Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    There are 29 Mage talents
    29 implies at least one of the tiers has an irregular amount of options. Looking forward to the update!
    Four of the talent slots have a different talent for each spec. 17 shared + 4 spec-specific * 3 specs = 29
    Mage talents have received significant revision. Currently: 12 brand new, 3 existing/old spells now talents, 4 w/ major changes.
    looks like mages will be getting the makeover warlocks got in mop. shame.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]
    - Master of Ghouls now also makes your crit-chance increase your ghouls damage (20% crit chance = 20% more ghoul damage)
    You know Ghouls do already gain our crit chance? Why make crit a double dip stat, increasing Ghoul crit chance and passive damage in the same stat? This makes no sence.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    You know Ghouls do already gain our crit chance? Why make crit a double dip stat, increasing Ghoul crit chance and passive damage in the same stat? This makes no sence.
    ok, i'm no expert on unholy, which is why there are like no UH changes on my list :P

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    You know Ghouls do already gain our crit chance? Why make crit a double dip stat, increasing Ghoul crit chance and passive damage in the same stat? This makes no sence.
    our mastery should increase pet and shadow damage. While right now mastery is pretty decent for unholy, it's only that way because haste isn't valued the way it was pre 5.4. If we go back to the old values during ToT for unholy, it would significantly increase the value of mastery to be more in line with crit. Assuming though that haste is our number one stat again.

  5. #185
    I would like to see death and decay as stronger aoe spell. Or defile being very strong.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    The only thing I want for DK is removal of runes colors - they should all be death runes (like rogue, paladin and every other class basically)
    This^

    Or wait.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    I would like to see death and decay as stronger aoe spell. Or defile being very strong.
    my guess is defile will be that strong aoe. personally im going to play with np and defile as frost. but np will be taken as unholy because i prefer the festerblight playstyle over normal unholy.

  8. #188
    i would love to see some kind of uplift-mechanic like monk healer has like: costs X rp, deals dmg to diseased targets, works with rune reg talents
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  9. #189
    Make soul reaper do shadowfrost damage. Make rune regen talent in the first three (If you haven't levelled a DK in a while go try it, its fucking awful until you get your rune regen ability). They need to decide what they're are doing with us stat wise. If crit is still going to be good make frost guaranteed crit abilities do more damage based off of your amount of crit, like how critical block worked for prot warriors.

  10. #190
    Updated ideas
    Comments on why i think these changes makes sense and are needed
    Outdated

    General
    - Remorseless Winter removed, replaced with Hungering Cold.
    - Hungering Cold: Purges the earth around the Death Knight of all heat. Enemies within 10 yards are trapped in ice, preventing them from performing any action for 8 sec and infecting them with Frost Fever. Enemies are considered Frozen, but any damage other than diseases will break the ice. 1.5 sec cast, no cost.
    Remorseless Winter is a very bad a clunky talent for pvp. Hungering Cold was one of few reasons Frost DK's got into arena.


    - Runic Empowerment, Runic Corruption and Blood Tap now works with Shattering Thrust as well.
    - Gorefiends Grasp now also taunt enemies while in Blood Presence
    AOE taunt for Blood

    - Frost Presence now increases Runic Power generation by 20%, and reducing the duration of effects that remove control of your character by 20%. Also reduces the cost of Frost Strike, Rune Strike and Death Coil by 10
    - Unholy Presence now increases haste by 20%, and movement speed by 15%.
    Making us choose which presence we want to stay in rather than being forced into one

    - Glyph of Icy Touch now also affects Glacial Burst
    Obviously. Read further down for Glacial Burst information

    - Deaths Advance (use) now makes you immune to all roots and slows and increases movements speed by 50% (up from 30%)
    Deaths Advance needed a boost to make it competative with the other talents on that row

    - Outbreak removed
    Outbreak is just an unnecessary skill taking up space on the action bar.

    - Rune of Lichbane replaced with Rune of Necrosis. Dealing 25% (based on weapon damage) additional shadow damage on each auto-attack.
    A new runeforge to give us more choices

    - Soul Reaper now deals Shadowfrost damage

    Frost
    - Obliterate has been reworked: It now does 350% weapon damage (up from 250%), no longer deals more damage on diseased targets, but instead grants 30% armor penetration on targets infected with Frost Fever.
    Obliterate now is a lot stronger than it is for DW , but weaker than it is for 2h currently. This intentionally makes DW use it again and 2h focus less on it. Leaving more rune-freedom for 2h and making both 2h and DW play similar. It now hits for a good amount, but dominatas a lot less (than current 2h) which means we aren't as bound to one skill anymore.

    - Howling Blast damage reduced by 30% (of main target damage). Now deals the same damage to all targets (no more main-target and off-target). It now hits for around 70% of current main-target damage.
    Howling Blast is now an aoe primaraly. It still hits for a good amount but is not prefered on single-target. Overall it's a buff to the aoe-part of the spell.

    - New skill, Shattering Thrust. Forcing all your energy into your rune-weapon, dealing 300% weapon damage as frost and shatters one absorption effect(power word:shield, Hpala mastery, AMS etc.) from the opponent. This skill cannot be parried, dodged or blocked. 8 sec CD, 20 Runic Power
    Button bloat lol. Frost DK's have to few skill. The rotation is very repetitive. We need more skills to make the spec more interesting. This skill will be the biggest hitter for frost, it's also unavoidable, similar to Wotlk Frost Strike. The spell also has a great use in pvp for breaking shields (not immunity shields)

    - New skill, Glacial Burst (replaces Icy Touch for Frost). Does single-target damage similar to what Howling Blast (main target) does now
    Making up for the loss of Howling Blast damage. Icy Touch didn't really fit as a good damage spell in my opinion so now frost has this skill instead of Icy Touch, also with a better suited animation.

    - New glyph, Glyph of Icy Reach. Increases the radius of Howling Blast and Remorseless Storm by 5, and the range of Icy Touch, Chains of Ice and Glacial Burst by 5.
    There's a lack of glyphs for frost skills. This one returns the old Icy Reach talents and adding additional effects to it.

    - Rime now makes your next Frost-spell (all frost spells) free.
    PvP purposes

    - Frost Strike now deals 175% weapon damage, up from 115%. Cost is now 30 runic power, down from 35
    The cost reduction makes blood presence (pvp) less damage penalizing for frost, while it it still costs 20 runic power in frost presence. Frost Strike is really the skill that really makes frost DK's Frost DK's and not warriors so it should be quite strong. The damage is similar to current DW frost. Frost Strike should be our main damage skill, not the biggest hitter, but the main source of our damage (not too dominating tho)

    - Killing Machine now makes your next Frost Strike, Howling Blast or Glacial Burst crit (instead of Frost Strike and Obliterate). Proc-rate is now PPM (procs per minute), giving 2h and DW the same amount of procs. The amount of procs should be somewhere in-between current DW and 2h proc-rate.
    To balance 2h and DW amount of procs. It no longer makes Obliterate crit. We choose either Frost Strike or Glacial Burst (single-target or ranged) or Howling Blast (aoe). No more wasting killing machine procs on x skill but instead using it depending on the situation we're in.

    - Rune of the Frozen Champion (new runeforge): Has a chance to heal you and increasing your strength by 20% for 15 sec. Also causes a debuff identical to razorice (2h only)
    - Rune of Razorice now only works on 1h weapons
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes removed
    - Threat of Thassarian now lets all weapon-strikes hit with both weapons, but no longer increases Frost Strike damage.
    Making 2h and DW equally viable. Since DW deals more damage on auto-attack 2h grants a little stronger (5% more strength) rune-forge to balance things out. These changes also makes DW and 2H now play the same way.

    - New skill, Remorseless Storm: Creating a huge wave of frozen energy, dealing frost damage (20% stronger than current Howling Blast damage on primary target) to all enemies within 15 yards and freezes all enemies infected with Frost Fever to the ground for 4 sec. 30 sec CD. 1 frost rune.
    Button bloat lol, what is that? Frost DK's lacks on skill quantity. This skills gives us a great tool for pvp and a strong aoe spell for all situations. Making Frost more interesting.

    - Improved Frost Presence removed
    It's a bad design

    - Blood of the North now increases the crit chance of Obliterate and Shattering Thrust by 25%
    Bringing back some of the passive crit-talents from pre-MOP. Making up for the loss of Killing Machine Obliterate. Shattering Thrust doesn't fir Killing Machine because it has a CD so it affects it as well. An auto-crit Shattering Thrust would be too strong.

    - New returned passive skill, Frigid Dreadplate: Now causes Icebound Fortitude to reduce the chance physical damage attacks hit you by 40% for it's duration, and increases the damage reduction effect by 20% (40% miss chance and 40% damage reduction)
    Frost and Unholy DK's (frost DK's especially) need some heavy defensive boosts against physical damage especially.

    - Blood Boil removed from Frost
    Blood Boil doesn't belong to Frost DK's, neither does it fit. It's never used unless you have Rolling Blood (Rolling Blood talent changed somehow to make up for this loss).

    The idea behind these changes to frost is to remove the current 2h and DW playstyles and merging them. Frost is now like a combination of current DW and 2h. Threat of Thassarian now makes all melee-attacks hit with both weapons, while 2h gets a new runeforge called "Rune of the Frozen Champion. This rune is a combination of FC and Razorice, but a little stronger then both since DW deals more auto-attack damage just because wow works this way. Obliterate now hits for a quite alright amount of damage for both DW and 2h, and dominates less than current 2h frost. Obliterate hits slightly more than Glacial Burst, enough to make it worth using over it, but not such a big difference as current 2h frost. This results in a much bigger rune-freedom especially in pvp for frost (looking at you, live 2h frost). Shattering Thrust (and Remorseless Storm) is now the big-hitter, also bringing back the old unavoidable Frost Strike feel.
    Frost damage dominates frost. Two new skills has been added to make frost more interesting, frost always felt lacking on skill quantity and too spammy in general. Howling Blast is now an aoe primarily and Icy Touch is replaced by a new spell for Frost DK's, Glacial Burst is a single-target spell dealing the same damage as Howling Blast does now on main target. Blood Boil has been removed from frost, the reason is that it's only worth using if you have Rolling Blood. A new passive skill has been added to Frost and Unholy to boost the defensive capabilities. Frost and UH always had terrible defensives. These changes should make frost more interesting in general in pve and pvp, and a lot better for arena pvp and pvp in general.


    Unholy
    - Improved unholy presence removed
    bad design

    - Blood Strike removed from Unholy
    lol

    - Summon Gargoyle now grants you the unholy frenzy buff, granting you 20% haste for 30 sec.
    - Unholy Frenzy removed
    Unholy has too many skills. This also makes sense because we always use Gargoyle and Unholy Frenzy at the same time.

    - New returned passive skill, Frigid Dreadplate: Now causes Icebound Fortitude to reduce the chance physical damage attacks hit you by 40% for it's duration, and increases the damage reduction effect by 20% (40% miss chance and 40% damage reduction)
    Frost and Unholy DK's (frost DK's especially) need some heavy defensive boosts against physical damage especially.
    Last edited by Wrien; 2014-03-06 at 02:03 AM.

  11. #191
    Change Brittle Bones to be a magic damage debuff instead of a physical damage debuff. It doesn't make any sense that frost has a physical damage debuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •