Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    My best advice would be to branch out. Listen to other genres that you might not have listened to before. I say you should definitely check out some Prog bands like Devin Townsend, Porcupine Tree, Flower Kings, and Transatlantic. Also, never listen to just one genre. Try to keep it interesting and jump around. One thing that sucks when it comes to music and being burned out on different bands, at least for me. I say you should go to YouTube and search up and listen to the full album of Devin Townsend's Ziltoid the Omnicient or Deconstruction if you want to listen to something a little more heavy. Or whatever. I hope you don't give up on music just yet! There's always good listenin' out there.

Ill tell you something that was a beautiful find for me. I am so tired of radio stations. The only rock station we get here they have the shortest most repetitive playlist ever. Download iheartradio on yer phone or w/e. I wanted to listen to more german rock like rammstein but not them cause im burned out on them also. But i keep a note pad with me when im sittin at my pc and I write down all the songs/artists I like. I have heard so much good music that is up to 10years old that I would never have heard of otherwise. If you pick a mainstream band you are gona be listening to the same shit you have been for years but if youfind someone good but not a big wig name make a station off that artist. I have heard so many good songs. "Eisbrecher" is the 'station' i listen to.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Am I the only one who never does this? After my discovery of Iron Maiden 10ish years ago (21 atm, which sparked my interest in music, I have never really "forgotten" certain bands or "grown out of" bands like many ppl seem to do. I hear ppl talking about bands they "used to listen to back in the day" as something bad.

Yes, I have discovered VERY much since then, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop listening to whatever I listened to before (random radio pop and MTV stuff you listened to befored discovering an actul interest for music, doesn't count).
    I'm with you. The first cassette tape I ever owned was Dark Side of the Moon. The first CD was Dark Side of the Moon. The first MP3 was...you guessed it...Dark Side of the Moon. I've been listening to floyd since I was old enough to realize I was listening to music. Now, sometimes I will go months without listening to them, but I will still break out Piper at the Gates of Dawn and love the shit out of it. I don't listen to them every day, but when I do it reminds me of why I love them.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Am I the only one who never does this? After my discovery of Iron Maiden 10ish years ago (21 atm, which sparked my interest in music, I have never really "forgotten" certain bands or "grown out of" bands like many ppl seem to do. I hear ppl talking about bands they "used to listen to back in the day" as something bad.

Yes, I have discovered VERY much since then, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop listening to whatever I listened to before (random radio pop and MTV stuff you listened to befored discovering an actul interest for music, doesn't count).
    Usually happens with the music that some people listen to when they're trying to figure out their tastes. My mum has always played nothing but 80s>modern pop, so I spent most of my childhood/early teenage years only knowing pop music. As I started to become more independant with my music tastes I branched out through certain genres/artists that fit more with the tastes that had formed from growing up with pop music, and as my tastes matured those particular genres/artists just didn't continue to suit my tastes at all. I don't forget about them and don't always think of them as a 'bad thing', but I know that I can't really bring myself to enjoy them anymore.

If you're raised in a fairly open music environment then you're more likely to stick with your earlier choices, but if you're someone who had to transition from extremely shallow > deep/wide then it's completely normal.

There's also the whole thing about music and personality, some music is more appealing when you're in a particular state of mind, and your state of mind can change over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Orchestra music ftw this isnt bad either
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    I simply can't imagine not listening to music. Reading is something I go through phases with; or movies; or TV shows; even gaming. But music is like breathing to me.

In its highest form music can be great art... start approaching music as art instead of something that gives quick satisfaction. Invest a little in getting to know new music.... and where better to start than classical music. There you will find many of the greatest artistic creations of mankind. All you need is patience and a good ear.