Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do believe they said they would be adding some later, since the playerbase was a bit upset that there were no added dungeons in MoP. I could be wrong though
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath...
    Why do people get confused by this?

Cata and MoP had just as much leveling as Wrath and TBC, just in half the levels. The levels were twice as 'long'.

Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    Why do people get confused by this?

Cata and MoP had just as much leveling as Wrath and TBC, just in half the levels. The levels were twice as 'long'.
    And yet TBC had twice the amount of dungeons... seems fitting though for Blizzards lack of effort. This is as cookie cutter MMO as you can get with the direction they have been moving with pandaria.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

I'd really choose 7 dungeons over 15 dungeons. Some might ask me why and I'll tell you exactly why.

First of all, the 5man dungeon content (for me and for many others) lasts for a few days at most. I plan to farm my pre-raid gear as fast as possible and after that 5mans to me are something I rarely get into. Second reason for choosing only 7 dungeons over 15 has to do with gearing up aswell. If there's a single item in one dungeon you really really want and it doesn't drop from the daily specific queue dungeon, going on a random heroic dungeon queue spree is a lot more enjoyable with just 7 dungeons than 15. Chances of getting into the one you want is higher.

I would also like to believe than focusing on just 7 dungeons allows for better content (as in better 5 mans and better raid dungeons for not having to "waste" time for a shitload of 5man dungeons).

That's just me and my opinion, I kind of see the point why some want a lot of dungeons but unfortunately I can't relate to that preference at all.
    Main: Rogue - Alt: Balance Druid

And yet TBC had twice the amount of dungeons... seems fitting though for Blizzards lack of effort. This is as cookie cutter MMO as you can get with the direction they have been moving with pandaria.
    TBC was also in development long before WoW was even released. And many of the TBC dungeons reused art assets and mobs; call it what you will, but they can do just as many dungeons now if they were willing to do the same thing (which they evidently aren't).

The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    tbh not many people care for dungeons and the fewer dungeons the faster it is to get the peices you need since they will all be crammed in there also quality over quantity plz

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They compared the difficulty to pre nerf Vortex Pinnacle.
    Vortex Pinnacle was hard?
    Dear forum users,
    I'm sorry the internet hurt your feelings.
    Love,
    -Zozobra

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    It was terrible for randoms. Most Cata dungeons were.

TBC had a lot less overall content than WoD will have. We needed a lot of dungeons back then, but we don't now. Why don't people understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    TBC had a lot less overall content than WoD will have. We needed a lot of dungeons back then, but we don't now. Why don't people understand this?
    Because people only like to look at things on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Because it's a Jaylock thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    It was when it first came out. It was promptly nerfed before most people were even ready to attempt it, from groups trying to Wrathroll through dungeon content without CCs.

OP's avatar is quite fitting.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arrod/advanced WE ZOMBIE FIRE NOW 1/7 Mythic Highmaul.

Well from what I remember, most BC patches did little to the actual game other than add new raids. With MOP they added events, more ways the play the game with LFR and FLEX, along with multiple features. My guess is that there is less dungeon content, because there is more game content now. All of the game content has to be added as well as kept up. So they are actually doing more now than in BC, it just isn't concentrated on one aspect of the game.

That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.
    Not to mention that normal and heroic had different loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Not to mention that normal and heroic had different loot tables.
    but they still had the same skins, and the PVP gear was the same as well, just different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    WoW Community (especially MMO-Champion):

Casual: "Blizzard, please enforce Dungeons! We hate scenarios! I'm unsubbing if we don't get dungeons in Patch 5.2/5.3/5.4!"

*WOD Announced, 7 Dungeons, less than WOTLK/TBC Expansions*

Casual: "7 is fine guys"
    You would think people would ask for more and better content instead of collectively making excuses on behalf the developer why just as much, just as bad, less or worse is perfectly fine like some sort of groupie fandom. Especially after Blizzard released no content for months and raised the price of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You would think people would ask for more and better content instead of collectively making excuses on behalf the developer why just as much, just as bad, less or worse is perfectly fine like some sort of groupie fandom. Especially after Blizzard released no content for months and raised the price of the expansion.
    Well the majority of the people playing wow and posting on forums are mostly uninformed idiots. I mean in what other universe can a company sell less content for more money?

WoD recap:
    recolored/rehashed zones and dungeons
    garrisons = farm 2.0
    $49.99 price tag.

I'd bet that WoD sells half the copies that MoP did.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Well the majority of the people playing wow and posting on forums are mostly uninformed idiots. I mean in what other universe can a company sell less content for more money?

WoD recap:
    garrisons = farm 2.0
    $49.99 price tag.

Well the numbers prolly get fudged since they always count the Asian accounts, and they don't really have to buy the expansions over there.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post

WoD recap:
    garrisons = farm 2.0
    $49.99 price tag.

Well if were talking content, Cataclysm had by far the most "content" but is generally know as one of the worst expansion. Perhaps quality over quantity?

Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well if were talking content, Cataclysm had by far the most "content" but is generally know as one of the worst expansion. Perhaps quality over quantity?
    Then take time and define quality content? Then consider this, why is it do we as a consumer have to settle with one or the other in terms of quality and quantity. Why can there not be a middleground in terms of being able to push quality content in an amount that is acceptable to a general consumer base?

This is the disconnect. WoD on a consistent level is "the redux" expansion. Redoing how cc works, redoing how mobility is played in the caster/healer role, redoing subsystems and removing archaic things like hit and exp and bringing in a more refined system base. Is that a lot of work, or is that a few key presses an unpaid intern could do?

Take for example flying, they say it's better to remove flying to enhance the narrative to the game rather than offer a world with 3 dimensions to offer a full range of exploring. Is this Blizzard being lazy with art and landscape development, or is this Blizzard actually giving a damn about their story?

Another example, garrisons. On the one hand they are visitable, placeable, semi modular set of structures in the world, but on the other they are (as most recent posts have confirmed) completely stationary, have no customization beyond building placement and offer no real player expression beyond "I have a blacksmith AND a mine and I put them RIGHT next to each other.". Is this Blizzard trying to combat the rise of housing services that many other mmo's are selling themselves on, or is this something else entirely? A whole new way to progress your character without needing to grind?

There are multiple ways to look at these topics, and I have defined two of them in each topic. One could say one is outlandish, while another could argue a different point entirely. The point is, at the end of the day, the only thing Blizzard truly cares about beyond pleasing their profit mongering board of investors, is trying to assure the consumer base that their best interest is in the consumer, even if never making a promise yet always coming short is a common theme. That's business 101.
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.