Help our DK, please

Hey all,

Our Frost DK recently went to dual wielding and we were wondering if there was any input you guys could give us to help him improve. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jinthalas

Our logs from last week:
    **worldoflogs.com/reports/4meruoyjtw8c55j2/**
    **worldoflogs.com/reports/106bifffxcgcbe8f/**
    **worldoflogs.com/reports/ehqxl9z9zk3h4dnh/**

His armory:
    **us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Area-52/Deadcrafty/advanced**

2 biggest things that jump out from the armory right away are 1. hes using Unholy blight not Plague leech and 2 he doesnt have a second proffesion maxed too 600 yet.
    Unholy blight (imho) is utterly worthless for frost, unholy runes are somewhat or a plague for dw, we wanna get rid of them as quickly and easily as possible and plague strike is a good way of doing this when we need blood plague, him using UB means he's gunna have less runes for howling blast due to using oblit too bleed off UH runes.
    The second point is fairly self explanatory, he just needs to knuckle down and level his second prof.
    It also doesn't help that his other profession is mining which gives absolutely 0 bonus towards dps.

Other than that his spell usage seems okay, he has good uptimes and decent amount of AMS soaking where applicable, he uses Oblit which I personally don't like myself, much preferring a Plague Strike -> Plague Leech -> Plague strike combo every 24 seconds with DnD (assuming it will hit the target(s) for the full duration) used when I'm out of both runes and RP (which is usually very very rare) but that's more of a play style choice as far as I'm aware (there is some maths floating around on the usage of either on the forums here, but I cant remember which showed to be better).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind you I did not look at the logs, only their armory.

I'll put aside that they do not have a maxed DPS increasing profession. I'll even put aside that they're a Goblin and not an Orc (this tends to matter most only at high end raiding). But not using Plague Leech as DW Frost is unfathomable. They likely have a lot of down-time, and it can be instantly remedied by using Plague Leech. They may not be aware to use it because when they were 2H it wasn't as much of an issue, and I understand why, but as DW this isn't an option.

Another thing that stood out immediately, and something Zeeket didn't touch on, was that they are using Conversion. Conversion in a raiding environment equates to nothing but a DPS loss. Using Conversion throws out RP (which could be used on Frost Strikes/Rune Regeneration) on something that shouldn't be happening - taking unnecessary damage and trying to make up for it, which is costing your whole raid. They should be using Death Pact. This is a large heal, every two minutes, at the cost of only a GCD (unless your Ghoul is already out). If they feel that Death Pact isn't sufficient then it is either a healing problem or they are doing mechanics improperly/standing in things they shouldn't.

Other than that it seems they have about 1.50% Expertise which can be reforged out and they're even using a Expertise+Mastery gem in their off-hand (Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer), which is very strange considering the amount they already have.
    Last edited by Veszmyr; 2014-01-31 at 02:22 AM.