how difficult Halls of Reflection was.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    I also remember no LFR or Flex for Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, Zul'Aman or Sunwell.
    The community doesn't use 5 mans as gear progression like we use to. So there is no need for 10+ 5 mans
    at the start of an expansion with others released throughout the life the expansion.Would I like a return to
    the days of taking days / weeks of running dungeons gearing up to the point of being able to start raiding?
    I'm not sure honestly.
    I would, it makes the content last longer so we arent sitting around bored for 8 months waiting for the next expansion

Nope. TBC had five dungeons with different wings and MGT added on later.
    Last edited by Paladinne1; 2014-01-26 at 05:37 PM.
    [sic]

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    You act like not having varied environments was a bad thing in BC. The dungeons that had the same art style were literally in the same exact zone/area. You're not going to have Netherstorm art style in Hellfire or vice versa are you? You're not going to make indoor dungeons suddenly be outside are you? Explain what was so "rehashed" about the dungeons in BC. It was like that in vanilla WoW too. BRD, LBRS, UBRS, BWL, and MC all had relatively same art style. Why? Because they're in the same area.
    Id argue its because they were too lazy (or too cheap to hire as many graphical artists as needed) to make every dungeon with unique art

Thoughts?
    In TBC you didn't have LFR, Flex and Scenarios. Something had to go, and they chose to create less dungeons. /thread