A couple Questions about OCing my current system.

Ok to start off I think I made a thread about this before but not quite sure what answers I got so here I go again.

I was wondering if OCing my System is worth it. At this moment in time I don't have the money to build a new system so I am trying to get as much performance out of my system as I can.

The games I am really wanting to run better is mainly AC4 Black Flag. Atm I am running it on low settings and getting around 25fps while in combat but in some area's the fps tanks to under 10.

I know AC4 has some performance problems so OCing mite not help.

My Computer Spec Is|Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA|Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit|Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 Processor 2.80ghz|RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600|Video Card: XFX 7750 Core Edition 1GB DDR5|Resolution: 1280 x 720.

I was wanting to know if OCing the processor to 3.0Ghz and OCing the Video from 800Mhz to 900Mhz and OC the momey clock on it from 1125Mhz to 1250Mhz is worth it.

The current temp on my CPU is 29C with Steam/Chrome that has 6 tabs skype and avast running. With nothing running its around 20c and with a game running like AC4 its around 41C.

My GPU temp is 45C with everything listed above running and with a game running its around 55C. The GPU fan is set to auto change on its own and normally sits at 39% speed

My Case Temp right now is 88.4F.

Hope I provided all the info needed and as I said I am just trying to get games to run slightly smoother but if it isn't worth it I won't do it. I know a bit about computers but I don't know much about OCing and if this small of a OC is worth it.

Also is there a program I can run to OC the CPU or is it best to try to do in the Bios of my CPU/Motherboard will let me.

Edit: Also to add I got a old single core desktop and I was wondering would it be best to learn about OCing on it without risking my main comp "this one"
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-26 at 04:47 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Your system is certainly capable of it, but going up 100mhz on the cpu and gpu... really won't do anything, unfortunately.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what Chazus said. Doable, but don't expect your performance to shoot up crazily
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Your system is certainly capable of it, but going up 100mhz on the cpu and gpu... really won't do anything, unfortunately.
    Well its 200Mhz on the CPU and 100Mhz on the GPU. Didn't really want to try to push it any higher because I wasn't sure if I had the cooling for it but I get your point.

Ill leave it as it is it was just a idea to get a little more juice out of my computer to last until I build the one I want. Stapped atm so building a computer is out of the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    Pretty much what Chazus said. Doable, but don't expect your performance to shoot up crazily
    Ty both for ur input like I said in my reply to Chazus it was just a idea to try to get a bit more performance out of my computer until I could upgrade. I don't think i can OC any higher without risk since my cooling isn't anything special. Atm its running a stock cool sink and around 5 80mm fans.

Edit: My questions have been answered thx for the help this thread can be closed now.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-26 at 06:27 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD