Warrior Prot Tank WTB help :D

Hi there, i am new to warrior tanks, and tanks in general. I just have question, how do you guys hold aggro as a warrior? I tend to have le problem with it and lost threat, also, what do i need to have as must have stats? can someone give me advice like warrior to warrior. Thank you!

be in defensive stance. hit shield slam. hit revenge. cycle the 2 when they are up. devastate as filler. or something like that.
    shield block/barrier as active mitigation depending on the situation, and heroic strike on ultimatum procs.

cleave + thunderclap + T60 talent for aoe.

With an armory-link it would be much easier: it is a big difference if you have thread-problems while leveling or with max-level. If you don't want to show your armory-link at least it would be nice to know what level you are and what talent/glyphs you choose.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am kinda reluctant to help here. No armory. Seems not to have read stickies. And the worst of all: "le"

Anyway, OT:
    Single target: Charge, Shieldslam > Revenge > Devestate. Thunderclap ONCE every 30 seconds to keep weakened blows running. Hit Heroic Strike ONLY if it shines (-> Ultimatum). Dragon´s Roar + Bloodbath yields most damage (read: most threat) for tanks single target. Macro them.
    AoE: Charge, Thunderclap, Shieldslam > Revenge > Devestate. Use thunderclap on cooldown to spread Deep Wounds and push AoE threat. Hit Cleave ONLY if it shines (-> Ultimatum). Hit the Tab-button like a maniac. Bladestorm + Bloodbath yields THEORETICALLY most AoE damage for tanks. Practically, it doesn´t matter for 5 man instances and it doesn´t matter for trash in between bosses.

Must have stats:
    Hit 7,5% > Expertise 15% > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Crit > Haste. Adjust Stamina depending on gear. I suggest to gem for stamina in form of mixed gems until GS 510+, after that the stamina on your gear should be self sufficient.

Must have Glyphs:
    Hold the Line, Heavy Repurcussion, (optional). I suggest Unending Rage for the third glyph, it makes mitigation a tiny bit easier in the beginning until you figure out not to be rage capped.

Must have Talents:
    Double Time
    Enraged Regeneration or Impending Victory (I run with Enraged Regeneration)
    (depends on boss, I usually run with Disrupting Shout)
    Shockwave (controle) Dragon´r Roar (Single target Damage) or Bladestorm (AoE) depending on Boss
    (depending on boss, I mostly run with Vigilance)
    Bloodbath (Damage) or Stormbolt (controle, unlikely that you need it)

And now, for god´s sake, about active mitigation. I know, you didn´t ask about it. But I have the suspicion that you didn´t because you don´t know about it. Active mitigation means: Spend rage into Shieldbarrier or Shieldblock to actively mitigate incoming damage. In theory it´s simple: You can block the damage? (i.e. it´s hits from boss or adds) Use Shieldblock. You can´t block the damage? Use Shieldbarrier. IF YOU HAPPEN TO FIND YOURSELF USING THOSE TWO ABILITIES RARELY OR NOT AT ALL, TRY ANOTHER CLASS. EVERYTHING revolves around those abilities as a prot tank.

And please, read the sticky. Have fun.
    Last edited by Valech; 2014-01-26 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ection-Warrior
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/01/24/th...nd-the-basics/

If you didn't read the sticky, how do I know you'll read what I write?
    How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren´t?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.