Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD will have 5 new 2 rehash dungeons, BC had 15 new dungeons. You do the math.

So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Hey its you again, so how many whine threads did you make again?
    Just to make you remember, development for BC was always WAY longer...

I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.

Deleted
    Someone will probably say quality > quantity, but a lot of the mop dungeons were just a piece of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at varied environments. The 15 dungeons had like 5 or 6 environments at best. Everything else was rehashed. They said 6 new dungeons and 2 old remade. They also said they will be adding more in the expansion soo. If they only add 2 new ones thats still more dungeons than MoP had.

They are adding 8 dungeons with WoD. 6 new ones and 2 remade ones. Its annoying me that people keep saying random numbers like. only 5 dungeons only 6 dungeons etc. Its 8!!
    Last edited by Chickat; 2014-01-24 at 05:01 PM.

A good portion of the BC raids/dungeons rehashed the same looks and assets while providing a few different enemies and changing the layout. Karazhan, Black Temple and Zul'Aman are arguably the only unique instances by how they look (in BC).

The majority of the dungeons in TBC used the same art assets. I'd much rather have few somewhat unique looking dungeons than alot of similar looking ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Someone will probably say quality > quantity, but a lot of the mop dungeons were just a piece of shit
    Only because they were so easy and throw away. WoD dungeons will be much harder. They compared the difficulty to pre nerf Vortex Pinnacle.

Dungeons are means to an end, and very short-lived at that. After 5.2 I rarely saw anyone running heroics.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    You mean all of them right?

I like MOP, but the dungeons are the worst in the game. At least the brewery, it tops my shit list. The others are just very bad.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    could have argued that with mop too. but look at what we got given

15+ Year Old Account
    They've been slowly decreasing the amount of dungeons we get in each expansion. Wrath had fewer than TBC (12 at release, with 4 added later on), Cata had fewer than Wrath (9 at release with 5 added later), and MOP had fewer still with just 8 new dungeons, three of which were rehashes. Dungeons just aren't considered important content anymore, sadly; it's something people just plow through for gearing for raids, maybe done once or twice while levelling to do the quests, but it's not alternate content to raiding anymore so it's falling to the wayside. Sad really, as dungeons are my favorite part of the game.

So no, it's not a lack of content overall, it's just that dungeons seem to be forcibly being made obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Dungeons are means to an end, and very short-lived at that. After 5.2 I rarely saw anyone running heroics.
    That's mainly because we didn't get any new ones, and the ones we had were always a roflstomp even at level. Had we gotten new dungeons with new gear as a catch-up instead of Timeless Isle, people would run them. If they made dungeons that actually made you pay attention (think Flex raid difficulty) people who like small groups would run them instead of raid. But since raiding is so accessible now, the playerbase as a whole seems to think having to create five mans for non raiders is moot, that five-mans are now solely for capping valor and only for gearing at the start of an expansion.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-01-24 at 03:26 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Only because they were so easy and throw away. WoD dungeons will be much harder. They compared the difficulty to pre nerf Vortex Pinnacle.
    Yes but no. Heroic is being rejigged to prenerf Vortex Pinnacle, but the current Heroic difficulty will live on as a level 100 Normal version of each dungeon. And I'm pretty sure Heroic will require a premade group a la Heroic Scenarios.

More clarification: The idea seems to be that you go from 100 Normal > LFR > Normal+ if you're so inclined, or you can sidestep LFR with Heroic 5-mans.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    please the auctioneers > playerbase

Deleted
    I can't call BC dungeons all unique since big part of them were very simmilar, like wings of one raid instance. Raparts, blood furnance, shattered halls etc. so it's more like 6-7 unique environments. Also don't forget about scenarios and fact that there are way more things to do even for casual player outside instances. From first impression it's indeed feels too little but after if you think a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Hey its you again, so how many whine threads did you make again?
    Just to make you remember, development for BC was always WAY longer...
    Thing is though, to a point he's quite right. Yes, TBC development was way longer (though... who knows how long they've been working on WoD...?). While, yes, they are adding more content in patches (which is a good way to go) it's still a BIT weak that they can't add a LITTLE more flavour to go with a new expansion.

Totally understand the business case - minimum needed to forgo x% of complaints about it but still... 5 is a pretty small number of 5 mans to ship with.

I'm pretty neutral on the love/hate of Blizz, so there will be plenty of opinions on the matter from those towards either end of the scale but 5... it's a time travel expansion, ideas can't really be too short, pretty much anything COULD fit. 10 seems a much better figure. If the team is so much larger as we are being told then the usual reply of "we don't have resources, we can't hire just anyone" etc don't really wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Not only that but they're the buggiest of any dungeons i did. MoP is the first time through my many years of playing where I was unable to complete a dungeon due to bugs, wether it be the last boss in scarlet bugging and not ressing or someone that got locked out and caused the boss to despawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thoughts?
    I think you're trying too hard. Perhaps you need a break to consider new ways of participating that you might enjoy better.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that matters is if they are fun or not. If there is enough in WoD to keep me entertained then I don't care how many it launches with, however I do hope they give 5-mans more love in WoD since that's probably my favourite part of the game and MoP for the most part lacked in that department.

You sound like Dudley in Hairy Potter, "but last year I had 37 presents".
    Last edited by dryankem; 2014-01-24 at 03:30 PM.