Dishonorable PvP (Bring it Back)

Does anyone else miss the old school vanilla days when Dishonorable PvP had it's consequences? I know this is a mixed topic for a lot of people, but i'm going to discuss the unfortunate and all too common situation where the level 90s like to spend their time farming lower level players in contested zones. Now before you go all "Omg scrub PvP on a PvP server QQ moar#yolo #swag" Hear me out: Yes. it happens all the time. Whether you do it to other players, or your new Pandaren Monk just got steamrolled by somebody 50 levels higher than you while you were trying to quest. We can't stop it. You either deal with it and enjoy your corpse runs, or you log onto your level 90 and go show that scumbag how to PvP.

Just to be clear: This is not a thread that I made to whine and complain about how my low level character gets farmed on a pvp server. We all see enough of that in the general chat. I am simply sharing my idea, and i'm curious to see if anyone else agrees on this topic.

That being said: I was thinking there should be a Dishonorable PvP System set up in contested zones on PvP servers. So lets say some level 90 player decides that he wants to be cute and go farm lower level players who are trying to do their quests. Well, every time he kills a lower level player such as people who are 'Worth No honor points' he gets a debuff that carries through all zones, and can only be diminished with time. The more Honorless Players the high level would kill, the more stacks the debuff would accumulate, and the longer the duration.

Now for the details of the Debuff: I was thinking that while the debuff is active. The Dishonorable player would receive X amount of increased damage from other players. And of course, the more the stacks, the more the damage taken is increased. Now this of course would only apply for world PVP, as the debuff would not be carried into any Arenas, RBGS, or regular battlegrounds, but would be returned to the player to finish it's remaining duration upon leaving any type of Arena and or battleground. Any player with the debuff would also be unable to unflag themselves from PvP in their own faction specific territories until the debuff is diminished. Players will not receive the debuff for killing lower level players in cities (I.e Orgrimmar, Stormwind) as many low levels would die just as collateral.
    The debuff is ment to be carried around as a mark of shame so that everyone will know who the scumbag players are that deserve to be killed while out farming lower levels, or even just out doing their dailies.

To be honest. I have not put a tremendous amount of thought into this as I only came up with this idea a few hours ago, but feel free to comment with any other details you think that could be added to this.

And if you think that this idea is just completely absurd, that's okay too. Thanks for reading.

One last thing: I know some of you say that killing lower levels is still PvP regardless. But let's get real. Flying around a low level zone for hours on end one shotting lower level players and the NPC's they need to turn their quests in isin't PVP, It's Griefing. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by xRBZ90; 2014-01-25 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzard has repeatedly shown that they don't care about high levels killing low levels so it is unlikely to change.
    Personally I don't see the fun in 1 shotting a player that has no way of defending themself

Does anyone else miss the old school vanilla days when Dishonorable PvP had it's consequences?
    What? There was no dishonorable consequence for killing low level players in Vanilla. It was only for killing civillian NPCs like inkeepers etc.

You mean dishonorable kills like in vanilla, when you got a honor punishment after killing a flagged NPC? It would be totally awesome if they would return that.

PVP would be much fairer if they would stop killing those nasty NPCs!

I never specified that there were consequences for killing other players. I am simply saying that consequences for killing other players could be added.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha i almost forgot about that system existed...couldent get more then leuntenant rank coz i was noob...

It would be even better if this debuff would be accountwide.

Edit: Also its duration should be paused when the player is in a sanctuary or in an instanced area in wich he can't be attacked or is logged out.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2014-01-25 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    It would be even better if this debuff would be accountwide.
    I agree. That way people couldn't just keep switching toons to avoid the accumulating penalty.

I used to play an MMO that had a rediculous dishonorable PvP system. After a certain number of PK's, your name would change to red and you'd have a chance of dropping equipped gear if you were killed by another player. If you kept PKing, your name would turn black and you had a higher chance of dropping gear and could be attacked without consequence in towns, too.
    It would take time (logged-in time, not offline) for your name to clear.

Imagine that in WoW.

Thinking about it. How about no duration at all. If killing any player in open world pvp (not including areas like wintergrasp or tol barad (there may be a solution needed for bruning crusade world pvp areas)) there should be gained 1 stack of this debuff increasing the damage taken by enemy players by 1%. The only way to lose stacks is being killed by an enemy player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik617 View Post
    I used to play an MMO that had a rediculous dishonorable PvP system. After a certain number of PK's, your name would change to red and you'd have a chance of dropping equipped gear if you were killed by another player. If you kept PKing, your name would turn black and you had a higher chance of dropping gear and could be attacked without consequence in towns, too.

Imagine that in WoW.
    I think I know a similar game mechanic from another game. Very effective. Also a really good way to show how badass in pvp you are when running around with a deep red or black name.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik617 View Post

Imagine that in WoW.
    You wouldn't happen to be talking about Ultima Online would you? Cause that worked pretty much the same way. And when you died, Anyone could take every piece of gear and every bit of gold off of your corpse unless you could return to it on time to retrieve your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by xRBZ90 View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be talking about Ultima Online would you? Cause that worked pretty much the same way. And when you died, Anyone could take every piece of gear and every bit of gold off of your corpse unless you could return to it on time to retrieve your gear.
    No, but I remember that too. How funny to just camp regular PvP spots and wait for someone to drop their gear, loot it, and then sell it back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    Thinking about it. How about no duration at all. If killing any player in open world pvp (not including areas like wintergrasp or tol barad (there may be a solution needed for bruning crusade world pvp areas)) there should be gained 1 stack of this debuff increasing the damage taken by enemy players by 1%. The only way to lose stacks is being killed by an enemy player.

I think I know a similar game mechanic from another game. Very effective. Also a really good way to show how badass in pvp you are when running around with a deep red or black name.
    That's not a terrible idea. But I was thinking more along the lines of You get a 30 minute debuff that stacks by another 30 minutes for every honorless player you kill. The duration of the debuff can stack indefinitely while the increased damage you take from players can cap out at 110%
    And like Shardik617 said where the debuff would only diminish for time logged in, not time logged out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you said contested zones. it would be unfair if it was setup in the cities to. Attacking appropriate level players only to have low levels run up into your aoe just to stack the debuff. I like the idea of having debuff. There needs to be a system of discipline for griefers. I dont like the idea that you could lose your top tier or arena gear but I suppose you deserve it if all you do is go around and grief low level players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it to be implemented but at the same time I think city guards should be gradually nerfed (especially their stealth detection!) and their amount lowered to bring city assaults and stealth missions back.

Also, flying in home zones (where all major faction cities are) must be prohibited.

High levels killing low levels is bad; but also, OP packs of guards totally ruining wpvp and city sieges are as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Glad you said contested zones. it would be unfair if it was setup in the cities to. Attacking appropriate level players only to have low levels run up into your aoe just to stack the debuff. I like the idea of having debuff. There needs to be a system of discipline for griefers. I dont like the idea that you could lose your top tier or arena gear but I suppose you deserve it if all you do is go around and grief low level players.
    Yeah, nobody will lose their gear no matter how much griefing they've done. That was just mentioned in another MMO that had that system.

As for faction cities. I agree. If a player was killing lower levels in a contested zone, the debuff would still follow players into any and all cities. But a player will not receive a debuff, nor would already existing debuffs stack if they were fighting in a Major faction city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I don't like this. Keep it the way it is. This is how I see it... if someone wants to gank my low leveled character, they can deal w/ me when I hop on my main and farm them. I don't mind world PvP and something like your idea would only push people away. You don't want to give players more reason not to go out and gank... killing lowbies is part of world PvP, by pissing off the player, he might go on his main and engage you in some open world PvP.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Nope, I don't like this. Keep it the way it is. This is how I see it... if someone wants to gank my low leveled character, they can deal w/ me when I hop on my main and farm them. I don't mind world PvP and something like your idea would only push people away. You don't want to give players more reason not to go out and gank... killing lowbies is part of world PvP, by pissing off the player, he might go on his main and engage you in some open world PvP.
    You're acting like farming low level players is the only kind of world PvP there is. And if people feel that way. Then that's exactly why a system like this should be in place. There are plenty of other instances of world PvP that can be encountered that don't involve griefing other players until you force them onto other characters. Yeah, It's still part of world pvp. But that is exactly why it's called 'Dishonorable PvP'

Deleted
    death to the horde , doesn't matter what lvl they are !!!

Wouldn't really stop me from occasionally going over to Org and killing anything in sight including lowbies