Thread: Veteran Bonus

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Veteran Bonus

It seems that we may have one !

Taken from the latest PTR patch : CHARACTER_UPGRADE_NO_VETERAN_BONUS - No Veteran Bonus

What could it be ?

EDIT : CHARACTER_UPGRADE_PROFESSION_BOOST - |cff00ff00Veteran Bonus:|r |cffffffffLevel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary professions.|r

10+ Year Old Account
    1k gold every other month. That's my silly answer. No idea what it really means
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, maybe better gear to start out with? More gold starting out with? Who knows

Edit: Found this
    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_PROFESSION_BOOST - |cff00ff00Veteran Bonus:|r |cffffffffLevel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary professions.

Deleted
    OP edited. Looks like a profession skill bonus

If the character you are boosting is level 60 or higher, the primary professions are boosted as well.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what kind of Veteran Bonus' they could give us.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First, love your avatar.
    Second, here's my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_NO_VETERAN_BONUS - No Veteran Bonus
    Upgrade. We know of only one upgrade right now, the 90 upgrade.

Could be you can only purchase additional 90s after you hit "veteran" status.

EDIT : CHARACTER_UPGRADE_PROFESSION_BOOST - |cff00ff00Veteran Bonus:|r |cffffffffLevel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary professions.|r
    So you upgrade an existing character, not make a new one at level 90. And you have to be over level 60 to get professions boosted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It appears it's for a boosted character over level 60 and seems to increase the professions. Thats what I gathered from the strings, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post
    It appears it's for a boosted character over level 60 and seems to increase the professions. Thats what I gathered from the strings, at least.
    I think we're looking at two seperate strings that are both relating to the 90 boost. One for this "veteran" thing, one for professions.

I doubt Blizz would require Veteran Status AND level 60 for upgraded professions. Either or suffices to block gold farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think we're looking at two seperate strings that are both relating to the 90 boost. One for this "veteran" thing, one for professions.

I doubt Blizz would require Veteran Status AND level 60 for upgraded professions. Either or suffices to block gold farmers.
    Veteran Status simply means you're over level 60. Basically, your bonus for only gaining 30 or fewer levels via the boost is to also get your professions boosted as well.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yay...
    It's time already for veteran rewards!

Yay, my Warrior is exactly 60! She's definitely getting the boost now if I get free professions out of it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Veteran Status simply means you're over level 60. Basically, your bonus for only gaining 30 or fewer levels via the boost is to also get your professions boosted as well.
    Do we know this? Has a blue said it?

Because when I hear veteran I think "someone that's played for x years"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Yay, my Warrior is exactly 60! She's definitely getting the boost now if I get free professions out of it.
    I'm not sure who I'll boost now. 68 Shaman seems too high to boost. I'd rather boost something close to 60 (level them to 60, boost them from there)

- - - Updated - - -

So yeah, strings reveal veteran bonus IS level 60.

Blizz, I am very VERY disappoint.

Deleted
    It's only the first patch, let's wait until the official blue post before jumping to conclusions.

A REAL veteran bonus related to how many years you have been playing, or based on how much of it was active, or whatever, is something I could really get behind.

It would do well to keep player retention high(er).

The profession thing makes sense, so I would hardly call it a bonus, nor call a level 60 a veteran (When you factor in boost to 90), but that's just nitpicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    A REAL veteran bonus related to how many years you have been playing, or based on how much of it was active, or whatever, is something I could really get behind.

It would do well to keep player retention high(er).

The profession thing makes sense, so I would hardly call it a bonus, nor call a level 60 a veteran (When you factor in boost to 90), but that's just nitpicking.
    I'd like it if you were a veteran after playing a year. And they use it to gate certain things (like profession boosts and purchasing 90s).

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt blizzard would do anything like that...they prefer to add special offers for new/ returning players rather than current ones >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I doubt blizzard would do anything like that...they prefer to add special offers for new/ returning players rather than current ones >.<
    Actually they have said they do acknowledge the argument for rewards for veteran players. So it is on their minds.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why you think that veteran is level 60. Level 60 is nothing, just 2-3 days playing. I have 12 chars 90 level and bunch of lower, 2 acc, almost all years playing, and canot see some kid who play 3 days to be veteran

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 - veteran bonus only applies to accounts that have been active since vanilla started with no breakes whatsoever^^