Exclamation [SMITE] Wrath of the Gods Tournament in Chicago hosted by Game Pazzo!

Hey guys, Holified here! I will be hosting a tournament in a suburb of Chicago in Downers Grove, IL! It will be at a gaming center called Game Pazzo.. I will personally be hosting the event and I will be there representing Tier Monster! It is a casual tournament, so anyone is allowed to enter! Please read all the info below regarding anything on the tournament.

Tournament Info

Wrath of the Gods is a "pick-up" style conquest 5v5 tournament that is designed for solo players to experience a tournament style event. Players can be a mix of both brand new and experienced players and each team is balanced around having a mix of both experienced and new players. Wrath of the Gods will be held on Saturday, February 1st with check-in starting at 2:00PM CST and ending at 2:30PM CST. Matchplay should begin at 3:00PM CST and is a single elimination, bracket style tournament with the finals being a best of three. Prizes are rewarded to 1st and 2nd place teams and are:

1st Place - 800 Gems per player and Cash Prize Up to $1,000 ($200 per player)

2nd Place - 400 Gems per player

Game Pazzo is Located at: 2011 63rd Street, Downers Grove, IL 60516

Eligibility

You must have the time to commit at least (1) hour of pre-tournament setup where teams and matches are created, and at least (4) hours of time for match play, semi-finals and finals. Members checking in for match play and the failing to appear will be disqualified from any future live event.

You must have at least 15 gods available to play (10 gods 4 bans), this can include free rotation gods.

Format

The cash prize will be bigger the more players that attend the event. We will be making a "pot" for the winning team using the money from players entering the tournament. The cost to enter is $18 per person.

Live events are "pick-up" style events which means that teams will be composed of individuals that have checked-in during the official check-in period.

Teams will be balanced based on a ranking system by the tournament administrator

Live events are unseeded, and teams will be matched by the tournament administrator during the check-in period.

A total of up to 16 teams will be chosen on any given live event day.

Standard Rules

Unless otherwise stated by the tournament administrator, Live Events will follow the standard HiRez Tournament rules.

Prize Distribution

Gem prizing is graciously provided by Tier Monster. A list of winners is provided to them after the event has completed.

The cash prize will be handed out immediately after the event has concluded.

It may take up to (1) week to receive Gem prizes, normally players will receive them by the Wednesday following the event.

Now that all of that is over (whew) I hope to meet and greet so many of the community members that I have grown to be very fond of! So if you're in the Chicago area or wanna make the drive, come up! Game Pazzo has a restaurant and a game store within its huge gaming center! It's a gamer's paradise and I hope to see some of you there .

So grab your friends, load up a car and have a party with us all at Game Pazzo and earn some epic lootz!

Love you all and thanks for reading!

Holified

EDIT: For those saying it is too soon, I will be working to try to make this a weekly event! So there will be more than one chance to go!

EDIT: PC's are of course provided, no need to bring your own!

EDIT: We will be doing interviews with players that are interested, it will be part of our video montage for YouTube!
    Last edited by Holified; 2014-01-24 at 08:00 PM.