Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Profession boost for Veteran players!

If you read the strings on the main page one of them mentions Veteran status and explains that Veteran status players get boost to their professions!

Finally Blizz gets it!

Thoughts?
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be something we've all been waiting for for a while. Depending on your length of time subscribed you might get...guaranteed procs, perhaps? Maybe costs reduced for things or automatically upgraded to Cata levels of a profession? Pretty neat sounding!

Edit: "evel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary profession"

Looks to be related to level and is a boost to the total of the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Could be something we've all been waiting for for a while. Depending on your length of time subscribed you might get...guaranteed procs, perhaps? Maybe costs reduced for things or automatically upgraded to Cata levels of a profession? Pretty neat sounding!
    I sure hope you are correct on the last guess

Following the level boost logic, they might just set one or all proffs of a veteran status player to certain level (like you said, Cata for example!)
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    What a great thing! I hate leveling professions so this is a godsend for me when I boost all my low levels guys to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised bliz haven't awarded 'vet' players sooner - nice feature though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Surprised bliz haven't awarded 'vet' players sooner - nice feature though.
    They're not awarding vet players, it's if your character is level 60 and you're boosting it, Blizz considers that a veteran character so you get a profession boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    They're not awarding vet players, it's if your character is level 60 and you're boosting it, Blizz considers that a veteran character so you get a profession boost.
    That makes sense. It's not entirely clear, though, so I suppose we have to wait for clarification to be certain.

Deleted
    What about people making money from selling leveling mats for professions? Won't this screw them over?

I wouldn't base too much on their usage of the word "veteran". It probably just means anyone with a max-level character.

Deleted
    It's not veteran players, it's veteran character. It means that the character on which you're using the boost is already level 60+.

Source (front page):

CHARACTER_UPGRADE_PROFESSION_BOOST - Veteran Bonus: Level 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary professions.

How about they just delete every single +320stat perk from professions and see how many people still use them?

It's shit game design and this is just a bandaid. "Profession" my ass, it's just a large money/time sink for +320 primary stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay alt professions are no longer a pain in the ass to get to 300

Praise Ghost Crab !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Edit: "evel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary profession"

Looks to be related to level and is a boost to the total of the skill.
    I would love Pay cuts to Character Services.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

If they did actually add something special for veteran players (meaning long time subscribers not players who have a max level character) there would be an enormous outcry from the players who picked up the game in TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP or even WoD. These days i would consider someone who has been playing since Wrath a 'veteran' which is kind of ironic because i remember the insult 'Wrath babies' being throw around a lot, i guess now it is Cata babies.

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    If they did actually add something special for veteran players (meaning long time subscribers not players who have a max level character) there would be an enormous outcry from the players who picked up the game in TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP or even WoD. These days i would consider someone who has been playing since Wrath a 'veteran' which is kind of ironic because i remember the insult 'Wrath babies' being throw around a lot, i guess now it is Cata babies.
    Wrath babies was partially because the ease of content in wrath being baby mode. Dungeons and stuff were jokes. Cata on the otherhand...not so much prior to 4.3.

So boost a level 60 character with 2 professions and get them boosted with you. Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    How about they just delete every single +320stat perk from professions and see how many people still use them?

It's shit game design and this is just a bandaid. "Profession" my ass, it's just a large money/time sink for +320 primary stats.
    Sounds good more gold for me.

cool all alts get 300 skill professions? everyone rushing into hellfire like lich king dks only this time with the awesome CRZ for 50 skill points to meet once again in borean

Would be very nice to get this. Leveling professions is something I do at max level anyway, because of flying mount etc. The time we spend in zones is minimal, so gathering mats for your professions is next to impossible to do while leveling up.