Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Grunt Alyx Vilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    All of Space and Time
    Posts
    22
    This thread again? C'mon, it's getting old and WoD is not even in beta. You don't like it? Leave. You do not mind? Stay. Dungeons, funnily enough, are not the focal point of this next expansion. If they add 27 high quality dungeons, and nothing else, I 100% guarantee you, yes you OP, will complain about OMFG LACK OF CONTENT DUNGEONS ARE BORING.

    Oh and, while we are at it, blizzard are lazy assholes for rehashing black temple into a city. Blizzard are lazy for rehashing outlands. *sarcasm*
    Last edited by Alyx Vilk; 2014-01-24 at 09:36 PM.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Hey its you again, so how many whine threads did you make again?
    Just to make you remember, development for BC was always WAY longer...
    TBC also went out the door with the first two raiding tiers at release, and the third raiding tier within six months afterwards. The raid development team also put out Naxx, the largest raid ever implemented in game, while TBC was in development.
    To be fair, the Starcraft teams got pulled into the mix to get TBC out the door. Then again, WoD is supposed to have the largest team ever working on WoW's development ever so, maybe they should drop half of that team and just pull the Starcraft team in again.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    BC was also built using a lot of stuff meant for Vanilla, since WoW wasn't expected to do so well. Karazhan and Caverns of Time were in the game since launch.

    So it's kinda different to compare a game where they just sort of throw everything against the wall and see what sticks, to something that they're actively trying to have more memorable/less grindy dungeons.

    BC had a lot of 5 mans, not a lot of GOOD 5 mans.
    I found every one of the BC 5 mans interesting and fun in their own ways. When people claim that the environments are not varied in the wing dungeons, thats complete bullshit.

    Different architecture, different lighting, different enemies. Just because the THEME was similar did not mean that it was a rehash of the first dungeon they put in that wing of dungeons.

    I go into ramparts and i feel as if i am outside a large fortress, and I am killing bosses and enemies there to protect the fortress entrance. I enter blood furnace and I feel a huge demonic presence. Fel orcs doing twisted things, warlocks summoning demons, fel demons and engineers throwing dynamite at you and dropping bombs. The bosses are way much more varied than ramparts. I go into shattered halls and its a completely different feel from blood furnace and ramparts. It feels more harsh, warriory, rugged, spikey. It feels like the enemies there are brutal warriors. Theres enemies with guns, axes, fire arrows, gauntlet, a huge ogre, fire and brimstone. It feels totally different. Just because the architecture's theme is similar does not mean its a rehash of another dungeon. It is a completely different experience.

    Same with the serpent shrine cavern dungeons, same with the tempest keep dungeons. They all look simliar in theme, but they each individually feel distinct, and varied. Same with the Wotlk 5 mans that were added with ICC. Stop playing that bs card of "oh hey BC dungeons were all rehashes because they belonged in the same wing of dungeons"

  4. #204
    Dungeons are no longer the only means of progression & enjoyment at level cap, so they are spreading around the love to other areas of gameplay. I personally wish they would have come out with new dungeons during Mists; maybe they will release more midway through Warlords (probably not).

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I found every one of the BC 5 mans interesting and fun in their own ways. When people claim that the environments are not varied in the wing dungeons, thats complete bullshit.

    Different architecture, different lighting, different enemies. Just because the THEME was similar did not mean that it was a rehash of the first dungeon they put in that wing of dungeons.

    I go into ramparts and i feel as if i am outside a large fortress, and I am killing bosses and enemies there to protect the fortress entrance. I enter blood furnace and I feel a huge demonic presence. Fel orcs doing twisted things, warlocks summoning demons, fel demons and engineers throwing dynamite at you and dropping bombs. The bosses are way much more varied than ramparts. I go into shattered halls and its a completely different feel from blood furnace and ramparts. It feels more harsh, warriory, rugged, spikey. It feels like the enemies there are brutal warriors. Theres enemies with guns, axes, fire arrows, gauntlet, a huge ogre, fire and brimstone. It feels totally different. Just because the architecture's theme is similar does not mean its a rehash of another dungeon. It is a completely different experience.

    Same with the serpent shrine cavern dungeons, same with the tempest keep dungeons. They all look simliar in theme, but they each individually feel distinct, and varied. Same with the Wotlk 5 mans that were added with ICC. Stop playing that bs card of "oh hey BC dungeons were all rehashes because they belonged in the same wing of dungeons"
    I agree with all of this. BC dungeons were a lot of fun.

  6. #206
    It really feels like blizz is trying to phase out dungeons. On Mop launch leveling in dungeons was really only viable 85-87(88 on busy servers). I like leveling 1-80 purely in dungeons to 85 you can still stick with dungeons but it's slower. Once you hit 87 dungeons are extremely slow. Mostly because you are still running the same old 85 dungeons. The dungeon content was just to thin spread out over the levels.

    With 10 levels and 8 dungeons (Some of which is gonna be max level only) there wont be a lot of new dungeons to do while leveling.

  7. #207
    Scarab Lord ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    4,664
    Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    gotta love the "oh they had more developing time than wod", blizzard has doubled if not tripled there development team, what are they all doing?
    Making content for the in-game real-money store?

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

    Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

    I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

    WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

    Thoughts?
    I'mma just point this out:

    I was recently running some alts through dungeons for RaF leveling. I found the quality of say UBRS or Strat (in terms of texture, design, and overal 'Look and Feel') to be vastly superior to most of the Auchindoun/Hellfire dungeons. Some dungeons in TBC are better than others (specifically the ones geared to max level players. The Tempest keep dungeons, Shattered halls, Shadow Labs, etc.)

    If you compare those, side by side, to WLK dungeons, once again, there's a huge disparity in quality. Utgarde keep vs Mana tombs? UTK wins it, hands down. Nexus is gawddamn gorgeous compared to, say, Steamvaults.

    Overall, we're getting fewer dungeons that are made to a significantly higher standard.

    MoP had fewer dungeons, but they have a significantly higher standard in terms of textures clipping, texture resolution, spectral mapping.

    I don't think they can really change into a lower gear, in terms of graphical requirements per dungeon, because it'll stand out (as the rest of the game has also "Stepped it up" in a similar nature.) and scenarios were a decent option because they use existing locations and are easier to build and balance.

    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    They did mention they were considering adding more, and also adding additional difficulties of existing ones so we won't have Heroic-Zandalari-Grind-mark-2.

  9. #209
    Dreadlord Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    887
    TBC RULZ!

    WoD is gonna be ...

    Meh...
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

  10. #210
    lol tbc didn't have 15 dungeons. 15 scenario's maybe, but they aren't dungeon worthy.

    TBC dungeons = MOP HC scenarios and even mop hc scens are bigger.
    ----

    WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

    ----

  11. #211
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Lets hope they provide both. Why cant both be an option?
    I second that.

    Currently it is a bit on the slow side to get LFR groups for your alts. Yes, putting raid gear on vendors for valor is disputed. "Why do you need raid gear if you just do heroics". Guess that is why you can actually gather valor in 5mans, but buying the gear that "matters" is gated behind rep that you only get in raids.

    In a way..clever and don't you say Blizzard doesn't listen to players. Guess some will claim they listen "to the wrong ones"

    Let's face it. 5 man heroics are fun and have a place pre-raid to gear up. Beyond that..seriously..who runs them unless
    -there is some awseome low drop reward like a mount etc
    -there is a drop that equals raid gear quality
    -you can collect a currency that you can exchange for raidgear that is not gated

    And where do you see a 5 man heroic that is implemented in a patch post release unless it is to catch up on gear. (like the ICC heroics)?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Making content for the in-game real-money store?
    Which content is that? Oh..you think making one mount eats up that much dev and art time?

    Geez, with the posters on this forum these day I just cannot tell if they are unbeliveable idots or trolling us in reeeaaalllly subtle ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    TBC RULZ!

    WoD is gonna be ...

    Meh...
    Like this guy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    -you can collect a currency that you can exchange for raidgear that is not gated
    That's been true of heroics since TBC.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    lol tbc didn't have 15 dungeons. 15 scenario's maybe, but they aren't dungeon worthy.

    TBC dungeons = MOP HC scenarios and even mop hc scens are bigger.
    Scenarios are garbage. Don't even dare to compare them to dungeons of ANY expansion.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Thing is though, to a point he's quite right. Yes, TBC development was way longer (though... who knows how long they've been working on WoD...?). While, yes, they are adding more content in patches (which is a good way to go) it's still a BIT weak that they can't add a LITTLE more flavour to go with a new expansion.

    Totally understand the business case - minimum needed to forgo x% of complaints about it but still... 5 is a pretty small number of 5 mans to ship with.

    I'm pretty neutral on the love/hate of Blizz, so there will be plenty of opinions on the matter from those towards either end of the scale but 5... it's a time travel expansion, ideas can't really be too short, pretty much anything COULD fit. 10 seems a much better figure. If the team is so much larger as we are being told then the usual reply of "we don't have resources, we can't hire just anyone" etc don't really wash.
    Completely agree. The lack of 5 man content is really killing my enjoyment of MOP. I'm still doing LFR to experience it, but i think very soon i'll be out of content to consume/enjoy. In the past I could run 5 mans with friends, but i can't do that now with any real reason due to the absolutely shitty rewards.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I found every one of the BC 5 mans interesting and fun in their own ways. When people claim that the environments are not varied in the wing dungeons, thats complete bullshit.

    Different architecture, different lighting, different enemies. Just because the THEME was similar did not mean that it was a rehash of the first dungeon they put in that wing of dungeons.

    I go into ramparts and i feel as if i am outside a large fortress,

    Same with the serpent shrine cavern dungeons, same with the tempest keep dungeons. They all look simliar in theme, but they each individually feel distinct, and varied. "
    You know what's funny about this rant? You completely left out Auchindoun, which is shamelessly the same dungeon four times.

  16. #216
    If there was only 5 levels to max, and not 10, I wouldn't be bothered with 6 dungeons and 2 rehashed at release. However, since it's 10, it's almost like at certain levels you do certain dungeons. It's gonna suck when you're, for example, level 93 and you're just like "Ugh not this dungeon again"
    No thanks Blizzard more dungeons plz

  17. #217
    I know its broken record moad, but BC dungeons were horrible. Grindy, repetitive, slow dungeons. Very meh. Definitely a MUCH higher quality now, even tho the quantity of literally discrete, instanced zones is lower.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    Scenarios are garbage. Don't even dare to compare them to dungeons of ANY expansion.
    Which is exactly what I think about TBC dungeons. The real dungeons emerged at the start of wrath.

    The best dungeons were Cataclysm, the ones that shipped with launch, the added ones besides za/zg were meh.

    Quality > Quantity. Having 15 dungeons that are identical isn't really having 15 dungeons, that's scenario level.
    ----

    WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

    ----

  19. #219
    In burning crusade, 5 man dungeons where the primary thing to do if you couldnt raid.

    Now if you cant get into a normal raid you have several LFRaids, Scenarios. Daily quests (or in WoD Events you can seek out yourself).

    ----------------

    Though one thing i'm confused about....there are actually people that are going to be running dungeons before 6.1? I have an entire continent to quest in and 2 or 3 garrisons to pimp out before i even touch any group content.

    Psh...dungeons...

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledecor View Post
    If there was only 5 levels to max, and not 10, I wouldn't be bothered with 6 dungeons and 2 rehashed at release. However, since it's 10, it's almost like at certain levels you do certain dungeons. It's gonna suck when you're, for example, level 93 and you're just like "Ugh not this dungeon again"
    No thanks Blizzard more dungeons plz
    You will always have that, regardless of the amount they bring out. Plus scenario's will be used for leveling aswell, and grant similar xp.

    So it's not gonna be like omg this dungeon again, you'll have scenario's aswell, which have no queue and are faster.
    ----

    WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

    ----

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •