Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To all those that says they rarely see people run the instances. I do so, as tank, and almost every time i have at least one fully normal geared one. Often halfdecked HC geared people too.
    A lot of people still run them because it's mindless valor, instead of the hc scenarious where you have to walk out of some things to avoid to die.

My thoughts on the OP:
    Not much. Just hope they make them better than they did in mop. Only of the new ones that is fine is mogu'shan temple. Rest sucks. The rehashed ones are great, though.
    Wish they stopped making doors everywhere. Sick and tired of waiting on doors opening, and events happening. But hey. It's easy valor and i don't have to do anything for it.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    What happens after the first tier when all dungeon gear is obsolete?
    Put gear in them that doesn't automatically go obsolete when a new tier arrives. They did this in TBC and people were still running select 5 man heroics because some gear was just damn awesome. (the quags eye trinket comes to mind, also the trinket off the last boss of opening the dark portal)

There are ways to entice players to continue to run content that doesn't solely have to do with gear or power upgrades. If the content is fun, and there are several varied environments (even with similar themes) it gives the player more choices, and different obstacles and enemies to overcome. Also, TBC dungeons were not just a snooze fest, and every single dungeon had a heroic mode to it that was challenging enough to keep players on their toes.

I'd blame scenarios personally.

Seems they are taking time and resources away from dungeons to sink into stupid shit like scenarios.

Even if they did re-use some of the same art assets, who cares? It's still new stuff and different layouts, bosses, loot, etc.

I wonder if perhaps with their new loot system where all the primary stats shuffle around based on spec so you need half as many sources of loot as you did before if they simply can't spread enough loot out across more dungeons to justify their existence. There are going to be much fewer items in the game with the new loot system.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Having played in both expansions, I can easily say that most people here DO NOT REMEMBER BC AT LAUNCH.

You did normals, Heroic Mechanar, Slave Pens and maybe Underbog. Most of the other heroic dungeons weren't doable in a pug, and were absurd for any group that didn't consist of 3 mages, a warrior and a healer. The amount of content available is irrelevant when it's inaccessible to most players. Cata pre-nerf was pretty much the right balance, where it was hard enough to make people pay attention but not downright broken (360 degree cleaves and mortal strikes, looking at you)

Though, on the other hand, the loot system from TBC heroics was generally better. I believe that heroics *should* drop gear equal to (at least 1 item per) to the first tier of raid. The forced heroics>lfr>normal progression tree is dumb.

Re: rehashing dungeons and shared assets. I don't particularly have any opinion about the quality vs quantity. I don't mind killing orcs in the same instance or a grand elaborate temple or whatever. As long as the story is there it'll work for me, pretty much because it'll become ignored in a few months anyway. Heroic Scenario type things are ideal (though personally I'd make the loot bag an option every run rather than 1/day, or make it 100% gear 1/day) because you can turn a switch and make the drops relevant. Because at the end of the day, people run dungeons for gear most of the time, and the second the gear becomes irrelevant, so does the dungeon. I actually liked the cata model of buying previous tier for JP. This game would be TONS better if you could farm 522 gear from jp, especially with the insane itemlevel bloat. Timeless isle is a good step, but I believe cata did it better.

TL;DR. The amount of dungeons is irrelevant because people stop doing it after first content patch/catch up mechanic anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    To all those that says they rarely see people run the instances. I do so, as tank, and almost every time i have at least one fully normal geared one. Often halfdecked HC geared people too.
    A lot of people still run them because it's mindless valor, instead of the hc scenarious where you have to walk out of some things to avoid to die.

My thoughts on the OP:
    Not much. Just hope they make them better than they did in mop. Only of the new ones that is fine is mogu'shan temple. Rest sucks. The rehashed ones are great, though.
    Wish they stopped making doors everywhere. Sick and tired of waiting on doors opening, and events happening. But hey. It's easy valor and i don't have to do anything for it.
    Yeah people still run them for the easy valor, and i gaurentee that if they had 15 heroic dungeons launched with WoD, people would generally be happier because they would see different dungeons instead of the same shit over and over. I swear i get stormstout brewery like 3 times if i am chain running heroics in a single play session.

Plus they should go back to daily 5 man heroic dungeon quests like they had in TBC and WoTLK, instead of this click ui auto queue and get daily rewards. Something can be said about immersion of actually talking to an npc and them sending you to a specific dungeon to complete a series of tasks / kill some bad guy, etc etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Plus they should go back to daily 5 man heroic dungeon quests like they had in TBC and WoTLK, instead of this click ui auto queue and get daily rewards. Something can be said about immersion of actually talking to an npc and them sending you to a specific dungeon to complete a series of tasks / kill some bad guy, etc etc etc.
    Agreed. Thought they were great ideas, very unsure as to why they were removed. Also, if the reward is right, it ensure dungeons are relevant right 'til the end, instead of the first patch alone.

I dunno about you, but I never got sick of BC/WotLK dungeons after running them 30+ times apiece. I used to just do it when I was bored, for kicks, or to try a new spec/build.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    They said they are doing new dungeons every tier. That's more than fine.
    Did they ? When ?

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    BC dungeons were crap compared to the Vanilla dungeons. They are a single hall connecting a few rooms that you finish in 15 minutes or less.
    Are you talking about WOTLK dungeons?

Nobody was completing TBC heroics in 15 minutes. If you could get a group together in 15 minutes that would be an achievement, let alone completing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Daily heroic quest > daily heroic queue > weekly VP cap.

Daily heroic quest is dead for a reason. People won't be able to do it every day, it'll slow down character progression, whinefest/bitchfits on forums, they get changed.
    Blah blah muh aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Are you talking about WOTLK dungeons?

Nobody was completing TBC heroics in 15 minutes. If you could get a group together in 15 minutes that would be an achievement, let alone completing it.
    Dungeons like H Sethekk Halls and Botanica were super fast especially if you overgeared them and learned to skip unnecessary trash. I am not talking about the time to get a group.

Single Hall Dungeons began with TBC and were made even more common in WotLK.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BC dungeons were crap compared to the Vanilla dungeons. They are a single hall connecting a few rooms that you finish in 15 minutes or less.

I would love to see Blizzard bring truly big dungeons like Maraudon and BRD in WoD. Scenarios already accomplish the quick-and-easy run if you are strapped for time, but Dungeons should go back to being actual "Dungeons" ya know.
    bc dungeons crap compared to vanila?!?! are u insane...u realy love BRD? its ugliest instance ever...so what that it took 8 hours to clear it at vanila...its not interesting instance at all...u feel hero to clear instance for lvl 62 coz u went there with ur lvl 70 to clear it for 15 min...

- - - Updated - - -

Dungeons like H Sethekk Halls and Botanica were super fast especially if you overgeared them and learned to skip unnecessary trash. I am not talking about the time to get a group.

Single Hall Dungeons began with TBC and were made even more common in WotLK.
    botanika fast?! i absolutely disagree...maybe u had a very good groups...

They have 10x more content for casuals now then they did in BC and wrath.

If you aren't casual then you should not care about this anyways.

Lack of 5 mans is the final nail in the coffin for me among a myriad of other issues I have with the game and the upcoming expansion. The game is just going in a completely different direction than what I enjoyed originally playing and I no longer plan to buy the expansions and play it anymore. Their decision to focus more on things like scenarios, LFR, dailies, etc is just not appealing to me and not what I originally enjoyed about WoW which were dungeons, exploration, world events, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    They have 10x more content for casuals now then they did in BC and wrath.

If you aren't casual then you should not care about this anyways.
    People who play not casually need something to do on alts and such when they finish acquiring all the possible upgrades on their main(s) for the week. There just isn't enough meaningful content to do if you have a lot of play time it felt like for me. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, it just means the game is going in a different direction for a different audience, but sadly that audience no longer includes me and I chose to not continue paying for a game where I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth (enough entertainment to where I wasn't just sitting around AFK in a main city).

Deleted
    Well more dungeons and raids will be added thoughout patches. I miss the TBC days because they had some awesome story lines that led to the raid-end bosses. I'm quiet exited about this new expansion and what they will offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Lack of 5 mans is the final nail in the coffin for me among a myriad of other issues I have with the game and the upcoming expansion. The game is just going in a completely different direction than what I enjoyed originally playing and I no longer plan to buy the expansions and play it anymore. Their decision to focus more on things like scenarios, LFR, dailies, etc is just not appealing to me and not what I originally enjoyed about WoW which were dungeons, exploration, world events, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

People who play not casually need something to do on alts and such when they finish acquiring all the possible upgrades on their main(s) for the week. There just isn't enough meaningful content to do if you have a lot of play time it felt like for me. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, it just means the game is going in a different direction for a different audience, but sadly that audience no longer includes me and I chose to not continue paying for a game where I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth (enough entertainment to where I wasn't just sitting around AFK in a main city).
    The concept is the same. There is so much more to do on alts.

Who runs dungeons for fun on alts anyways? Dungeons in wrath were so retarded you didnt need a tank or healer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Put gear in them that doesn't automatically go obsolete when a new tier arrives. They did this in TBC and people were still running select 5 man heroics because some gear was just damn awesome. (the quags eye trinket comes to mind, also the trinket off the last boss of opening the dark portal)

There are ways to entice players to continue to run content that doesn't solely have to do with gear or power upgrades. If the content is fun, and there are several varied environments (even with similar themes) it gives the player more choices, and different obstacles and enemies to overcome. Also, TBC dungeons were not just a snooze fest, and every single dungeon had a heroic mode to it that was challenging enough to keep players on their toes.
    ??? No one ran heroics after they got geared enough to do any raiding, as ALL the raiding gear was better lol. I hated BC raiding lol, you guys think heroics -> LFR -> Normal was bad, well BC had the same but instead was normals -> heroics -> first tier of raids -> 2nd tier -> finally BT/Hyjal. Back before they took the attunment out if you lost a raider or two during BT/Hyjal progression, if you could replace with them you had to run someone through all the previous tiers to work them up because of gating.

Can we PLEASE take off the ridiculously oversizeed rose tinted goggles on some peoples faces? During BC everyone wanted Wrath for the massive changes to the crapfest it was. Heroics were HATED because of how stupid they were at launch, where if you didn't have cc on your character you had to spend an extra 1-2 HOURS to find a group willing to take you (shamans, paladins namely).Even then they took so long that you didn't want to gear or play anything else through them.

Having a few nicely made dungeons is fine by me, after a dozen or so runs on a few characters I won't visit them again, will just get my valor cap doing dailies or doing LFR, least in those I can make a decent chunk of cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    The concept is the same. There is so much more to do on alts.

Who runs dungeons for fun on alts anyways? Dungeons in wrath were so retarded you didnt need a tank or healer.....
    Me, like I said, the kinds of things I enjoy are pretty much the kinds of things they are putting less time and effort into (dungeons, exploration, world events, etc), and more time elsewhere (scenarios, LFR, dailies) to things I don't enjoy. There may be "so much more to do on alts", but it's mostly content I don't enjoy, new features I don't like and I still very much enjoy the old features they once used to pay more attention to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I'm relatively certain that they're talking about the amount at launch. There will most likely be more added in later patches.
    MoP had 9 instances from launch, never got even one more

i'm glad they don't spend more time on 5 mans. they're fun for a bit, but they get stale quick. i'd rather they spend more time creating other types of content. i'ts good they are planning to do just that.

Deleted
    The only dungeon TBC didn't have at release was Magister's Terrace.