Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    4 ilvl is NOT "massively out geared".
    Not sure why people are saying this. 4 ilvls is huge when you are in 570+ gear. Sim the difference two people in 4 ilvls and it usually comes out to 20-30k~ dps, especially when it comes to H:WF trinkets or weapons.

    All this 10 vs 25 man is stupid as usual since apparently you 25m guys seem to think the players in 25 mans are so massively better than 10 mans -

    Refusing to take into account how the average ilvl of a shadow priest in 25 man is higher than 10 man one.
    Refusing to take into account more skull banners/storm lashes.
    Refusing to take into account how having more people while mechanics stay the same mean you get a higher chance to not have RNG thrown your way on fights that would force movement (the most ideal example being the blade on IJ that knocks you back, it happens way more often in 10 man than 25 man since there's still only one blade).

    I agree that 25 man is harder to rank in because there is a bigger pool of good players there who have great gear with varying strats sometimes (like nazgrim and keeping adds up) but if you seriously think to yourself that 25m shadow priests are just in a different league than 10m then I really don't know what to say. W/E though, don't want to argue some pointless argument that will get nowhere.

    Also, you are a good spriest Drye, not sure why you are making shit up about your one week 10 man giving you nothing but top 5 parses (not to mention you were doing the fights with an ilvl just as good as most of the top 10 man shadow priests when you did it), but ok. Honestly you guys are just being stupid.

    P.S. I'm not siding with Lazu either since I think it's dumb to try to compare DPS in two different raid groups, let alone raid sizes. I parse to challenge myself, not to epeen contest with people in guilds who most likely are doing the fights differently or playing to win etc.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2014-01-29 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post

    Secondly, you're a big fan of being dramatic and using hyperboles because A) Saying using BBoY optimally is "barely applicable" in actual raid setting is just false, and B) 4 ilvl is NOT "massively out geared".
    A. The blog already depicts a "stars align scenario" where bboy proccs just as you blasted for your 2nd Orb, furthermore he implies that the following 10 seconds of procc neither involve any kind of movement that would interrupt MF:I, nor scenarios that force yourself to use utility globals.

    All i am saying is that in every "hard" Hc fight and basically every progress fight there are a lot of possibilities to completely destroy this planned setup.
    And Yes , movement can also hinder redoting at max stacks, but getting this 1 sec cast vt and instant pain off is easier than having to stand still around 8 secs around the end of the procc. Even if you realise that you wont be able to pull the insanity off as soon as you threw DP at like 6-7 stacks, you can still redot near the end, but you already dotted 2-3 seconds ago because of your precious BBoys Dp setup , so those will be wasted globals.

    If it so happens that i know nothing is going to happen to interrupt me + Bboy proccs on the 3rd mb cast + i didn't just redot i would of course play the procc as depicted in the blog , but this scenario is scarcely going to happen.

    B: What Angelic said.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    For 4-5 hours a night judging from logs, with an extra night here and there for progression, so lets not imply its less than 9 hours/week



    weird, cause here is a parse from the 16th with you dps'ing, so I guess its not all the time, it just sounds better to make excuses for your argument Immerseus Jan. 16th 2014



    Not on the 16th, Dark Shamans Jan. 16th 2014




    Hmm, wonder why that is?



    4 ilvl, and I just popped up recently by getting heroic pants, HWF KTT and a HWF staff. Most of my parses were before those when I was a couple ilvls lower with tier normal pants, the wand from spoils with the cage offhand, and normal Bboy.

    Keep dodging the fact that you advised someone to pick a haste point solely on their trinkets ignoring the stat loss.

    This has gotten out of hand and is just repeating itself at this point. So I am going to step out of this thread from here on out.

    It's pretty clear you are a good player and you can push numbers in 10 man, but from an understanding of why things work the way they do, and being able to fully understand how everything fits in our gearing and toolkit, you have a lot to learn. Rather than bashing people giving their input on gear checks, make sure you even understand the question. Everything you have said here is full of holes.
    Are you some kind of ex STASI officer or what ? Do you have too much spare time ? Did i really piss you off to the degree of you sniffing around in every log ?

    My Immerseus best dps was around our first kills with sub 560 ilvl.
    All other kills i dpsed were crap kills where i died or some other shit happened since we have been ( and still are ) struggling with roster problems.

    Our shaman kills have always been an uphill battle, we also split the bosses so i only have 1 target to dot.
    From then on i healed.

    You should at least be pulling around 50k more dps on almost every single one of your parses with your gear in 25man, everybody who claims otherwise is probably lacking a chromosome.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Not sure why people are saying this. 4 ilvls is huge when you are in 570+ gear. Sim the difference two people in 4 ilvls and it usually comes out to 20-30k~ dps, especially when it comes to H:WF trinkets or weapons.

    All this 10 vs 25 man is stupid as usual since apparently you 25m guys seem to think the players in 25 mans are so massively better than 10 mans -

    Refusing to take into account how the average ilvl of a shadow priest in 25 man is higher than 10 man one.
    Refusing to take into account more skull banners/storm lashes.
    Refusing to take into account how having more people while mechanics stay the same mean you get a higher chance to not have RNG thrown your way on fights that would force movement (the most ideal example being the blade on IJ that knocks you back, it happens way more often in 10 man than 25 man since there's still only one blade).

    I agree that 25 man is harder to rank in because there is a bigger pool of good players there who have great gear with varying strats sometimes (like nazgrim and keeping adds up) but if you seriously think to yourself that 25m shadow priests are just in a different league than 10m then I really don't know what to say. W/E though, don't want to argue some pointless argument that will get nowhere.

    Also, you are a good spriest Drye, not sure why you are making shit up about your one week 10 man giving you nothing but top 5 parses (not to mention you were doing the fights with an ilvl just as good as most of the top 10 man shadow priests when you did it), but ok. Honestly you guys are just being stupid.
    ^pretty much all of this.. (I've done both 10 and 25 and ranked high in both, so it's not just cause I happen to raid 10man atm)

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    W/E though, don't want to argue some pointless argument that will get nowhere.
    And still...

    Requesting end of thread since it's derailed from the OP's topic into a very sad dick measuring contest.

  5. #45
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,567
    Since we're still just mudslinging here, going to close this.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •