View Poll Results: Would you like a healer class which uses Dark Energy to heal?!

Voters
138. This poll is closed
  • Yes

63 45.65%
  • No

75 54.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Hmm... nah.

It's just not realistic. Demon hunters will never have a healing spec. It's just not part of their set up or character. They are too solitary and committed to demon hunting and killing undead. to be a beneficial healer to a group, it would be too radical a change. something they didnt have before all of a sudden thrust into the class.

shadow healers just seem to be a bit of an oxymoron. You could argue a necromancer would use absorbtion techniques to drain life forces from foes and channel into an ally or for every enemy killed healing is stacked to unleash, or every corpse has its soul aborbed and distributed. Heck you could even say that for a necromancer to heal in its healing spec, it has to cause damage to a enemy like a disc priest.

Warlocks don't have "healing abilities" as such as they have leach and siphon effects that drain and ebb away living things to restore them. you can argue it's healing, ok but it's more a drain or life force absorb.

Shamans are natural spirit healers, medicine men, witch doctors anyway so they are bound to be able to heal.

mannoroth is just one of the legions lieutenants. He isn't the leader of pit lords.
    Fire can heal and we have seen this in different mage abilities and maybe in warlocks. Dont forget that if you read WoWiki Mannoroth is the leader of the Pit Lords. You must read before writing...
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Fire can heal and we have seen this in different mage abilities and maybe in warlocks. Dont forget that if you read WoWiki Mannoroth is the leader of the Pit Lords. You must read before writing...
    I don't use wowwiki, I use wowpedia.

Anyway mannoroth was made a lieutenant after Kil'jaeden found him. Someone else became the leader of the pit lords after his promotion.

Anyway, mages have a self heal ability but they don't heal with fire so the point is moot. warlocks don't heal with fire so the point is moot.

Demon hunters won't heal.

And a class that is arcane, fire, nether, dark, shadow, melee, tank, healer, dps is called a me'dan.

It's pretty safe to say now that you have exhausted most possibilities and really are clutching at straws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Of course but when i played WC3 i had ano concept of shaman which was different from the Witch Doctor Concept. Now i have a different concept for SHamans. I like what Blizzard did in WoW. I would like if they would add the demon hunter class and some kind of Vampiric Aura (Temporarily) to Demon Hunters and some kind of attacking Shadow Copies ( Who do meele attacks ).
    Okay, but just because you didn't know something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Again, this concept is already in the game. Shadow Priests heal themselves and others using Shadow magic and have a vampiric aura (of sorts). It makes sense for Shadow Priests to have this ability. It makes NO sense for Demon Hunters to have it. If DHs ever appeared in WoW they would more than likely either be pure DPS or 2 DPS and a healing spec. Demonic magic simply doesn't lend itself well to healing/restorative magics.

At this point, the only real option left in terms of unexplored class themes is Mechanical/Technology. Not only can that theme tank, heal, or do DPS, but it wouldn't step on the toes of any existing class.

I've proposed broadening the class concept before when people have tried to shoehorn healing into demonhunters. If they were a broader class like "Slayer" that included dragon slayers, demon hunters and shadow hunters; and each spec took some powers from their respective target in order to fight it, then you'd have something. Though shadow hunter is kind of taken up by shaman stuff at the moment.

I would like to see a class that uses its own health + some mana to cast all of its big/aoe heals, and maybe have a secondary resource that stores Health globes that you can use similar to rune tap to get a huge amount of HP back every so often to set the balance.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I would like to see a class that uses its own health + some mana to cast all of its big/aoe heals, and maybe have a secondary resource that stores Health globes that you can use similar to rune tap to get a huge amount of HP back every so often to set the balance.
    I could see a necromancer do that, sort of a penance or sadistic approach?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    I could see a necromancer do that, sort of a penance or sadistic approach?
    That said check out my. Necromancer thread in my sig. I created a Necromancer with a healing spec.