Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Only because they were so easy and throw away. WoD dungeons will be much harder. They compared the difficulty to pre nerf Vortex Pinnacle.
    wasnt vortex pinnacle like the easiest of the bunch? You make it sounds like the content will last due to difficulty... most decent player cleared all of the cata dungeons on day1 without any problems at all. doubt wod dungeons will last longer.

I don't get the 'reused art assets' thing..MOP had plenty of reused shit and still managed to way less than BC. So what of Shattered Halls looked like Magtheradons..it was fucking awesome.
    Hi Sephurik

BC didn't have Raid Finder, Flex and even normal mode raids. BC didn't have scenarios. BC didn't have challenge modes.

They just diversified the casual end game, that's all. WOD will also bring back the normal and heroic mode versions of those dungeons.

Do you really need 15 dungeons? You don't even run them after the first tier of an expansion. Their only purpose is to gear you up for raids after all.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    And the people who disagree with that SHOULDNT voice their discontent? Scenarios are god awful
    But lets be honest as the OP said, there are less dungeons than before so I think its clear that what blizzard will do mostly now is just scenarios.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    Oh yeah, you mean like all the ones that were added this expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are god awful
    God awful is what they did to Southshore, and DeadMine, and Sunken Temple. There is no logical reason for the Defias to abandon that mine and let homeless people roam freely within it. The Vanessa VanCleef storyline was horrid. Killing a worgen and a murloc instead of a real pirate like Van Cleef? Just horrible. But, this is just my opinion. There are apparently people who think it is now an awesome dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Dungeons are means to an end, and very short-lived at that. After 5.2 I rarely saw anyone running heroics.
    Exactly, and that's bad. I love 5 man content. Cata pre nerf dungeons were amazing not only due to the difficulty, but the dungeons themselves. Vortex Pinnacle, the Vashjir one, Halls of Origination, etc etc were all amazing in aesthetics, music and atmosphere. Wotlk dungeons as well.

The only good MoP dungeon is Temple of the Jade Serpent. Cant say I like TBC dungeons either tho. They're nothing special, unlike Cata ones.

Blizz says they realise the mistake they made with MoP, yet it is disappointing to see they are only adding 5 or 6 at release. I dont care for remakes.

But if they are as varied and awesome as Cata 5 mans were, I'm cool with it.

Ill also take 5 man heroic catch up content over Timeless Isle any day.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    because they made them so dumb after so many bads cried during cata at the difficulty. So hard to cc right?
    this...liked very much the CC thing in BC..aspecialy in Shattered Halls. but wrath. even cata. and ofc mists instances were boring to death

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Exactly, and that's bad. I love 5 man content. Cata pre nerf dungeons were amazing not only due to the difficulty, but the dungeons themselves. Vortex Pinnacle, the Vashjir one, Halls of Origination, etc etc were all amazing in aesthetics, music and atmosphere. Wotlk dungeons as well.

The only good MoP dungeon is Temple of the Jade Serpent. Cant say I like TBC dungeons either tho. They're nothing special, unlike Cata ones.

Blizz says they realise the mistake they made with MoP, yet it is disappointing to see they are only adding 5 or 6 at release. I dont care for remakes.

But if they are as varied and awesome as Cata 5 mans were, I'm cool with it.

Ill also take 5 man heroic catch up content over Timeless Isle any day.
    coz in Shattred Halls u were wiping and never could do first boss...unlike cata...cata with all its dificulties was boring...its just u wipe if u didnt go in time from AOE...no CC like in BC
    Last edited by bison91; 2014-01-24 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    And the people who disagree with that SHOULDNT voice their discontent? Scenarios are god awful
    I second that. 5 mans are miles better than Scenarios.

5 Mans should outnumber Scenarios 2:1 seriously. Scenarios should only be used for the occasional story telling or the solo ones on Isle of Thunder (they were pretty cool).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    BC didn't have Raid Finder, Flex and even normal mode raids. BC didn't have scenarios. BC didn't have challenge modes.

They just diversified the casual end game, that's all. WOD will also bring back the normal and heroic mode versions of those dungeons.

Do you really need 15 dungeons? You don't even run them after the first tier of an expansion. Their only purpose is to gear you up for raids after all.
    forget about the number...look for quality also...even if BC had 15 instances, all of them were special (even slave pens). if MoP have 30 instances and all of them tank and spank. all bosses same and mobs...its just useles making 30 instances

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    God awful is what they did to Southshore, and DeadMine, and Sunken Temple. There is no logical reason for the Defias to abandon that mine and let homeless people roam freely within it. The Vanessa VanCleef storyline was horrid. Killing a worgen and a murloc instead of a real pirate like Van Cleef? Just horrible. But, this is just my opinion. There are apparently people who think it is now an awesome dungeon.
    Van Cleef was never a pirate, and honestly it seems like you don't even know the story of the new Deadmines or Westfall...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    even when i dont play BC instances now..every time i came back there with alts...and i see thats its stil fun...more fun then other expacs
    Last edited by bison91; 2014-01-24 at 06:33 PM.

>varied environments.

That's funny. Did you even play TBC?

Steamvault, slave pens, underbog -> 1 environment

Tombs, halls, crypts, SL -> 1 environment

Mech, Bot, Arc -> 1 environment

Ramps, BF, SH -> 1 environment

So now that we've eliminated the dupes, 15 - 7 = 8, wow how about that, roughly identical.

For me it would be nice to have some non raiding things to do for a while. If heroic dungeons will take anywhere from 45-60 minutes, you can do 2 on an evening and more if you have time on your hands. I can't really afford to spend 4/5 hours online in a row any more, but still would like to feel I accomplish something when I play WoW (also outside or raiding).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Van Cleef was never a pirate, and honestly it seems like you don't even know the story of the new Deadmines or Westfall...
    forget about the pirates...hes saying other trash....deadmine aweful?! its awesome...vanesa and all the westfall chain quest is awesome...u superman?! dont we kill vanesa? vanesa is much better then Edvin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    wasnt vortex pinnacle like the easiest of the bunch? You make it sounds like the content will last due to difficulty... most decent player cleared all of the cata dungeons on day1 without any problems at all. doubt wod dungeons will last longer.
    They will if Blizzard think of more rewards. Valor and Rep is a start.

Me? I do them just for fun. I love raiding ToT and SoO Flex too but 5 mans are still awesome. The problem is that they are way too easy at heroic level.

What I propose: Start off the expansion with difficulty like Cata/TBC. (HC mode)
    BUT Keep increasing the difficulty as the expansion goes on to keep it hard AND increase the rewards to LFR levels or something.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    Heard that line prior to MoP.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2014-01-24 at 07:10 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    I second that. 5 mans are miles better than Scenarios.

5 Mans should outnumber Scenarios 2:1 seriously. Scenarios should only be used for the occasional story telling or the solo ones on Isle of Thunder (they were pretty cool).
    I'm fine with tons of scenarios. What I'm not fine with is pretending that they are in any way equal to 5-man dungeons. Scenarios are the equivalent of group quests, not dungeons. Have 2 scenarios per zone. Heck, have 5 or 10! I'll be fine with that. But they do not and will never fill the same niche as 5 person instances. (Ok, so maybe their about as fun as the things Blizzard called 5-man instances in MoP, but those were basically jokes. I came to loathe Vortex Pinnacle with a passion, but I'd rather run it than any of the MoP 'dungeons'.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

Thoughts?
    Some people just never stop complaining. Stop comparing like for like.

WoD will new character models with new animations.

WoD will have Garrision, a possibly new game play element.

There has not been a lack of content. There has a change in type of contents. It seems to me that they are focusing on giving players new things to do rather than just dungeons and raids all the time. To me that is a good thing.

What did people do in a dungeon in Vanilla? Learn the boss mechanic and kill him.

What did people do in a dungeon in BC? Learn the boss mechanic and kill him.

What did people do in a dungeon in WoTLK? Learn the boss mechanic and kll him.

Dungeon run is just learning the mechanic. Otherwise, it is just the same type of gameplay, Just different looking boss and dungeon. At least Blizzard now is adding something to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Only because they were so easy and throw away. WoD dungeons will be much harder. They compared the difficulty to pre nerf Vortex Pinnacle.
    Wow. That is going to be interesting for certain party makeups. From what I remember of VP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.
    Hahahahaha.

Although not necessarily a bad thing, TBC was full of rehashed mobs and enviroments, which already makes me bored when leveling.
    And with that out of the way, yeah, you complain just about everything, so I'm not sure if you're interested in my thoughts, which is why I won't share them with you.