Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Print a dildo and go fuck yourself!

Naw, just kidding, happy birthday mother fucker!
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-11 at 08:29 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Wow. 18th birthday?

Well anyway, think of things as people have suggested that could add an extra income, not that you need it.. apparently...

Like, maybe consider starting a small little side business designing engraved cups with designs and names and artwork on it and selling them on etsy or the farmer's market or something? Or have a local artist put together something for you that you can use to make figurines and sculptures or something? I don't know. I mean there's a lot of potential. Did he get this because you suggested it or showed interest in it meaning you already had an idea of what you wanted to do with it? Did he get this because he wanted to mess around with it and figured it was a good excuse to give such a crazy gift to somebody for their 18th birthday?

I think I might have gotten some scratch off tickets and a little bit of extra money for my 18th birthday? l...o...l..
    Well, I've always talked about how cool I think technology is and 3d-printers have surely come up every now and then. I'm also studying in the field of robotics so that may be a reason. He can barely maneuver a computer so I doubt he bought it for himself. I do however expect a print request or two :P

You have probably misunderstood the cost of the printer by the way, it's not too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by FlexecuteBE View Post
    LOL A 3D printer for a 18 year old on their birthday, pretty stupid present

Maybe you could print of a car or something useful
    yeh why give a kid a present that can hone skills that will be highly valuable in years to come when you can get him a car.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I was about to say there's so many negative people that ought to be happy for this kid getting such an interesting and enviable gift, but then I realized making a thread about getting a 3D printer for your 18th birthday had absolutely no chance of not being flamed on a video game forum. I now realize this was a brilliant and sneaky troll; the post was the bait, and these haters are mere victims of a particularly insidious trap. Well played OP, well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Sex toys. Definitely sex toys.
    Definitely sex toys indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    I was about to say there's so many negative people that ought to be happy for this kid getting such an interesting and enviable gift, but then I realized making a thread about getting a 3D printer for your 18th birthday had absolutely no chance of not being flamed on a video game forum. I now realize this was a brilliant and sneaky troll; the post was the bait, and these haters are mere victims of a particularly insidious trap. Well played OP, well played.

Yeah that image was not his own, i think you may be right, and this is a nice attempt to troll'lol away.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Definitely sex toys indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that image was not his own, i think you may be right, and this is a nice attempt to troll'lol away.
    Of course the image isn't mine, it's a picture from Google I used because some people wanted to know the print-space. How is this a troll? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Make me a Night Elf Glaive! (Just like the one in the crest)
    Wandered through this thread looking for ideas, and thought I'd throw this out; my 3D printer is currently printing the most night-elvish glaive I could find in Wow Model Viewer
    Last edited by Knough; 2014-02-14 at 07:04 PM.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Print prosthetic limb's and sell them for 50% of the current market value, you will make a huge $$$ profit + will help people that cant afford the more expensive ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Print a second 3D printer.

10+ Year Old Account
    3d printer is pretty useless. Well, you'll find out it shortly yourself

At first I printed tons of useless garbage, spent hundreds $ on cartridges, but now it's just standing there doing nothing

People usually start with statuettes of the characters they like. Just download something that attracts you and print it.

Atm 3d printer is just plasticine for grow-ups