Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Middle-Earth : Shadow of Mordor

Just came across this video and i gotta say, i'm quite impressed with what i saw.

E3 2014 Stage Demo

Found some more videos on Youtube where the devs were interviewed...

Regarding the story..

About the Sandbox world in the game...

Last edited by Demoncrash; 2014-07-06 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arkham's Creed of the Ring. Sorry. This all I can think of after my friend showed me it.

Oh also, I'm 99% sure Steve Blum voices Ratbag. Just saying.
    Last edited by Belize; 2014-01-24 at 07:16 PM.

Chelly
    "Half-wraiths" please no stop. I guess it could be as fun as the Arkham/Assassin's Creed games were.

It looks to be a fun game but doesnt seem very fitting to middle earth.

Lore rape train choo choo.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    ... Sigh.

All they'd have to do, was to make a third Battle for Middle-Earth, instead of YET ANOTHER horrid lore-raping, semi-acting, semi-rp and/or MOBA game using the LotR franchise, but noooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    LOOK! I made FOUND a leaked picture of the box cover!

Bunch of try hard elitists in here, jeez, lol. Calm down a bit. It looks like a fun game.

Deleted
    Third Age mod for Med2:Total War is still the greatest LotR game out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Bunch of try hard elitists in here, jeez, lol. Calm down a bit. It looks like a fun game.
    This is the portion of market this game is aimed at and also the reason we cannot have good LotR games.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks incredibly amazing. Can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/for.../1100-6417307/

I guess they aren't the only "try hard elitists".

Deleted
    While the game does look interesting, they could have been a bit more original in terms of gameplay. And not just the climbing, assassinating and combat mechanics, even the wraith-mode or what's it called is very similar to eagle vision.
    It does have its unique traits and I have to admit that I'm interested in the game, but it lack originality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    While the game does look interesting, they could have been a bit more original in terms of gameplay. And not just the climbing, assassinating and combat mechanics, even the wraith-mode or what's it called is very similar to eagle vision.
    It does have its unique traits and I have to admit that I'm interested in the game, but it lack originality.
    Are we really going to criticize a game on originality now? Games continue to get unoriginal as new ones come out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Are we really going to criticize a game on originality now? Games continue to get unoriginal as new ones come out.
    As long as there are still companies that come up with original ideas on their own yes. I'm not against some similarities or the general idea being similar, but in this game it's a bit too obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when it'll come out, looks rather fun truth be told
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are still companies that come up with original ideas on their own yes. I'm not against some similarities or the general idea being similar, but in this game it's a bit too obvious.
    Doesn't look like it then again I do remember the Mario World scandal way back when xD
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Sigh.

All they'd have to do, was to make a third Battle for Middle-Earth, instead of YET ANOTHER horrid lore-raping, semi-acting, semi-rp and/or MOBA game using the LotR franchise, but noooooooooooooooooooooooh.
    Or please another turn-based RPG. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lor..._The_Third_Age
    Quite unbalanced at some parts but still fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Doesn't look like it then again I do remember the Mario World scandal way back when xD
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still intrigued by the game and I hope it turns out great. I just think they could have handled the gameplay approach better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still intrigued by the game and I hope it turns out great. I just think they could have handled the gameplay approach better.
    Depends on the mechanics if you ask me. Same reason why I tolerate Dragon Age's tactical stuff. I enjoy the lore and stuff so much and the mechanics IMO aren't that great.

Warrior-Magi