Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Base resil to 77%, Battle fatigue to 65%, which classes will that favor?

    It's on the front page already, pvp values have been adjusted on the PTR for the new season.

    Will that in your opinion change the current balance?

  2. #2
    Classes that rely on offhealing for survivability; Enh shams, ret palys, WW monks, Feral druids, shadow priests, ele shams will be taking a pretty big hit some more so than others. While Classes like warriors and mages will just get better being based around mitigating damage or avoiding it.

  3. #3
    Dear god, I hope you are not using this toon in WoD. Holinka already stated that resilience will be eventually be removed....

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/01/10/wa...igue-eliminat/

    For just a season? Meh, just do what you can...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Classes that rely on offhealing for survivability; Enh shams, ret palys, WW monks, Feral druids, shadow priests, ele shams will be taking a pretty big hit some more so than others. While Classes like warriors and mages will just get better being based around mitigating damage or avoiding it.

    This pretty much.

    Though nothing being done about enhance burst + the itemlevel increase means they'll be deadly. It won't make hybrids much less viable but their scaling of self healing is noticeably effected.

  5. #5
    I think of all hybrids ferals will be the least affected, and boomkins/shadows/eles the most. Probably monk will stay about the same.

  6. #6
    I'm not really sure why healing will get reduced by 23%, while damage is getting reduced by 17%. Damage already feels way too high in arena, compared with healing. Unless healing scales a lot harder than damage, which it doesn't, I don't see why they're nerfing it harder.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I'm not really sure why healing will get reduced by 23%, while damage is getting reduced by 17%. Damage already feels way too high in arena, compared with healing. Unless healing scales a lot harder than damage, which it doesn't, I don't see why they're nerfing it harder.
    People in this thread tent not to see that relative ilvl increase is lower than it was from s13-14 meaning that dps will do slightly less burst and healers will do slightly less healing.

    Really minimal though.

  8. #8
    It's entire direct buff to pure DPS classes (Warrior, Hunter, DK) and healers and another huge nerf to hybrids.

    Already bad Rets with more Battle Fatigue increase are gonna be completely unplayable.

  9. #9
    Yea.. poor you that can acutally heal... will cry a tear for you precious whine.

  10. #10
    Of course - Hunter. Was expecting such post from Hunter and Warrior.

    Whole MoP was your expansion.

  11. #11
    Warriors and DK aren't pure dps class...
    The change will benefit more to FoTM clases os MoP, warriors and hunters. More dmg mitigation.

  12. #12
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    828
    Yay. More battle fatigue.... just... yay...

  13. #13
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Of course - Hunter. Was expecting such post from Hunter and Warrior.

    Whole MoP was your expansion.
    Last Season didn't happen then? How quickly people forget. By your logic I guess Mages/Locks/Rogues shouldnt get to play at all until 2 expansions down the line for being OP for all of TBC, Wrath, and Cata, and part of MoP?

    The class most hurt by this will be DKs. A simple damage buff (10% str) took them from barely working to strong in Arena, now the damage will swing back the other way.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Yea.. poor you that can acutally heal... will cry a tear for you precious whine.
    Yeah can heal with my 24k healing surge after getting parried 9/10 storm strikes and finally built 5 maelstrom stacks to out heal that pet auto attack crit.

    Or on my feral druid after getting my Rip parried so much i get energy capped for several seconds to heal for 25k.

    Or sacrifice my damage on my ret paladin to WoG myself for 25k.

    You want to talk about healing? Your passive 3% heal is on par with my healing tide totem which has a limited duration and a 3min cd. But hey i can fall back on my insane CC and above average defensive ability right?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Yeah can heal with my 24k healing surge after getting parried 9/10 storm strikes and finally built 5 maelstrom stacks to out heal that pet auto attack crit.

    Or on my feral druid after getting my Rip parried so much i get energy capped for several seconds to heal for 25k.

    Or sacrifice my damage on my ret paladin to WoG myself for 25k.

    You want to talk about healing? Your passive 3% heal is on par with my healing tide totem which has a limited duration and a 3min cd. But hey i can fall back on my insane CC and above average defensive ability right?
    ele/lock/druid wins blizzcon, but hunters are fotm.

    yaspresent tournament had wmd/rmd for finals, not even a hunter team made it into semi finals, but of course, hunters are fotm.

    there are more mages/rogues/shaman/wars than hunters in the top 100 3s/5s ladder, but of course, hunters are still fotm, people apparently havent figured it out yet.

    so.. what game are you guys playing? because i sure as hell don't seem to be playing the same game.

    oh and what's this about getting parried and stuff. are we even talking about hunters, because hunters cant parry. blame the hunter though because some warrior/dk parried 90% of your damage.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Melubyou View Post
    ele/lock/druid wins blizzcon, but hunters are fotm.

    yaspresent tournament had wmd/rmd for finals, not even a hunter team made it into semi finals, but of course, hunters are fotm.

    there are more mages/rogues/shaman/wars than hunters in the top 100 3s/5s ladder, but of course, hunters are still fotm, people apparently havent figured it out yet.

    so.. what game are you guys playing? because i sure as hell don't seem to be playing the same game.

    oh and what's this about getting parried and stuff. are we even talking about hunters, because hunters cant parry. blame the hunter though because some warrior/dk parried 90% of your damage.
    Please read thoroughly what i said and the person i quoted said before attempting to respond.

  17. #17
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,467
    Yay. The cookie cutter 3v3 comps with warriors and hunters will be even more unstoppable.

    Nice to see their blanket fixes are going to be buffing the already OP as fuck flavor of the month classes.
    Or should I say flavor of the year?

    This last season is what is going to make it or break it for me.
    I play WoW primarily for PVP now days, and if they can't show me they take it seriously, then I'll be getting the fuck off of this sinking ship.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Melubyou View Post
    ele/lock/druid wins blizzcon, but hunters are fotm.

    yaspresent tournament had wmd/rmd for finals, not even a hunter team made it into semi finals, but of course, hunters are fotm.

    there are more mages/rogues/shaman/wars than hunters in the top 100 3s/5s ladder, but of course, hunters are still fotm, people apparently havent figured it out yet.

    so.. what game are you guys playing? because i sure as hell don't seem to be playing the same game.

    oh and what's this about getting parried and stuff. are we even talking about hunters, because hunters cant parry. blame the hunter though because some warrior/dk parried 90% of your damage.
    don't think you understand what FOTM means, just because multi rank 1 players played their main class while it was strong and won a tournament or two doesn't change the fact that this is been a very favorable expansion for hunters in pvp.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Melubyou View Post
    ele/lock/druid wins blizzcon, but hunters are fotm.

    yaspresent tournament had wmd/rmd for finals, not even a hunter team made it into semi finals, but of course, hunters are fotm.

    there are more mages/rogues/shaman/wars than hunters in the top 100 3s/5s ladder, but of course, hunters are still fotm, people apparently havent figured it out yet.

    so.. what game are you guys playing? because i sure as hell don't seem to be playing the same game.

    oh and what's this about getting parried and stuff. are we even talking about hunters, because hunters cant parry. blame the hunter though because some warrior/dk parried 90% of your damage.
    BC tournament wasn't played with this season's setup/changes, was it? I didn't watch it, havn't since I wasted 40 odd minutes of my life watching a S8 BC game, but I' assume it wasn't played with 5.4's changes.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  20. #20
    How can people complain about more Battle Fatigue as a hotfix until MoP? Every game is a 15 mins one and healer mana is never an issue. If anything, dampening should be applied straight out of the gates

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •