Proof there's a liberal media.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/01/24...g-it-taxpayers

You would think in our current situation that any kind of results like this would be at the very least reported. This is great news and it should be praised. Thanks to Scott walkers " conservative" reforms like de-emphasizing the role of unions in the state Wisconsin has a 1 billion dollar surplus and he's giving that surplus back to the people in the form of tax cuts.

So because a budget surplus in Wisconsin didn't make international headlines, that proves there's some sinister liberal media agenda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Purely political move:

Let’s be clear: Wisconsin’s $991 million “surplus” was built on historic cuts to our public schools and local governments, and was made possible by kicking thousands off of BadgerCare. We should use this surplus to reinvest in the very cornerstones of our society: our schools, our local governments and our neighbors who need health care. But the governor is ignoring the glaring needs of Wisconsin families to hand out a small tax break, which will make a negligible difference in our pocketbooks.

This tax break will, however, make a big difference in Walker’s structural deficit, adding $100 million to his already $725 million deficit. That’s nothing compared to the debt payments Wisconsin is making this biennium, which are the highest on record. Under Gov. Walker, our bonded indebtedness is at the highest level in state history.
    Maybe it's not so great, that's why media isn't talking much about it yet. Oh, and:

MADISON — Democratic legislative leaders asked Gov. Scott Walker during a private meeting Tuesday to use a $977 million budget surplus to eliminate a projected deficit and spend more on education and job training programs.

Walker didn’t reveal what he was going to propose during his State of the State speech Wednesday night, Assembly Democratic Leader Peter Barca and Senate Democratic Leader Chris Larson said during a conference call.

Walker, a Republican up for re-election in November and eyeing a 2016 presidential bid, has said he wants to tap the surplus to provide income and property tax relief. The state’s surplus surged by $912 million under new estimates released last week, setting off a frenzy in the Capitol among those hoping to get some of it.
    - - - Updated - - -

Yeah this is where the money's coming from, by the way:

Before any tax cuts, Democrats want to restore cuts Walker and Republicans made to public schools and technical colleges, reduce $2 billion in additional bond spending, and lower ongoing spending commitments that create the $725 million shortfall in 2015.
    Edit: The bill won't be brought up until February 11th

- - - Updated - - -

And fox news proclaims it's a miracle.

Deleted
    Flash news: Politicians are assholes and the media is in on it. More at 11.

PPPPRRRROOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF congrats!!!!!!! You did it!!!!! You found the proof of a liberal media!!!!!!! After all these years YOU fellow MMO poster, YOU did it!!!!! I want your baby juice on my face!!!!!

And when Texas had a worse per-capita budget deficit than california, did you hear anything about it? No, all you heard in the media was California's huge budget deficit.

Liberal media my ass.

These are corporations with shareholders. They have different strategies to maximize profits. For instance, fox news isn't right wing because there's some big conspiracy where the GOP controls fox news. Instead, it was a business decision to make fox news the right wing source to corner that demographic.

MSNBC is attempting the same with the left (although with less sucess).

CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, they just go after what stories generate ratings.

Why? Because they have shareholders.

Makes me laugh how much right-wingers don't know how market capitalism works.

Well done, you've realised that the media is biased.

Don't forget that both sides are represented though.

As opposed to paying down the debt his own budget increased or saving for a rainy day fund like a real fiscal conservative.

More like proof Scott Walker is an idiotic hypocrite.

Typical idiot in charge in Wisconsin. You have a surplus now but a projected deficit in 2015. Why not either save it to keep from running that deficit or reinvest where it will pay off down the road?

Noooooo, gotta give it away. $150 per family is peanuts. Watch what happens ... when that projected deficit hits will taxes go back up? Nope, just more cuts to services for the poor. Mark my words.

this only seems to be proof that the media is conservative

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    These are corporations with shareholders. They have different strategies to maximize profits. For instance, fox news isn't right wing because there's some big conspiracy where the GOP controls fox news. Instead, it was a business decision to make fox news the right wing source to corner that demographic.
    I thought it was the other way around, that FOX News controls the GOP? (It's a joke, not an actual conspiracy theory. You're correct, FOX is right-wing because that's where it has built a market, plain and simple.)
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2014-01-25 at 05:20 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Since when is it ok for people to listen to fox news and msnbc for news?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Since when is it ok for people to listen to fox news and msnbc for news?

Unfortunately there isn't a single Newstation anywhere that isn't completely biased, and between Fox News and MSNBC I rather watch Fox. MSNBC is pretty disgusting with their personal attacks, not that Fox isn't but the early morning news tend to be just news for the most part.

My personal favorite is CBS with Bob Schieffer or Charles Osgood.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Unfortunately there isn't a single Newstation anywhere that isn't completely biased, and between Fox News and MSNBC I rather watch Fox. MSNBC is pretty disgusting with their personal attacks, not that Fox isn't but the early morning news tend to be just news for the most part.

Almost all TV news is sensationalist garbage made for old people who are retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    this only seems to be proof that the media is conservative
    Fox calling media liberal...never

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post

anything positive about reuters?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need conspiracy theory threads about how biased "the media" is, as if they were a single thing with one mind.