Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    I got a shammy control deck that just lacks punch without legendaries. But I'm at the point now that most packs I get from Arena 4 or 5 cards are dusted so I'll get to legendaries in a while. I did get lucky with Leeroy jenkins in a pack which works well in my hunter and murloc deck, both decks do reasonably well. Haven't spend a dime yet.
    My shaman deck is a control build too, but it's more aggro/control, using Unbound Elemental, Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, Windspeaker, and Al'Akir as beaters. I also have 2 Doomhamers. Everything else in the deck is burn/Hex. I don't think you need any legendaries to make Shaman control deck viable (Al'Akir isn't necessary, but he's fun and harder to deal with than most other minions).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    People don't also seem to realize that legendaries are probably the weakest rarity cards in hearthstone. Only a handful of them are even playable, while the majority of them belong with kidnapper, wisp, totemic might, etc. and are stuck in the never used category.

The best cards and keystones of successful decks are almost all basics/commons/rares.
    I would argue that epics are pretty darn powerful as well. Heck, I honestly can't imagine making a Paladin deck without having some of its class epics like Sword of Justice, Avenging Wrath, or Lay on Hands. Not to mention how giants are pretty darn potent. Other than that, I agree.

Legendaries are a bit overrated. If it was possible to have 2 of each legendary I would consider them all to be too powerful, but other than that, only a couple of legendaries are actually powerful enough to be considered too powerful in my opinion.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-02-08 at 10:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People who are screaming P2W are purposely ignoring daily quest rewards and the crafting system, mostly because it doesn't help prove their point. With Daily quests I get a new pack every other day. 40 gold per day + 3 wins a day=100 gold every 2 days. 100 gold=new booster pack.

If you want a specific card you can disenchant cards to get that specific card. A lot of powerful cards are only 100 dust and thats easy to come up with. If you know you have no interest in playing druids and shaman you can canabalise those cards to get what you want and you can delete the more stupid cards that you don't want.

I got 100 games in the other day and got the achievement 'chicken dinner' and that gave me 300 gold coins which went into boosters, and there are other in game achievements to score a free booster deck or three.

You may not get the exact card you want instantly by random decks but you can make the card you want with a minor amount of effort. Buying cards really does not help you much because everything is random, you could have the best ideal deck in the world and buy hundreds of random boosters and still not get the cards you wanted. You are only quickening the rate of getting cards you don't need to build the cards.

Lots of games allow you to exchange time spent for cash, but since blizzard is doing it people are washing their panties, twisting them up and jamming them into their bums so they can complain that blizzard got the complainers panties all up in a twist and they feel like they are getting screwed.
    And you get with each booster only one rare card. Rares are the equivalent to uncommon cards in other tcg, Furthermore, if I just sell parts of my magic cards I could easily buy 4000 boosters in hearthstone and don´t own a single card afterwards because all cards are still property of activision-blizzard. I can not sell nor trade those cards. Magic cards have value beyond what they are worth in your decks. Hearthstone cards have no value at all beyond what you can do with them. You can not even trade them against other cards only destroy them for dust with ridiculous return. It is a complete different game at the deck building side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw. Would like to add that Trump has also managed to get Legendary with a free deck(on EU which is harder than US). He did it with a mage deck(which are considered one of the worst constructed classes) in only 1 week

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    You know what: legendaries can be sheeped, legendaries can be assassinated, legendaries and be hexed, legendaries can be fireballed, legendaries can be killed by creatures, legendaries don't bypass taunt, legendaries can be silenced.
    Provoking emorages aside, many legendaries are great for favorable trades. And you can't always have a countercard on hand when a legendary is played. Cairne is excellent for favorable trades. Even if silenced there's no silence that can do a 1:1 trade with it. More often than not, when Ragnaros is played, it takes out a minion before you get the chance to react. Same with Ysera and Sylvanas. Facing DK is a pain when you're the underdog and you're desperately trying to turn the game around. Pagle has grown in popularity and I've never seen him draw less than one, even if removed instantly, making for a favorable trade the norm, and one less removal for my opponent to worry about.

I don't have issues facing legendaries as long as I can give a proper response. Sometimes RNG isn't with me, but in that case it doesn't really matter if my opponent placed a legendary, or a really strong substitute (like the Ogre, or whatever). It's usually when I can't do 1:1 that I get behind, and Pagle -> Bloodhoof -> Ragnaros -> Ysera can prove to be very challenging even if I have good draws, and my opponent can back those cards up. Those games are far between though, but my point is that if you have more strong cards in your decks than I have removals, odds are in your favor, RNG and skill aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    TrumpSC just made legendary on EU servers with a free mage deck now doing it on NA servers, won't post his stream info but easily findable on twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot2 View Post
    And you get with each booster only one rare card. Rares are the equivalent to uncommon cards in other tcg, Furthermore, if I just sell parts of my magic cards I could easily buy 4000 boosters in hearthstone and don´t own a single card afterwards because all cards are still property of activision-blizzard. I can not sell nor trade those cards. Magic cards have value beyond what they are worth in your decks. Hearthstone cards have no value at all beyond what you can do with them. You can not even trade them against other cards only destroy them for dust with ridiculous return. It is a complete different game at the deck building side.
    Let me ask you how much did you spend on those cards hundreds possibly thousands of dollars, if what you say is true since supposedly you can sell parts of your deck and buy what comes out to be over 1000 dollars in HS packs. Okay well in HS I can spend zero dollars and over enough time I can get every card for free. Also the only thing is you are guaranteed one rare when in actuality you can get multiple rares and an epic or a legendary hell I have seen 2 legendaries in a single pack before. In MTG you don't get more then one anything beyond common or uncommon in a pack you have no chance beyond some factory mistake of getting more then one anything rare and up. I have 3 legendaries through arena runs Ysera, Tirion, and Onyxia and I built Grom for my Warrior deck I have spent about 20 dollars in all on the game about 4-5 arena runs and a 7 pack of cards because I wanted to. Yet in the end unlike every other TCG or CCG you never have to spend a dime to get cards so what if you can't trade them to people you aren't spending any money and I can also take all the unwanted cards and turn them into dust and build new cards. Let me ask you what did you do with your 20th, 30th, hell 50th common card copy you got from a pack either it is taking up space in a box somewhere or you threw it away. In HS I get anything past a second copy of a card dust it because I can never use it no waste at all.