Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Nah, what I do in-game doesn't carry any self-respect consequences like it does for that crowd of people who think because they can do something challenging in a game, that they are better than those that can't, and then get all burnt up over having a watered-down version for people who want the story more than the challenge, by taking it as an affront to their wow-manhood.

If you can manage those difficulties, because you are good, or have the time, or that's what gets you off - good on you. But when you feel a persistent need to attack and insult people who cannot or choose not to do as you do, it just reveals your weaknesses and insecurities - not theirs.

Have a good one
    You should write a book. You tell such fascinating stories.

I don't believe the fight lasted 90 minutes for one fight. Maybe in total to get the boss down after a bunch of wipes and people doing that cannon afk thing, but not for one fight.

The length of the fight is obviously an exaggeration, but your point is that the person in the cannon was preventing you from completing the encounter.
    This sucks to hear, but as many people suggested could have been solved easily by reporting him.
    If all other 24 people reported him he probably would have immediately had action taken against him. Otherwise, you just intentionally wipe the encounter and kick him. Very simple solutions, and absolutely no reason to spend more than 10 minutes on it.

Once you realize he is griefing, instruct a wipe, and remove him.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I don't believe the fight lasted 90 minutes for one fight. Maybe in total to get the boss down after a bunch of wipes and people doing that cannon afk thing, but not for one fight.
    I dunno, I managed to bug garrosh trash a few weeks back. It took the raid a good 45 minutes to actually reset it due to people leaving, running back and zoning in. I went to eat breakfast while they dealt with it. Nobody noticed I was the one who dragged it all the way to the door either. Most people in LFR have terrible observational skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post

Once you realize he is griefing, instruct a wipe, and remove him.
    It is LFR, do you expect players to listen to sound advice or pay attention to raid chat during a fight? Even then some players could have been curious to see how long it would drag out while others just being oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I dunno, I managed to bug garrosh trash a few weeks back. It took the raid a good 45 minutes to actually reset it due to people leaving, running back and zoning in. I went to eat breakfast while they dealt with it. Nobody noticed I was the one who dragged it all the way to the door either. Most people in LFR have terrible observational skills.
    That's not the same as a boss, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It is LFR, do you expect players to listen to sound advice or pay attention to raid chat during a fight? Even then some players could have been curious to see how long it would drag out while others just being oblivious.
    I've never tested it, but I'm sure there's SOME way to reset galakras.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Yes absolutely, especially given the circumstances. LFR is widely misunderstood as being comprised of people who are not only dumb but blind. While I recognize it often has less-than-savory participants, if you were fighting the same boss for "90 minutes" don't you thing people would start paying attention and trying to understand why?

That is why it is blatantly obvious that this is a gross exaggeration, but either way the point stands. This is not a problem blizzard needs to be concerned with, and can be addressed very easily. Even if the other 23 players aside from you had negative IQs, eventually it will dawn on them and with some proding in chat it should be quite easy to convince an intentional wipe. There are 3 options as well, so you wouldn't find it hard.
    You can run way forward attempting to get to Juggernaut, and snipers will insta-kill you to prevent you from skipping the encounter.
    You can run up the towers and jump off. The fall will kill you.
    And you can run on the ships and dock behind the encounter's typical staging area and let the NPCs take the aggro. They will die and the encounter will end.

Once it does, you say "Kick XXXXXXX, he is greifing" and surely 5 of the other 23 will agree.

I regret to hear this happened in the game, but its time people use their brain and figure out how to deal with people, instead of just blaming LFR and Blizzard as if they don't have the tools to fix this already.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    You should write a book. You tell such fascinating stories.
    I have, working on a second, thanks

Correct course of action:

Stop tanking shit. Let NPCs die. Stop combat. Kick the dumb shit. Kill boss as normal.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.