Flex Tier pants to complete 4 set or Warforged Legs?

I just got tier pants off flex, but I am using warforged off set pants right now. Would it be better to complete for the 4 set and hold onto the pants til I get head to change it over? This is as a boomy.

I'd suggest using Catus to figure that out for yourself. It has options to let you import your character from the Armory, swap armor/gems/reforges/enchants and compare one profile to another.

That kind of a tool is useless, if it doesn't have you put in stat weights to figure it out there is no way it is more accurate than a sim, but I don't want to turn in the pants just to have them be worse, cause then I can't use them for my off spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    <3 the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I'd suggest using Catus to figure that out for yourself. It has options to let you import your character from the Armory, swap armor/gems/reforges/enchants and compare one profile to another.
    This is a Boomkin question, and unless I'm missing something, Catus is a Feral-only tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    That kind of a tool is useless, if it doesn't have you put in stat weights to figure it out there is no way it is more accurate than a sim, but I don't want to turn in the pants just to have them be worse, cause then I can't use them for my off spec.
    Catus is in fact a sim, but a sim for Ferals. It's very, very nice. It's not a hand-holding tool though. Hypothetically, if you were a Feral asking this question, you'd create one profile with each set of legs and have it compare the simed DPS with each using the 'Quick Compare' tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    *head explodes* stat weights come from sims... and how would stat weights help evaluate the strength of a set bonus?

unless you are in dire need of hitcap and your pants with all those blue sockets are doing it for you, it doesn't really matter either way. you're losing ~600 int ~50 crit and ~840 (assuming hybrid gems and that you've reforged your pants out of spirit) hit you'll have to pull from some other stat via reforges.

on my gear 600 int is worth about 4k dps.

the 4p is about a 4.3k dps increase.

in my case the sim is pretty much a total wash, so i'd stick with the higher ilvl stuff to help me get into pugs because pugs are stoopid (don't have a steady raid group atm). if i was doing progression i would take the 4p for more starsurges to help during movement dps and stuff like that.

TL;DR - download wrathcalcs and sim it yourself, all these numbers are based off my gear, not yours. your results may vary.

edit: oh you said flex, not lfr, so yeah really its no question go for the 4p
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-01-26 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysere View Post
    This is a Boomkin question, and unless I'm missing something, Catus is a Feral-only tool.
    Gah, so the OP is. Herp a derp me.

Quote Originally Posted by raffy View Post
    *head explodes* stat weights come from sims... and how would stat weights help evaluate the strength of a set bonus?
    I was under the impression that the person maintaining Catus has coded it to somewhat account for T16 2/4 sets but as OP is not a Feral/Guardian the point is moot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Gah, so the OP is. Herp a derp me.

I was under the impression that the person maintaining Catus has coded it to somewhat account for T16 2/4 sets but as OP is not a Feral/Guardian the point is moot.
    Raffy is the person who maintains Catus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysere View Post
    Raffy is the person who maintains Catus.
    Shows how much I've been following Feral this expansion. At least that'd probably make a funny quote.

haha I wish you were Feral so I could offer some advice -- sadly, I don't know much about Boomkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same issue with the helm but between an LFR set and a Flex one. I was advised to complete the 4 set with my LFR helm. Believe me it worked wonders. I believe you will turn into an SS turret once you complete the set.