Thread: PvP and Rewards

PvP and Rewards

Ah, PvP. The bane of pretty much every PvE \ RAIDer. Timeless island the haven for bloody coin farmers...

This isn't yet another thread about complaining, I actually enjoy getting killed. I learn that way, it's funny to watch people and their antics.

I digress.. the reason I bring this up is why in PvP can't we have a "heroic" mode BG or reward for turning the tables on Timeless Island coin farmers.

If you kill someone in BG you get honor.. that person that DIES should LOSE honor.. no?!? At least if we had a heroic mode BG, that would make things more interesting wouldn't it? You lose a certain amount of honor and that Grievous gear becomes useless, at least in one slot..

Bloody coin farmers, and yes I know we can become farmers ourselves and kill people, but if we are simply killing rares, and we manage to fight off a coin group and they DIE we should get some reward in return. Instead of coin, why not TAKE a coin they took. At least they can LOSE a coin, there is really no risk reward it's just.. reward.

People get ganked all the time, which I happen to believe we need a "Safe" zone. We can't monitor our toons 24 \7, we have to eat, sleep, bio break, pick the kid off the floor because they eating something bad, smoke some weed, take a hit of meth, get a pickle tickle.. something. Drink some water, eat a chip, glance at the TV because there is a murder rampage live on channel 862..

The point is we all get distracted or just need a break.. for 2 minutes. 2 lousy minutes to stretch, take a deep breath, day dream.. fix the chair, re adjust the monitor.. something to get back into the game.

Why can't we have a safe zone, if we sit or lie down, or use AFK we should (for 2 minutes immediately following) be "safe" to PVP. 2 minutes! 1 minute.. after that game on. there are no safe zones anywhere.. we can fly!.. no..no we can't. timeless island no, isle of giants, no.. thuder isle no.. so there are zone we are "reachable" to attack.

I am just saying a simple action that requires us to sit down without be attacked for 2 minutes (or 1 minute), not usable more than once an hour.. and maybe if there are PvPers within range of say 75 yards.. doesn't count.. something like that.

Just a way to say "ah".. then get up and you are target able again... this isn't viable?
    Last edited by rjparker1; 2014-01-24 at 09:31 PM.

Moved to PvP subforum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    People get ganked all the time, which I happen to believe we need a "Safe" zone. We can't monitor our toons 24 \7, we have to eat, sleep, bio break, pick the kid off the floor because they eating something bad, smoke some weed, take a hit of meth, get a pickle tickle.. something. Drink some water, eat a chip, glance at the TV because there is a murder rampage live on channel 862..

The point is we all get distracted or just need a break.. for 2 minutes. 2 lousy minutes to stretch, take a deep breath, day dream.. fix the chair, re adjust the monitor.. something to get back into the game.

Why can't we have a safe zone, if we sit or lie down, or use AFK we should (for 2 minutes immediately following) be "safe" to PVP. 2 minutes!
    Hearthstones have a 10s cast time and will definitely take you to a safe zone (most of the time).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Just log out for your safe zone. Takes 15 seconds?

Heroic BG's? Making pvp more gear based would make it seem a lot less heroic to me. Its outplaying that I enjoy more than rofl stomping under geared players. (although that can be fun to)

Blood coins are given to players who assist Ordos it wouldn't make sense to give coins to people who killed the ones who are assisting him. The only part I dislike about blood coins is how different the PVP gear is to the heroic PVE gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    The only part I dislike about blood coins is how different the PVP gear is to the heroic PVE gear.
    This. If you're killing people on the isle considered PVE geared it's more than likely only the casual LFR crowd. I've never been killed while in my heroic raid gear unless there's 4+ bloody coin farmers and they kite me around >.>

That being said I stopped raiding to PVP and I'm enjoying the break. I do want to get bloody coins... Really need to do that before the next PVP season when it's actually a fair fight. Or maybe I should just wait until I'm full 550... I don't know...