Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Alterac Valley Changes (Finally!)

Well, since there isn't really a topic on this, I decided to make one myself.

So for those who didn't see the front page about the changes, I'd suggest for you to go to the front page and check it out.

For discussion's sake, what does everyone think about the changes, and do you think they will do their intent?

I don't play pvp often but I don't really feel like more health and damage along with immunity to some spells is that much of a change, I mean I guess it could extend the games a bit but I don't see it as anything too impressive.

They haven't been updated since the launch of the expansion, our scaling is stupid and these mobs are super weak compared to us now. Highly doubt that it will stop people from zerg rushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    might suck for the horde. i know they like to go in with 2 towers up. though with the increased stats on pvp gear it might just be the same.

I haven't done AV or Isle since black listing bgs was put in. I can't stand the zerg AV and I don't think this will stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh no, drek's immune to my disarm lol, no more zerg with 10-20 sec left on towers
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

You will still be able to zerg it. Unless they change it so the general 2 shots multiple people with some sort of cleave if galv/balinda are still alive.

I remember when we used to summon Lokholar in AV, and send in the air units, and the cavalry to win AV
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I see nothing about making it less imbalanced in favor of Alliance, so I see no reason to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I see nothing about making it less imbalanced in favor of Alliance, so I see no reason to care.
    Yup. Going to stay blacklisted for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed it but what exactly are these changes that are going to balance AV for the Horde more?

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    That discussion honestly has nothing to do with this, and I made a topic on that a while back, so feel free to post on it.

Just a health boost since it hasn't been increased all expansion (plus the new PVP gear is 550)

well.. what exactly isnt balanced in av?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... It's a start at least. Now they just need to bring back the density of NPCs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    well.. what exactly isnt balanced in av?
    He'll prattle off a whole list of things that are no longer relevant like "oh well the bridge..." Yeah, when was the last time a match was decided by a team fight on the bridge? Horde don't even try, and they lose. And instead of comprehending this, it must CERTAINLY be a case of "Alliance are favored so heavily that by being in the very BG, the Horde are afflicted."

At any rate... hopefully they fixed the bugs with summoning Ivus. As it stands now, if any of the druids even get smacked during the summoning process, they bug out and don't summon him.

I'm going to do it one day...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    IF and I repeat IF these changes are significant enough to end the rush tactic, it would balance somewhat even out between the two factions, as a lot of the advantage Alliance has at the moment, is only for rush play. That said, I doubt the changes will be even remotely big enough.

i doubt they will make significant enough changes

10+ Year Old Account
    The health boost isn't anywhere near enough to account for the close-to-100 ilvl boost seen since the start of MoP, and does not account for IoC changes.

AV died the moment they started nerfing the number of NPCs. Hopefully WoD pvp zone will be similar to classic AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

forever blacklisted im afraid. Glad the newer maps seem more even.

AV stays blacklisted until Blizzard decides to give the Horde some love - the imbalance is gross.