Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

SP, 14873 or 18215 haste?

I'm wondering... do you guys think it's worth getting the 18215 haste cap? Right now I'm 572 il (2p t16, immerseus trinket hc wf, garrosh normal trinket), mr robot shows a huge drop of stats to hit that cap... i'd lose 1522 int, 11.90% mastery (but mr robot includes the buffs in the count), 1674 spell power, and gain 3% critical and 8.31% haste.

Do you think the +3 ticks of VT makes it worth it? Any comments? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    I'm wondering... do you guys think it's worth getting the 18215 haste cap? Right now I'm 572 il (2p t16, immerseus trinket hc wf, garrosh normal trinket), mr robot shows a huge drop of stats to hit that cap... i'd lose 1522 int, 11.90% mastery (but mr robot includes the buffs in the count), 1674 spell power, and gain 3% critical and 8.31% haste.

Do you think the +3 ticks of VT makes it worth it? Any comments? Thanks in advance.
    No - You're probably having to gem pure haste to get there and that is too much intellect to drop. Stick with DP3 break point for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    No - You're probably having to gem pure haste to get there and that is too much intellect to drop. Stick with DP3 break point for now.
    Well, what do you mean for now? It's mostly like... forever at this point. I mean, we're 10/14hc, I doubt we'll be able to progress much more and I can probably get few pieces here and there to gain 3-4 itemelevels but that wouldn't change much my gear after all. Checking armory i noticed a lot of SPs now (even those at 570 not just 580) tend to reforge to hit 18215 haste now maybe I'm missing something... they all lose a lot of stats by doing so.

It really depends on how well itemized your pieces are, if you've been picky with the pieces you have taken so that you have haste on 16/18 slots its very easy to reach. If you've got a bunch of spirit/crit not so much.
    I'm not at it right now, due to dropping BBoY for a heroic KTT however I was at one point able to reach it. First time I hit it was in mid ToT at around 540 ilvl. I much prefer the quick playstyle, but honestly the damage is pretty similar.

18215 is overrated. Someone said it was better (maybe AMR or Noxxic) and tons of spriests went blindly for it. I've tried both on various fights and there's no significant advantage of one over another when it comes to damage.

GCD has the perk of aligning your MFIs with your next MB. That's it. As Nestar said, you need perfectly itemized gear to pull it off without actually losing stats.

I personally like DP3 better. 14873 haste is much easier to reach, benefits your healing, t90 talents and your t16 4-set if you wear it, and allows you for more flexibility when gemming / reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    18215 is overrated. Someone said it was better (maybe AMR or Noxxic) and tons of spriests went blindly for it. I've tried both on various fights and there's no significant advantage of one over another when it comes to damage.

GCD has the perk of aligning your MFIs with your next MB. That's it. As Nestar said, you need perfectly itemized gear to pull it off without actually losing stats.

I personally like DP3 better. 14873 haste is much easier to reach, benefits your healing, t90 talents and your t16 4-set if you wear it, and allows you for more flexibility when gemming / reforging.
    This is how I feel about it. I've tried both as well and I just prefer having more crit/mastery over haste.

Deleted
    Just wanted to post here to make something clear.

14873 is a haste point to aim for.

18200 is a haste point to aim for.

18215 is a 'cap', it's not a point to aim for.

However when it comes to 14873 and 18200... not much difference in overall DPS from my experience. You shift some of the damage around and they do 'feel' a little different. Good points above about 14873 benefitting lvl90 talents (both damage and healing) but in terms of DPS really just go with whichever you can reach /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    18215 is a 'cap', it's not a point to aim for.
    It's not a spell haste breakpoint, but it is the point to aim for since the real benefit of going all the way to 18215 is not getting VT+4, but aligning MFI with your next MB by being at the GCD cap.

Although the argument of 18200 vs 18215 is moot since the difference is much likely smaller than your latency, it should be pointed out that going beyond the GCD cap is unadvisable and can actually screw you up due to "spell is not ready yet" errors forcing you to double tap stuff and actually lose GCDs on the long run.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-01-25 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    when i tried once the gcd with 90 ms in every fight was desaster for me tried to cast spells i already casted and the openers with bl was............. so i switch to 14873 and i never look back to gcd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    Complete Nonsense.
    You have Bboy ? -> Go Gcd ( 18215) , You have Toxic Totem hc /hcwf ? -> Go 14873. You have both same ilvl ? -> go with BBoy. You have totem Hcwf and Bboy hc ? -> Personal prefferance. This guy is an idiot. Ilvl 572 and Bboys screams for gcd. Even With dp3 you gem secondaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Complete Nonsense.
    You have Bboy ? -> Go Gcd ( 18215) , You have Toxic Totem hc /hcwf ? -> Go 14873. You have both same ilvl ? -> go with BBoy. You have totem Hcwf and Bboy hc ? -> Personal prefferance. This guy is an idiot. Ilvl 572 and Bboys screams for gcd. Even With dp3 you gem secondaries.
    Calm yo tits bro :3 The OP said he'd drop a lot of stats by going 18215, so it's pretty fair to assume it isn't worth it.
    It's not black/white like that. Having BBoY doesn't necessarily mean you should be going GCD cap. Nor does having KTT mean you should go 14873. If your gear allows it, and you like the GCD-playstyle, then fine, go for it. In reality the differnce is so small that it's hardly noticeable. So unless your gear allows you to do it (lots of haste, yellow sockets), don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    Calm yo tits bro :3 The OP said he'd drop a lot of stats by going 18215, so it's pretty fair to assume it isn't worth it.
    It's not black/white like that. Having BBoY doesn't necessarily mean you should be going GCD cap. Nor does having KTT mean you should go 14873. If your gear allows it, and you like the GCD-playstyle, then fine, go for it. In reality the differnce is so small that it's hardly noticeable. So unless your gear allows you to do it (lots of haste, yellow sockets), don't bother.
    ^this. I wish people actually knew what they were talking about before they spoke. Having bboy just makes it easier to hit gcd cap, it doesn't mean you have to go for it.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    It's also pretty easy to reach 18.2k with kardris totem. I still have some non haste gems in my gear :/

Complete Nonsense.
    I'm the idiot? lmao. You really think losing 1522 int, 11.90% mastery for 3% crit is worth it? As others have said, you don't base your haste point off your trinkets at all. Has zero to do with it, other than making it easier to get to GCD with Bboy.

If we were going to base our haste solely around trinkets, I still wouldn't drop that much for GCD, because Bboy, if played right, is extremely strong with Insanity, that will benefit more from mastery, than the crit. See here for all the options to max out Bboy

Also this part really made me chuckle

Personal prefferance. This guy is an idiot
    Last edited by Spinalcrack; 2014-01-25 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    Kinda curious as to how people are losing int to gain haste. How does that even work?

Kinda curious as to how people are losing int to gain haste. How does that even work?
    Via gem socket bonuses.

Deleted
    Well I am 567ilvl 10/14hc, I went for the 18215 haste, 4 piece and currently have HC immerseus trink and normal BBOY (had no luck with kadris to test it). I have 2 full haste gems and I do not reforge much into haste, in fact i have started replacing my int haste gems with int crit/mastery ones (where needed).

It really shocks me that 18215 would make you lose much at your ilvl. If anything the question should be which pieces of gear needs replacing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Via gem socket bonuses.
    how is that even an option people are considering? lose stats... gain nothing but a 'different' haste point?
    Maybe I had too much faith in people >.<

Maybe I had too much faith in people >.<
    That's the power of noxxic et al. Tell them GCD cap is better and they'll do all sort of idiotic things to get there without even knowing why they're doing it.

I've gone both ways, balanced crit and mastery and gone with mastery>crit. I haven't seen a major difference either way. Like most people said above its whatever style of play fits you best.