View Poll Results: Would you like a healer class which uses Dark Energy to heal?!

Voters
138. This poll is closed
  • Yes

63 45.65%
  • No

75 54.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't want a new class...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    No. Not at all . Illidan Tanked Mannoroth in Well of Eternity using a Cursed Vision and you call that PURE DPS ?! WoW means using your creativity to create spells based in Warcraft universe. I have NEVER seen Paladins healing themselves when i played Warcraft 3. NEVER. And i see them in WoW using Holy LIght to heal themselves. Holy Light was a spell which was used only to heal allies in Warcraft 3. Blizzard allowed this spell to also heal the Paladin in WoW. Paladins couldn't heal themselves in Warcraft but Blizzard allowed this in WoW and this means that if Demon Hunters can use Shadow/Fel/Flame/Arcane why not using it to heal/shield. I have NEVER seen Flash of Light spell on Warcraft but this spell is in WoW. Is all about creativity. We have the Demon Hunter concept from Warcraft why not using creativity to create a new playing style based on that ?! That would make players happy.

Fire can also heal---> Remember Cauterize of the IMP (Warlock's pet) ---> Remember Cauterize (Mage Talent)---> Remember Ember Tap(Destro Warlock Spell)
    Fire can also shield---> Remember Flame Glow (Mage Talent) ---> Molten Armor(Mage Talent)
    Shadow can also heal---> Remember Mortal Coil(Warlock Talent)---> Dark Regeneration (Warlock Talent)---> Conversion( DK talent) ---> Dark "Halo" of "The Shadow PRiests"
    Shadow can also shield---> Remember the Unending Resolve of the Warlocks ---> Remember Anti Magic Shield ( Death Knights) ----> Anti Magic Zone (Death Knights)
    Shadow can also Ressurect---> Remember Raise Ally
    Arcane can also Shield---> Mage Armor(Mage spell) ----> Incanter's Ward(Mage Talent)
    Nether is not corruption and is used to regenerate---> Remember passive ability of the Destro Warlocks: Chaotic Energy

Nether is a sort of Chaos(Fel) Energy which can be used to heal: Remember defeating Kanrethad and he transformed your Fire Spells into Fel Tainted Spells --> You could also use (FEL)Green Ember Tap to heal. We have also seen that Nether Energy used by Dread LOrds also combined with shadow energy creates the Vampiric Aura which heals the team. This is the proof that these abilities can be used to heal...
    Next time give proofs before writting nonsense...
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not at all . Illidan Tanked Mannoroth in Well of Eternity using a Cursed Vision and you call that PURE DPS ?! WoW means using your creativity to create spells based in Warcraft universe. I have NEVER seen Paladins healing themselves when i played Warcraft 3. NEVER. And i see them in WoW using Holy LIght to heal themselves. Holy Light was a spell which was used only to heal allies in Warcraft 3. Blizzard allowed this spell to also heal the Paladin in WoW. Paladins couldn't heal themselves in Warcraft but Blizzard allowed this in WoW and this means that if Demon Hunters can use Shadow/Fel/Flame/Arcane why not using it to heal/shield. I have NEVER seen Flash of Light spell on Warcraft but this spell is in WoW. Is all about creativity. We have the Demon Hunter concept from Warcraft why not using creativity to create a new playing style based on that ?! That would make players happy.
    Are you serious? WC3 Paladins had Holy Light, Divine Shield AND Mass Ress. That indicates a healing spell, a protection spell, and a rez all from WC3. The reason its difficult to create a DH concept from Warcraft is because Blizzard itself gave the DH playstyle to other existing classes. So any DH concept you come up with either steps all over the toes of existing classes, or is so divorced from the original DH concept that you might as well come up with a new class entirely.

In either case, Demon Hunters as healers is a laughable concept.

Fire can also heal---> Remember Cauterize of the IMP (Warlock's pet) ---> Remember Cauterize (Mage Talent)---> Remember Ember Tap(Destro Warlock Spell)
    Fire can also shield---> Remember Flame Glow (Mage Talent) ---> Molten Armor(Mage Talent)
    Shadow can also heal---> Remember Mortal Coil(Warlock Talent)---> Dark Regeneration (Warlock Talent)---> Conversion( DK talent) ---> Dark "Halo" of "The Shadow PRiests"
    Shadow can also shield---> Remember the Unending Resolve of the Warlocks ---> Remember Anti Magic Shield ( Death Knights) ----> Anti Magic Zone (Death Knights)
    Shadow can also Ressurect---> Remember Raise Ally
    Arcane can also Shield---> Mage Armor(Mage spell) ----> Incanter's Ward(Mage Talent)
    Nether is not corruption and is used to regenerate---> Remember passive ability of the Destro Warlocks: Chaotic Energy

Nether is a sort of Chaos(Fel) Energy which can be used to heal: Remember defeating Kanrethad and he transformed your Fire Spells into Fel Tainted Spells --> You could also use (FEL)Green Ember Tap to heal. We have also seen that Nether Energy used by Dread LOrds also combined with shadow energy creates the Vampiric Aura which heals the team. This is the proof that these abilities can be used to heal...
    Okay... So what would the other specs be? Why not just give Warlocks and Mages more healing abilities if you're going to pretty much use Warlock and Mage abilities?

When you construct a class concept, you need to construct three unique yet related specs. A class that has a fire or demonic-based healing spec is going to have to have fire and demonic magic throughout its concept, or it doesn't make sense. Which is why such an idea would never work, because to create a fire/shadow/demonic based healing spec, we need fire/demonic/shadow based classes, which we already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Are you serious? WC3 Paladins had Holy Light, Divine Shield AND Mass Ress. That indicates a healing spell, a protection spell, and a rez all from WC3. The reason its difficult to create a DH concept from Warcraft is because Blizzard itself gave the DH playstyle to other existing classes. So any DH concept you come up with either steps all over the toes of existing classes, or is so divorced from the original DH concept that you might as well come up with a new class entirely.

In either case, Demon Hunters as healers is a laughable concept.

Okay... So what would the other specs be? Why not just give Warlocks and Mages more healing abilities if you're going to pretty much use Warlock and Mage abilities?

When you construct a class concept, you need to construct three unique yet related specs. A class that has a fire or demonic-based healing spec is going to have to have fire and demonic magic throughout its concept, or it doesn't make sense. Which is why such an idea would never work, because to create a fire/shadow/demonic based healing spec, we need fire/demonic/shadow based classes, which we already have.
    Yes i have never seen Priests in WC3 Using any shields. I have never seen Warlocks in War3 using Healing Spells. BUt in WoW Priests use shields and Warlocks use ember Tap.
    SO The healing spec of Demon Hunters are based on the energy they use:My suggestions: Arcane---> Arcane Defence : Reduces the damage Taken by party or raid members within 30 yards by 15%. Lasts for 14 seconds.
    Shadow---->Dark Shield: Shields an ally for X(damage) . Lasts for 17 seconds. Cannot be used more often than every 12 seconds. Cd: 4 seconds.

--Never seen Priests in WC3 using the damn shields.--
    --Never seen Demon Hunters in WC3 using Cursed Vision for dodge increase in order to tank , but only in WoW (Example : Illidan tanks Mannoroth )--
    Can Warlocks use Arcane ?! No
    Can Mages use Shadow?! NO
    No one from these classes can use the healing spec i suggest--> The only option are Demon Hunters...
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i have never seen Priests in WC3 Using any shields. I have never seen Warlocks in War3 using Healing Spells. BUt in WoW Priests use shields and Warlocks use ember Tap.
    SO The healing spec of Demon Hunters are based on the energy they use:My suggestions: Arcane---> Arcane Defence : Reduces the damage Taken by party or raid members within 30 yards by 15%. Lasts for 14 seconds.
    Shadow---->Dark Shield: Shields an ally for X(damage) . Lasts for 17 seconds. Cannot be used more often than every 12 seconds. Cd: 4 seconds.

--Never seen Priests in WC3 using the damn shields.--
    --Never seen Demon Hunters in WC3 using Cursed Vision for dodge increase in order to tank , but only in WoW (Example : Illidan tanks Mannoroth )--
    Can Warlocks use Arcane ?! No
    Can Mages use Shadow?! NO
    No one from these classes can use the healing spec i suggest--> The only option are Demon Hunters...
    So do you admit that Paladins could in fact heal in WC3?

Yes, Priests didn't have shields in WC3. However, shields is only one aspect of the class, and it really only applies to Discipline. Meanwhile, Shield is a primary aspect of the Paladin class, popping up in abundance thought out their specs and talents. I'm not seeing the point you're trying to make here. In any case, priest using shields to protect and heal isn't that much of a jump in terms of theme, because they are primarily healers. A Demon Hunter or a Warlock healing people is bizarre, and makes little sense because it doesn't go along with the underlying theme of the class concept. In fact its a pretty dumb idea.

I'd actually like to see a healer that doesn't use mana.
    Still don't see why they didn't make Mistweaver use Energy and balance around that. All the "buff mana for everyone and Monks will need a nerf" problems would have been solved before they were a problem. Like another poster said, though, they looked at it and said "Na, just make yet another mana class so we don't have to figure out how to make something new work."
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-01-28 at 12:00 AM. Reason: didn't*
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

There isn't really a portion of the demon hunter kit that involves either recovery or defense. I'm not really sure how it would work. People certainly wouldn't be looking forward to the class expecting to heal though, and people rolling it and seeing that it could heal would likely be confused.

If Demonhunter was a spec of a class, like Brewmaster of monk, then you could probably make it work out somehow.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, Priests didn't have shields in WC3. However, shields is only one aspect of the class, and it really only applies to Discipline. Meanwhile, Shield is a primary aspect of the Paladin class, popping up in abundance thought out their specs and talents. I'm not seeing the point you're trying to make here. In any case, priest using shields to protect and heal isn't that much of a jump in terms of theme, because they are primarily healers. A Demon Hunter or a Warlock healing people is bizarre, and makes little sense because it doesn't go along with the underlying theme of the class concept. In fact its a pretty dumb idea.
    No i admit they could heal but not themselves ... And the proof that i am right is this : THe Shamans in WC3 cant heal themselves---> When i played a shaman for the first time in WoW i was amazed because there was a healing talent and i really like that change. When i learned that a game named World of Warcraft existed i thought that every class would be like Witch Doctor Class , Shaman Class( I always knew that SHamans and Far Seers had some kind of electric energy which united them and i didnt see their connection with the Witch Doctors and furthermore i didnt expect them to heal) , Druid etc
    Blizzard did a very nice job adding heals to the shamans!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    There isn't really a portion of the demon hunter kit that involves either recovery or defense. I'm not really sure how it would work. People certainly wouldn't be looking forward to the class expecting to heal though, and people rolling it and seeing that it could heal would likely be confused.

If Demonhunter was a spec of a class, like Brewmaster of monk, then you could probably make it work out somehow.
    It can work. Parry and Dodge with Fel/Fire Heals and damage reduce buffs. A Demonic Stance which increases their armor and its done. The People cant expect Demon Hunter to heal as i didnt expect Shamans to heal when i was playing Warcraft 3.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Personally i've always wanted a healer that played similar to green drakes from occulus.

Using offensive dots on the enemy that heals you personally as you deal damage to them, then allowing you to transfer your health to heal others.

So healing becomes a constant balancing act, taking health from your enemies then distributing to who needs it on your team. Would work best if health was the only resource you had to worry about instead of mana. I also wish energy-based healing monks would be possible.

But alas, blizzard will never allow healers to exist that aren't mana whores because unique mechanics for healing is apparently too much to ask for.
    Unique in Wow. Heresy!
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    People aslo think Demon Hunter can't heal and that he is a warrior class that uses Dark Energy etc... Dark Energy can shield and Heal... Paladin is a warrior class which uses Light Energy and fights Demons/Undeads .ANd he can heal using Light ENergy.

It makes sense because is like Paladins who are Holy Warriors and can heal. Death Knights are Unholy warriors and can heal(Blood Death Knights Heal too much) . Demon HUnters can use SHadow/Fel/Fire/Arcane Energy which may be used to SHield/Heal/Cauterize.
    As i wrote here i couldnt expect SHamans (at the first time i played WoW to have healing spec) : Click Here
    Last edited by Arberian; 2014-01-28 at 02:05 AM.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

Honestly shadow priest is probably the closest we'll come to this unless they manage to come up with a really good back ground for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Unique in Wow. Heresy!
    Yes seems to be too OP that way.

- - - Updated - - -

People aslo think Demon Hunter can't heal and that he is a warrior class that uses Dark Energy etc... Dark Energy can shield and Heal... Paladin is a warrior class which uses Light Energy and fights Demons/Undeads .ANd he can heal using Light ENergy.

It makes sense because is like Paladins who are Holy Warriors and can heal. Death Knights are Unholy warriors and can heal(Blood Death Knights Heal too much) . Demon HUnters can use SHadow/Fel/Fire/Arcane Energy which may be used to SHield/Heal/Cauterize.
    As i wrote here i couldnt expect SHamans (at the first time i played WoW to have healing spec) : Click Here
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

10+ Year Old Account
    No i admit they could heal but not themselves ... And the proof that i am right is this : THe Shamans in WC3 cant heal themselves---> When i played a shaman for the first time in WoW i was amazed because there was a healing talent and i really like that change. When i learned that a game named World of Warcraft existed i thought that every class would be like Witch Doctor Class , Shaman Class( I always knew that SHamans and Far Seers had some kind of electric energy which united them and i didnt see their connection with the Witch Doctors and furthermore i didnt expect them to heal) , Druid etc
    Blizzard did a very nice job adding heals to the shamans!!
    Shadow Hunters, Witch Doctors, Farseers, Spirit Walkers, etc. are all rolled up into the Shaman class. And yes, they could heal themselves and others, which is why Shaman became a class with a healing spec.

Shaman have Healing Wave, Hex, and Serpent Ward (Searing totem) from the Shadow Hunter. Additionally, the totem system was derived from the wards dropped by Witch Doctors and Shadow Hunters. Healing Ward eventually became Healing Stream totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Hunters, Witch Doctors, Farseers, Spirit Walkers, etc. are all rolled up into the Shaman class. And yes, they could heal themselves and others, which is why Shaman became a class with a healing spec.

Shaman have Healing Wave, Hex, and Serpent Ward (Searing totem) from the Shadow Hunter. Additionally, the totem system was derived from the wards dropped by Witch Doctors and Shadow Hunters. Healing Ward eventually became Healing Stream totem.
    Of course but when i played WC3 i had ano concept of shaman which was different from the Witch Doctor Concept. Now i have a different concept for SHamans. I like what Blizzard did in WoW. I would like if they would add the demon hunter class and some kind of Vampiric Aura (Temporarily) to Demon Hunters and some kind of attacking Shadow Copies ( Who do meele attacks ).
    Last edited by Arberian; 2014-01-28 at 01:41 PM.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be looking at a necromancer. Certainly not a demon hunter.

No. Hell no.
    Necromancy healing? Sure thing. No problem.
    Demonic corruption burning destruction healing? No way. Absolutely not. It's rather against the theme of the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    No. Hell no.
    Necromancy healing? Sure thing. No problem.
    Demonic corruption burning destruction healing? No way. Absolutely not. It's rather against the theme of the whole thing.
    Paladins are the Warriors of The light --> Somewhere between Priest and Warrior ---> Holy to Heal and Weapons to Attack
    Demon HUnters are somewhere between mages , warriors, warlocks and rogues.--- Demon Hunters and Shadowy Warriors(From WoWPedia Class theme) ---> Shadow can "deal damage, heal , shield" so we can use the theme to build a healing spec based on that... Demon Hunters are also capable to Parry ( Warriors ) ,DHs can channel Chaos and various magical energies throught weapons (unique) , can use Fel(warlock) , Flame(Warlocks, Mage), Shadow (Death Knight, Warlock) ,Arcane (Mage) , can dodge(rogues).

Paladins are warriors of the Light. Demon Hunters are the Warriors of the Darkness(Shadow or whatever). No guys this doesnt go against the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    You'd be looking at a necromancer. Certainly not a demon hunter.
    They use about the same spell type... ---> Shadow , DH can also use Arcane , Fire and Fel(Chaos, Nether etc) !!
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not realistic of fitting for the class. If a demon hunter was introduced It'd probably be a pure dps spec. A necromancer would probably be 2 dps and one healing (in mirror contrast to a priest)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Its not realistic of fitting for the class. If a demon hunter was introduced It'd probably be a pure dps spec. A necromancer would probably be 2 dps and one healing (in mirror contrast to a priest)
    It is realistic if they use these spells why not using them for healing. Nothing against theme. Pure DPS i think that is a lame. At least one spec for tanking , Demon hunters can parry and dodge attack like Illidan did against Mannoroth. Illidan made the impossible : The Tanking of Mannoroth( The Leader of Pit Lords). And imagine even against Mannoroth. That has nothing to do with the word "realistic" and the warlocks in Warcraft3 couldnt use healings , shamans too. Blizzard gave shamans a healing spec and Warlocks healing abilities. It has to do with class concept and energy uses . If Demon Hunters are shadowy warriors they can use shadow spells and shadow spells can also shield/heal. If Paladins are the warriors of the light , the light can deal damage and heal . Why not creating a healing spec based on that?!
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... nah.

It's just not realistic. Demon hunters will never have a healing spec. It's just not part of their set up or character. They are too solitary and committed to demon hunting and killing undead. to be a beneficial healer to a group, it would be too radical a change. something they didnt have before all of a sudden thrust into the class.

shadow healers just seem to be a bit of an oxymoron. You could argue a necromancer would use absorbtion techniques to drain life forces from foes and channel into an ally or for every enemy killed healing is stacked to unleash, or every corpse has its soul aborbed and distributed. Heck you could even say that for a necromancer to heal in its healing spec, it has to cause damage to a enemy like a disc priest.

Warlocks don't have "healing abilities" as such as they have leach and siphon effects that drain and ebb away living things to restore them. you can argue it's healing, ok but it's more a drain or life force absorb.

Shamans are natural spirit healers, medicine men, witch doctors anyway so they are bound to be able to heal.

mannoroth is just one of the legions lieutenants. He isn't the leader of pit lords.