Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You would think people would ask for more and better content instead of collectively making excuses on behalf the developer why just as much, just as bad, less or worse is perfectly fine like some sort of groupie fandom. Especially after Blizzard released no content for months and raised the price of the expansion.
    Well the majority of the people playing wow and posting on forums are mostly uninformed idiots. I mean in what other universe can a company sell less content for more money?

WoD recap:
    recolored/rehashed zones and dungeons
    garrisons = farm 2.0
    $49.99 price tag.

I'd bet that WoD sells half the copies that MoP did.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Well the majority of the people playing wow and posting on forums are mostly uninformed idiots. I mean in what other universe can a company sell less content for more money?

WoD recap:
    recolored/rehashed zones and dungeons
    garrisons = farm 2.0
    $49.99 price tag.

I'd bet that WoD sells half the copies that MoP did.
    Well the numbers prolly get fudged since they always count the Asian accounts, and they don't really have to buy the expansions over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well if were talking content, Cataclysm had by far the most "content" but is generally know as one of the worst expansion. Perhaps quality over quantity?
    Then take time and define quality content? Then consider this, why is it do we as a consumer have to settle with one or the other in terms of quality and quantity. Why can there not be a middleground in terms of being able to push quality content in an amount that is acceptable to a general consumer base?

This is the disconnect. WoD on a consistent level is "the redux" expansion. Redoing how cc works, redoing how mobility is played in the caster/healer role, redoing subsystems and removing archaic things like hit and exp and bringing in a more refined system base. Is that a lot of work, or is that a few key presses an unpaid intern could do?

Take for example flying, they say it's better to remove flying to enhance the narrative to the game rather than offer a world with 3 dimensions to offer a full range of exploring. Is this Blizzard being lazy with art and landscape development, or is this Blizzard actually giving a damn about their story?

Another example, garrisons. On the one hand they are visitable, placeable, semi modular set of structures in the world, but on the other they are (as most recent posts have confirmed) completely stationary, have no customization beyond building placement and offer no real player expression beyond "I have a blacksmith AND a mine and I put them RIGHT next to each other.". Is this Blizzard trying to combat the rise of housing services that many other mmo's are selling themselves on, or is this something else entirely? A whole new way to progress your character without needing to grind?

There are multiple ways to look at these topics, and I have defined two of them in each topic. One could say one is outlandish, while another could argue a different point entirely. The point is, at the end of the day, the only thing Blizzard truly cares about beyond pleasing their profit mongering board of investors, is trying to assure the consumer base that their best interest is in the consumer, even if never making a promise yet always coming short is a common theme. That's business 101.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Then take time and define quality content? Then consider this, why is it do we as a consumer have to settle with one or the other in terms of quality and quantity. Why can there not be a middleground in terms of being able to push quality content in an amount that is acceptable to a general consumer base?
    You get that not even half the population of wow has killed garrosh on LFR right? On my server, every guild is still progressing, except one who killed garrosh on heroic, but they are getting ready for mythic, and so they are working on getting their team 2 running. The generall consumer base hasn't yet used up the content, and there is really many ways of showing this.

Blizzard gives you quality and quantity at a verifiable level. Maybe it isn't fast enough for you, or good enough for you. Then complain, quit, do whatever you want, but don't tell me you're only getting quality or quantity. There is both. Plenty of both. More than enough. If your opinion is that it isn't enough, I propose you go call Blizzard and explain this to them, and see if you can get your money back. Good luck to you. (Obviously you really are just saying you want faster content, I get it.)

This is the disconnect. WoD on a consistent level is "the redux" expansion. Redoing how cc works, redoing how mobility is played in the caster/healer role, redoing subsystems and removing archaic things like hit and exp and bringing in a more refined system base. Is that a lot of work, or is that a few key presses an unpaid intern could do?
    Disgusting. An unpaid intern couldn't do stat squish. The people that code that engine, they are the only ones in the world who know it, it is proprietary, and they have been working on it for 15 years. The thought that an intern could do all of stat squish could only come from the mind of someone rationalizing their own reasons for wanting more content. Beautiful minds you all have.

Take for example flying, they say it's better to remove flying to enhance the narrative to the game rather than offer a world with 3 dimensions to offer a full range of exploring. Is this Blizzard being lazy with art and landscape development, or is this Blizzard actually giving a damn about their story?
    Well, we know that you don't really care about wow's quality, so someone has to care about it. Funny that you can't figure out who is on your side.

Another example, garrisons. On the one hand they are visitable, placeable, semi modular set of structures in the world, but on the other they are (as most recent posts have confirmed) completely stationary, have no customization beyond building placement and offer no real player expression beyond "I have a blacksmith AND a mine and I put them RIGHT next to each other.". Is this Blizzard trying to combat the rise of housing services that many other mmo's are selling themselves on, or is this something else entirely? A whole new way to progress your character without needing to grind?
    They practically invented the multiplayer strategy game, with Warcraft 1, it was a copy of Dune in a way, but Dune was single player. Warcraft was multiplayer, and had things like selecting groups of units, no other game had that. What they want to do is put a little of the strategy genre into their MMO. Hard to understand? No. Player housing? No. Garrisons will be probably be fun, at least for anyone who liked the farmville aspect of MOP.

There are multiple ways to look at these topics, and I have defined two of them in each topic. One could say one is outlandish, while another could argue a different point entirely. The point is, at the end of the day, the only thing Blizzard truly cares about beyond pleasing their profit mongering board of investors, is trying to assure the consumer base that their best interest is in the consumer, even if never making a promise yet always coming short is a common theme. That's business 101.
    If they always made a promise and came up short, how do they have the most popular mmo, best selling game of 2012, and the most pirated game in the history of torrents? You really think they trick people into playing video games? Candy crack says hello.

Reduce-bag clutter and button bloat
    Reuse-the golden age of warcraft 1 and 2
    Recycle-Patchwerk wut lol

Have you played the alpha or are you just making doom and gloom predictions because personal reasons?
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-05-28 at 12:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Dungeons are means to an end, and very short-lived at that. After 5.2 I rarely saw anyone running heroics.
    Maybe for you they are. Some people actually enjoy the 5 man environment.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    Why do people get confused by this?

Cata and MoP had just as much leveling as Wrath and TBC, just in half the levels. The levels were twice as 'long'.
    No...no they weren't. That is what they told us and wanted us to believe so they could get away with less leveling content. I can tell you from personal experience I lvl capped faster during the 5 lvl xpacs than I did with the 10 lvl ones. It wasn't twice as fast, but it was definitely faster. Hell I even specifically remember hitting 81 and 82 and thinking I never would have hit 2 and 4 more lvls respectively in that amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to point out if it wasn't that some Burning Crusade dungeons where already made into Vanilla alpha or during the vanilla timeline. proof?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    No...no they weren't. That is what they told us and wanted us to believe so they could get away with less leveling content. I can tell you from personal experience I lvl capped faster during the 5 lvl xpacs than I did with the 10 lvl ones. It wasn't twice as fast, but it was definitely faster. Hell I even specifically remember hitting 81 and 82 and thinking I never would have hit 2 and 4 more lvls respectively in that amount of time.
    This is what morhaime said at the time of CAT:
    "We've gotten a lot of feedback from players that don't necessarily like it when an expansion comes out and they feel that they have to level up to the new max level as quickly as possible and then go back to their endgame activities. There are players out there who enjoy the level up experience, but by no means is it all of our players."

The decision all comes down to the goals of the expansion. With a brand new 1-60 experience on hand, the team really didn't need to put the endgame that much further out of reach for the influx of new Goblin and Worgen characters.

"In this case, we're trying to better balance the time and development effort we put into the different areas of the game. We're trying to make sure we get a little bit more endgame content while still appeasing the level up crowd with five more levels."
    Now with level 90 boost, and no new classes and races, they feel that more leveling will be what the players want. That is why they are doing it. Honestly I'm not so sure they are right, because I'm one of those people who doesn't like questing for long periods, been done and so boring. Things can change though. I will wait and see.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-05-28 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    This is what morhaime said at the time of CAT:

Now with level 90 boost, and no new classes and races, they feel that more leveling will be what the players want. That is why they are doing it.
    That wasn't what I was referring to... When Cata was in beta there were several threads addressing the concern that we were only getting 5 lvls instead of 10 and multiple times the blues stated it was twice the experience with 5 so it would still feel like 10.

It wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    That wasn't what I was referring to... When Cata was in beta there were several threads addressing the concern that we were only getting 5 lvls instead of 10 and multiple times the blues stated it was twice the experience with 5 so it would still feel like 10.

It wasn't.
    Well, technically there was some truth to it. Look at the original XP you had to get to level when CAT first came out, it shows that they did increase the total amount to level, but then they nerfed it later because people actually complained it took too long. Also they buffed all mob health so it took longer to kill things. But also they added things like xp for mining and herbing, xp for arch, and even leveling through pvp. Eventually as time went on, because of that need to get alts to 85, it became the easiest expansion to level through. But to dismiss the fact that they actually did balance it to make it so 80-81 took about as many XP points as 80-82 would have... that would be a mistake. They did do that.

Here is my actual experience: BC took me 1 week to level through, all questing. WOTLK took me 3 days to level through, we ran mostly dungeons. Cataclysm took me 3 days to level through, but I mined my way to 82 the first day. This was all in the first week of release, not from after it was nerfed later or something. I'm not the fastest leveler, but I'm not the slowest either.

Also: MOP was only 5 levels but took me 4 days, which surprised me, it seemed to me that they realized that leveling in CAT ended up being too fast.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-05-28 at 01:58 AM.