[Prot]Thok 10H questions

Hi guys! We are about to attempt Thok on 10H. I wish to ask a couple of questions as prot pally before attempt.

1) Should I use my pally? Thing is pally is my alt which is 560 (just got H weapon shield and tier chest), and my main 573 monk (the other tank is 573 dk with dps os). However my pally is the only pally that we can bring, and TBH I feel tanking on pally is much easier than my other tanks even tho he is undergeared, especially for one tanking.

2) If I bring pally, any specific talent / glyph that I should choose? Any tips about cd rotation?

Thank you!

I'd just go with monk.

For pally you'll want either HA or SW to survive the first phase at 4+ debuff stacks. And Light's Hammer to assist with raid healing.

Don't forget if he's the only available paladin then that's a huge deal. 1 bop every rotation and a devo is huge. In 10m I can only imagine it's better, not to forget that tankadins are strong on thok.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Don't forget if he's the only available paladin then that's a huge deal. 1 bop every rotation and a devo is huge. In 10m I can only imagine it's better, not to forget that tankadins are strong on thok.
    Yep, I just can join your opinion.
    My Guild plays Thok with 4 Healers (Disc, Resto Druid/Shaman and Pala) and 1 Tank (me as tankadin). Your dmg and heal becomes really outrageous in this fight.
    I use HA and LH. Also using the Malkorok Trinket to shorten my Cooldowns.

hope that makes sense :O

We actually went with 2 tanking it, because bats were destroying our faces, and our group's ranged AOE wasn't that great. (I went dps, and the druid tanked boss/bats) Not to mention the druid trying to pick up the bats was kinda frustrating to him.

Devo Aura and BoP are huge in our strat as well, so getting that might be worth the fact that it's your alt.

Well, thank you guys. We killed it with 1 tank (my lovely 560 pally alt...) and 3 heal. Pretty cool progression considering it only takes us about 3 hrs while first 1 hr is just straight wipes in different group compo to see which is best. Still I feel pally is way better than monk on this fight. And I read about lots of ppl saying bats and jailer hit hard at high stacks but tbh I didn't really feel anything. The hard part as I see it is just to meet the dps requirement before everything goes crazy each phase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miedo View Post
    We actually went with 2 tanking it, because bats were destroying our faces, and our group's ranged AOE wasn't that great. (I went dps, and the druid tanked boss/bats) Not to mention the druid trying to pick up the bats was kinda frustrating to him.

Devo Aura and BoP are huge in our strat as well, so getting that might be worth the fact that it's your alt.
    Picking up bats might be frustrating to other tanks but pally should have least problem, as long as destro locks etc don't land their out-of-control aoe before you pull aggro. I just throw down LH in group when bats are coming, all those healing and aoe should generate enough threat to pull aggro (like Tortos...), and we have 2 hunters MD to help. And I pop my HA then to maintain a long enough mitigation and EF so that I didn't really feel any more damage than the end of first P1.