Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i have this a millions time already-BC was wow's prime years,it was downhill after that.sure that added some nice things from wrath onwards and the game was still good.but make no mistake,BC was the hay day of wow.all we can hope for now is that wow "gets back" to that style/feel as best it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    No it was there at launch.
    No, it was not. Only Heroic version was present.

I don't know, blizzard just has some really type of special fans who ask for less. I can't think of any other game whos fans defend the company for skimping on content. It is sad.

Oh well, I guess they can't afford to put that much money into the game. It isn't like they have a sub fee, cash shop, micro transactions, and box sales to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    In TBC you didn't have LFR, Flex and Scenarios. Something had to go, and they chose to create less dungeons. /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    How many scenarios or challenge modes did BC have?
    Challenge modes are the same content as dungeons. LFR and Flex are the same content. Both dungeons and raids are made by the same team up until now. Scenarios is the only new feature and is developed by the questing team. What you mentioned are features with only one of them being responsible for a new source of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    No. The difference between Wrath dungeons (at the end, not at launch) and MOP dungeons is that MOP dungeons can (and still frequently do) stop/kill people for not paying attention or knowing how to play. Wrath dungeons, even for newly achieved lvl 80 characters, provided zero threat of failure or challenge at any point.
    There was a few WotLK heroics that even at the end of the expansion could wipe some groups due to knowing how to pull and having what would be an appropriately geared tank at the time. MoP heroics from launch didnt need a tank and in cases was easy with a monk tank and no healer for more DPS including shadowpan monastery. MoP heroics are more like WotLK normals at launch and even then a few normals would push preformed groups shit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    Nope. TBC had five dungeons with different wings and MGT added on later.
    I guess I understand now the kind of players Blizzard is talking about who complain when dungeons are not fully unique in art which in turn means the developers have to put in far more resources to make them that the developers didnt find them cost effective.

Personally rehashed zone art is better than no dungeon. Well as long as its not a single room dungeon like ToC.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-26 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Challenge modes are the same content as dungeons. LFR and Flex are the same content. Both dungeons and raids are made by the same team up until now. Scenarios is the only new feature and is developed by the questing team. What you mentioned are features with only one of them being responsible for a new source of content.

There was a few WotLK heroics that even at the end of the expansion could wipe some groups due to knowing how to pull and having what would be an appropriately geared tank at the time. MoP heroics from launch didnt need a tank and in cases was easy with a monk tank and no healer for more DPS including shadowpan monastery. MoP heroics are more like WotLK normals at launch and even then a few normals would push preformed groups shit in.

I guess I understand now the kind of players Blizzard is talking about who complain when dungeons are not fully unique in art which in turn means the developers have to put in far more resources to make them that the developers didnt find them cost effective.

Personally rehashed zone art is better than no dungeon. Well as long as its not a single room dungeon like ToC.
    I agree about BC heroics. SUre, blood furnace, ramparts and shattered halls had a 'similar' feel to be but they didn't feel like rehashed content, and the three had their own flavor. Yes ther was generally a common thread tying them all together but they didn't feel recycled to me. That said, I don't think we need that many five mans at launch anymore with raiding being more accessable but I disagree with the sentiment of 'there were only really five bc dungeons at launch.'

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    LOL at varied environments. The 15 dungeons had like 5 or 6 environments at best. Everything else was rehashed. They said 6 new dungeons and 2 old remade. They also said they will be adding more in the expansion soo. If they only add 2 new ones thats still more dungeons than MoP had.

They are adding 8 dungeons with WoD. 6 new ones and 2 remade ones. Its annoying me that people keep saying random numbers like. only 5 dungeons only 6 dungeons etc. Its 8!!
    Rehashed environments or not, most of the dungeons in TBC were really good in my opinion. They had cool stories to them, the bosses were varied and there was still a good amount stuff that set them apart. There were a few I didn't enjoy at all such as Auchenai Crypts and Steam Vaults (and also Ramps after like 100 runs), but the others were fantastic. I even found running Mechanar once every day to be enjoyable.

I really think that design model worked, having dungeons with 3 or 4 wings.

EDIT: Having said that, I didn't enjoy the MoP dungeons at all. Jade Temple was probably the only one I liked.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-01-26 at 06:55 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

If Blizzard keep losing boatload of subs, they might be wondering that they shoud've made some more 5-mans. Sure it has stuff like scenario's and challenge modes that now come along aswell, but scenario's are way too easy steamroll fests that isn't rewarding and gets old too fast, while challenge modes are just speed runs that doesn't reward that great either. Imo just not worth the time to bother with challenge modes. The actual feel of progression gets killed off when they removed the need to farm gear from 5-mans, they tried to replace it with scenario's and LFR but ultimately they just get borefests because they're way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    Just like with MoP right? They said the reason for fewer launch dungeons was to spread the rest out over the expansion. Blizzard flat out lies... as long as they get your money, they don't give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Cata dungeons absolutely did have cc before the nerfs. If you didn't you died.
    i didnt say catas instances didnt have...it was dificult and cc thing but...not that much cc as u think there was

What's silly is that the mobs don't pull when you CC mobs near them now...how much more carebear can you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    What's silly is that the mobs don't pull when you CC mobs near them now...how much more carebear can you get?
    They made a bunch of ridiculous and unnecessary changes to the way mob mechanics and dungeons work to appease the entitled crowd who just wanted quick dungeon runs.

Blizzard will never be the same company making quality games again, and WoD will attempt to recapture some of their lost audience, but I think its too little too late.

People are just thinking of this expansion as a large patch that you have to pay for, as another attempt for blizzard to milk the customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They made a bunch of ridiculous and unnecessary changes to the way mob mechanics and dungeons work to appease the entitled crowd who just wanted quick dungeon runs.

Blizzard will never be the same company making quality games again, and WoD will attempt to recapture some of their lost audience, but I think its too little too late.

People are just thinking of this expansion as a large patch that you have to pay for, as another attempt for blizzard to milk the customer base.
    Jaylock - in touch with the common man in ways that the common man is not.

That's honestly where I'm at anymore.

I look at Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls and all I see is a glorified content patch that's going to charge people $40. A lot of the features in that game should have been added a long time ago and the fact that it took them a whole freaking year to implement the changes they have is just baffling to me. What they have all 70 of their developers working on puzzles me..

Warlords of Draenor - "Garrisons" is basically a long term MoP Farm. They're going to gate the entire thing through the whole expansion so that people have a reason to stay subscribed (Legendary Cloak anyone?)

I'm getting mixed feelings about WoD. They promise they want to bring back the challenge many players feel is gone, but now they're making the game even easier.

Level 90s Galore - Why level if you're a brand new player when you can just open up that wallet! Cha ching!
    Teritary Stats - They made a long blog about this, but it's basically a way of saying, "yes.. we know people are dumb and are too lazy to open up AskMrRobot, so we'll just make it even easier." Or their excuse which is "Well, people were just reforging to the same blah blah blah."
    Adventure Guide - From what I've heard.. this will help tell you where to level. I guess putting the Levels on the map and the Calls to Arms (whatever it's called) board simply wasn't enough and people had no idea where to go. Plus, the linear questing system makes it nearly impossible to screw up, to the point where leveling is a joke and tedious.

At this point, the official WoW forums is mostly full of people who get fully erect at the thought of them adding more in-game shop content such as pets/mounts and some of them even request more stuff to be in the store.

As far as I'm concerned, there's a huge lack of real gamers playing the MMO market these days and the companies are ran by investors rather than true nerds like Morhaime. Maybe Morhaime truly just doesn't give a flying rats ass anymore and he just bends over for his Activi$ion overlords.

Honestly, I'm scared to see what the future of WoW will look like in 2 years. Will raid gear start being sold? Will Heroic runs be sold, as you stand in and a bunch of highly skilled bots do the run for you? I know people think the idea of them selling anything other than cosmetics are preposterous.. but I don't consider skipping level 1-90 as cosmetic at all. I've heard rumors about upcoming features they're going to sell.

TLDR - It's sad to see how far this mighty giant has fallen. As far as I'm concerned.. Blizzard Entertainment is the new Electronic Arts.

I just cling on to news to see what's coming up and I might browse some forum posts once in a while. The magic for me is long gone and Blizzard is now just a milking machine.

/out

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    I don't know, blizzard just has some really type of special fans who ask for less. I can't think of any other game whos fans defend the company for skimping on content. It is sad.

Oh well, I guess they can't afford to put that much money into the game. It isn't like they have a sub fee, cash shop, micro transactions, and box sales to fund it.
    Well, they do still have to finish Bobby Kotick's collection of olympic-sized swimming pools filled with cash.
    Since 9/11 the NSA has spent at least $70,000,000,000 while lying about their own effectiveness. Even if we sweep aside the extensive lawbreaking, ethical problems, economic damage, and abuse of power, the fact remains that the NSA makes us all less secure, running useless mass surveillance, with a handful of successes in other questionably legal programs.

why the big fuss bro dungeons dont say relative long enough to get so worked up about it

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Just like with MoP right? They said the reason for fewer launch dungeons was to spread the rest out over the expansion. Blizzard flat out lies... as long as they get your money, they don't give a crap.
    I don't recall them ever saying more dungeons would be added in MoP. Again I could be wrong so if you have them saying that like they have for WoD please post it.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

I haven't had a problem with anything blizzard does. I will also keep paying a subscription and buy the expansion without hesitation as its something I enjoy. Blizzard is great in my book, I'm sorry you guys feel so screwed but to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    why the big fuss bro dungeons dont say relative long enough to get so worked up about it
    I guess the real issue here is to point out that Blizzards playerbase and die hard fanbois who defend each and every decision made by blizzard are all willing to accept less content for each new expansion. Blizzard has effectively trained you to not expect many dungeons, and has told you, you should be happy with our company now that you can do a watered down easy mode version of our raid encounters.

Its quite sad, and i'm all in aggreance with KBWarriors.

Its really quite funny as well to see people actually defend 5 dungeons and 2 rehashes as great and quality work by the developers. Even IF the two rehashed dungeons are completely different with lore, and doodads and monsters, the fact remains they started with an already completed dungeon as their groundwork to give as "new and exciting content."

At least with dungeon wings like SSC, and TK, and Hellfire, there are completely different dungeon layouts, different environments with similar tone (obviously because of the environment in which the dungeon theme takes place)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I haven't had a problem with anything blizzard does. I will also keep paying a subscription and buy the expansion without hesitation as its something I enjoy. Blizzard is great in my book, I'm sorry you guys feel so screwed but to each their own I guess.
    When did you start playing WoW?

I guess the real issue here is to point out that Blizzards playerbase and die hard fanbois who defend each and every decision made by blizzard are all willing to accept less content for each new expansion. Blizzard has effectively trained you to not expect many dungeons, and has told you, you should be happy with our company now that you can do a watered down easy mode version of our raid encounters.

Its quite sad, and i'm all in aggreance with KBWarriors.

Its really quite funny as well to see people actually defend 5 dungeons and 2 rehashes as great and quality work by the developers. Even IF the two rehashed dungeons are completely different with lore, and doodads and monsters, the fact remains they started with an already completed dungeon as their groundwork to give as "new and exciting content."

At least with dungeon wings like SSC, and TK, and Hellfire, there are completely different dungeon layouts, different environments with similar tone (obviously because of the environment in which the dungeon theme takes place)

- - - Updated - - -

When did you start playing WoW?
    I bought Burning Crusade when it was released (well the first week of release anyway) and have never been unsubscribed since. I have raided every tier as well since that time.

So what does that make you?

So Blizzard are releasing less than dungeons at launch than previous XP. And that equate to less content to you. You may consider dungeons and raid to be the only contents worth considering but not everyone sees it that way.