Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
LastLast
  1. #461
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

    Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

    I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

    WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

    Thoughts?
    Not everyone cares for 5-man dungeons you know. So they try to do a lot of stuff for broad audience of players.

    Also while really the same they have lower versions pre 100, then 100 lvl version then heroic version of them and also challenge mode. It does require tuning and other things.

    I am not really bothered. I am more interested in quality. 5 or 15. You do each once or twice and it bores you after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    This is what a blizz blue said about charge and also they are putting pummel and disrupting shout on the same DR seriously blizzard its hard enough as a warrior to beat casters [...]
    in patch 5.4...

  2. #462
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,396
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    There's seven new dungeons. The new one is apparently a boat dock (at first I thought it was the train depot, but that was one of the original ones revealed).
    Oh okay. I hope you are right. 8 dungeons is acceptable at launch, as long as they add a few more later.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  3. #463
    High Overlord Puuhis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    152
    The detail and effort they put into Pandaria dungeons and most likely will be putting into the WoD ones greatly diminishes the low quality BC ones in my opinion. Most of the areas with 2-4 dungeons could've easily been just single dungeons, they just had different layouts for each of them with the same models, textures and design. The endgame has also shifted a lot since BC from dungeons/reputations into a lot more accessible raiding.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I really love Jaylock threads.

    Imo quality > quantity. But im a bit sceptical as MOP dungeons were awefull.
    Which is even weirder because the 5 man dungeon content has been in steep decline for long while now...
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  5. #465
    Why are we posting in a 4 (edit: derp) month old thread?

    BC dungeons were low-texture messes and had barely any mechanics and shared assets/themes. Of course simple minds only look at numbers. But there were so many bosses amirite? Let's add another upscaled blood elf talking about magic, occasionally casting a fireball.

    Problem with MoP/WoD dungeons is that Blizzard spend waaaaayyyyyyyy too much time iterating each one. Players blaze through them regardless of how much production went into each. That's the only credit I'm going to give BC dungeons. Winged dungeon hubs offer a lot of bang for the buck.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-05-26 at 12:31 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Why are we posting in a 5 month old thread?

    BC dungeons were low-texture messes and had barely any mechanics and shared assets/themes. Of course simple minds only look at numbers. But there were so many bosses amirite? Let's add another upscaled blood elf talking about magic, occasionally casting a fireball.

    Problem with MoP/WoD dungeons is that Blizzard spend waaaaayyyyyyyy too much time iterating each one. Players blaze through them regardless of how much production went into each. That's the only credit I'm going to give BC dungeons. Winged dungeon hubs offer a lot of bang for the buck.
    because anaxie wanted to tell some1 he sucked a math. and that why he necroed this topic. yea well done anaxie....

  7. #467
    First of all, MMOC should - if they don't already - pay you. Forum would be even dead-er without you and you sure generate a few clicks as well. Best part however is this astute analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoD looks beautiful.
    Compared to what exactly? I've seen better textures in a millenium past and some of the rehashed TBC surroundings look actually worse than Garadar looked seven years ago.

    And on topic. Yes, the upcoming expansion's creative direction is questionable, the quality of new stuff is and - surprisingly - the quantity as well. Lack of dungeons is just one example. As always YMMV.

  8. #468
    Less 5 man dungeon content at level cap does not mean less content overall.

    Just compare endgame options for TBC as opposed to MoP and possibly WoD.

  9. #469
    I keep failing to see the point of this threads.

    Don't like it, don't buy it.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Oh no! How will I ever survive with less 5 man dungeons!?
    I don't know, let's remove the first raid tier and find out.

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Not everyone cares for 5-man dungeons you know. So they try to do a lot of stuff for broad audience of players.

    Also while really the same they have lower versions pre 100, then 100 lvl version then heroic version of them and also challenge mode. It does require tuning and other things.

    I am not really bothered. I am more interested in quality. 5 or 15. You do each once or twice and it bores you after that.
    Hey everyone, everyone will care about garrisons so lets make that instead of more dungeons.
    Hey everyone, only 5% of people see heroic encounters, lets remove everything past normal.

    Also lets not forget that your opinion is the opinion for the "broad audience of wow players."
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  12. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Why are we posting in a 4 (edit: derp) month old thread?

    BC dungeons were low-texture messes and had barely any mechanics and shared assets/themes. Of course simple minds only look at numbers. But there were so many bosses amirite? Let's add another upscaled blood elf talking about magic, occasionally casting a fireball.

    Problem with MoP/WoD dungeons is that Blizzard spend waaaaayyyyyyyy too much time iterating each one. Players blaze through them regardless of how much production went into each. That's the only credit I'm going to give BC dungeons. Winged dungeon hubs offer a lot of bang for the buck.
    TBC 5 mans were some of the most varied and exciting 5 man dungeons this game has ever had. Yes, there were dungeon hubs, and yes they had similar themes, but thats common sense because they were in the same location. Similar themes does not mean same art assets, or same dungeon. I would rather have 15 brand new dungeons that some share similar themes than 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashes from vanilla wow.

    And how do you know how much time they spend "iterating" on each dungeon? Do you work for their development team?
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  13. #473
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    TBC 5 mans were some of the most varied and exciting 5 man dungeons this game has ever had. Yes, there were dungeon hubs, and yes they had similar themes, but thats common sense because they were in the same location. Similar themes does not mean same art assets, or same dungeon. I would rather have 15 brand new dungeons that some share similar themes than 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashes from vanilla wow.

    And how do you know how much time they spend "iterating" on each dungeon? Do you work for their development team?
    Are you stupid or just pretending to be? There's SEVEN new dungeons and ONE rehash. And even without any knowledge on those new dungeons they're already far more superior than majority of TBC Dungeons.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  14. #474
    I'd rather have less dungeons and more raid.

  15. #475
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Are you stupid or just pretending to be? There's SEVEN new dungeons and ONE rehash. And even without any knowledge on those new dungeons they're already far more superior than majority of TBC Dungeons.
    6 new dungeons and 1 rehash. Also, I agree with the thread. I rather have dungeons back to similar hubs and the whole shindig with the actual use of the summoning stone. Makes it more immersive imho.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW, Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion and Dark Souls 2.

  16. #476
    WoW Community (especially MMO-Champion):

    Casual: "Blizzard, please enforce Dungeons! We hate scenarios! I'm unsubbing if we don't get dungeons in Patch 5.2/5.3/5.4!"

    *WOD Announced, 7 Dungeons, less than WOTLK/TBC Expansions*

    Casual: "7 is fine guys"

  17. #477
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Are you stupid or just pretending to be? There's SEVEN new dungeons and ONE rehash. And even without any knowledge on those new dungeons they're already far more superior than majority of TBC Dungeons.
    How do you know?

    MoP managed to only make a few dungeons and they were largely awful. Definitely not anything as memorable or fun as say Shadow Labs or Old Hillsbrad

  18. #478
    I must be missing something because I generally have no love for dungeons. I queue up, go in, kill stuff, get gear - do I still need more gear? If so, repeat. If not, rejoice that you can move on.

    Very few of these dungeons even have anything interesting about them, the three Dragon Soul instances were the only ones I can remember as being actually engaging. I wouldn't even be able to associate names, pictures, or bosses with more than half the dungeons in BC because they had no purpose that I could tell besides clearing for loot.

    And most of them were in the same spots so they all looked the same - Hellfire, Tempest, Terrokar, Steamvault... not really hard to make 15 dungeons when they're clumped up in groups of 3 or 4 and share the same building, with identical appearances and mobs.

    So only 7 or 8 in WoD? Math sounds great to me!

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post

    I wouldn't even be able to associate names, pictures, or bosses with more than half the dungeons in BC because they had no purpose that I could tell besides clearing for loot.
    yeah sorry but you're full of it

    each heroic dungeon in BC was the same dungeon you did through the leveling process. if you can't remember bosses in ramparts then wow.

  20. #480
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I must be missing something because I generally have no love for dungeons. I queue up, go in, kill stuff, get gear - do I still need more gear? If so, repeat. If not, rejoice that you can move on.

    Very few of these dungeons even have anything interesting about them, the three Dragon Soul instances were the only ones I can remember as being actually engaging. I wouldn't even be able to associate names, pictures, or bosses with more than half the dungeons in BC because they had no purpose that I could tell besides clearing for loot.

    And most of them were in the same spots so they all looked the same - Hellfire, Tempest, Terrokar, Steamvault... not really hard to make 15 dungeons when they're clumped up in groups of 3 or 4 and share the same building, with identical appearances and mobs.

    So only 7 or 8 in WoD? Math sounds great to me!
    You've just described most PvE encounters in every MMO ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •