Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Pay for 90 needs to be cheap

    If buying a 90 is not 25$ or less then blizzard is really in need of some new people, if they want the game to have any chance of growing they need to make this accessible for the majority of people. If I was not already invested into this game or I was coming back and I saw the price was that high, I would simply play a different game; 55$ is way too high.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire xcureanddisease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    425
    I think 45-55 is fair and it should stay as high as possible to make questing more attractive than shelling out 50 dollars, 10 times for all the slots. I dont think their intentions are to make it so that they're selling 90's like hot cakes/make everyones lives a living hell for people who wont know how to play their class properly, i think its just so they can attract new players who dont like playing "CATCH UP"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    If buying a 90 is not 25$ or less then blizzard is really in need of some new people, if they want the game to have any chance of growing they need to make this accessible for the majority of people. If I was not already invested into this game or I was coming back and I saw the price was that high, I would simply play a different game; 55$ is way too high.
    Why does it need to be $25? Everyone gets 1 free one with the purchase of WoD. I see no issue with it being higher than $25 if you want more than one Level 90 boost. If you want another 90, you have several choices:

    A) Level 1-90 (with or without the use of Heirlooms / XP Potion from rare mobs)
    B) RaF 1-85 then level to 90
    C) Purchase a Level 90 Boost

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I think 45-55 is fair and it should stay as high as possible to make questing more attractive than shelling out 50 dollars, 10 times for all the slots. I dont think their intentions are to make it so that they're selling 90's like hot cakes/make everyones lives a living hell for people who wont know how to play their class properly, i think its just so they can attract new players who dont like playing "CATCH UP"
    They need to have that intention or they won't get the subs boom they need to produce high quality content.

    If it was around 25$, I would buy the 90's I don't have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Why does it need to be $25? Everyone gets 1 free one with the purchase of WoD. I see no issue with it being higher than $25 if you want more than one Level 90 boost. If you want another 90, you have several choices:

    A) Level 1-90 (with or without the use of Heirlooms / XP Potion from rare mobs)
    B) RaF 1-85 then level to 90
    C) Purchase a Level 90 Boost
    if they want the game to have any chance of growing they need to make this accessible for the majority of people.

    We need more 90s running around doing dungeons, raiding, and pvping.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    if they want the game to have any chance of growing they need to make this accessible for the majority of people.

    We need more 90s running around doing dungeons, raiding, and pvping.
    but you get that already as stated above
    EVERYONE who buys WoD gets a free 90

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    They need to have that intention or they won't get the subs boom they need to produce high quality content.

    If it was around 25$, I would buy the 90's I don't have.



    if they want the game to have any chance of growing they need to make this accessible for the majority of people.

    We need more 90s running around doing dungeons, raiding, and pvping.
    people buying 90s doesnt mean theyll do any of those more, and because there is more of them isnt better because of the horror show itd cause.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wet Coast, BC, Canada
    Posts
    436
    It should cost the same amount as the expansion, minimum.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    people buying 90s doesnt mean theyll do any of those more, and because there is more of them isnt better because of the horror show itd cause.
    Horror show? this is an mmo, the world needs lots of people running around. You also get higher quality content with more people.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire xcureanddisease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    people buying 90s doesnt mean theyll do any of those more, and because there is more of them isnt better because of the horror show itd cause.
    Im gonna agree with this. For example when HAVE GROUP WILL TRAVEL was removed because Blizzards VISION was to make us explore and see the world. How many times have you been to a group and a warlock was like WHO NEEDS A SUMMONS and please tell me when was the last time you heard someone say ""NAH ITS COOL, I DONT WANT A SUMMONS, I WANT TO SEE AND EXPLORE THE WORLD"" Please tell me when?????

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    It should cost the same amount as the expansion, minimum.
    Why? 40$ is not going to get a new player into a game, but 20-25$? yeah they might try it out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Im gonna agree with this. For example when HAVE GROUP WILL TRAVEL was removed because Blizzards VISION was to make us explore and see the world. How many times have you been to a group and a warlock was like WHO NEEDS A SUMMONS and please tell me when was the last time you heard someone say ""NAH ITS COOL, I DONT WANT A SUMMONS, I WANT TO SEE AND EXPLORE THE WORLD"" Please tell me when?????
    What does have group will travel have to do with affordable 90's.

    edit: More 90's = more opportunities for everyone, more raiding guilds, more pvp guilds, more groups in trade.

  11. #11
    Why would it bring a new player? Every new player has a free lvl 90 character in WoD anyway.

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wet Coast, BC, Canada
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    Why? 40$ is not going to get a new player into a game, but 20-25$? yeah they might try it out.
    You. Get. A. Free. One. With. Each. Expansion. Sold.

    Not sure I could make it much more clear than that.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire xcureanddisease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by averykey View Post
    Why? 40$ is not going to get a new player into a game, but 20-25$? yeah they might try it out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What does have group will travel have to do with affordable 90's.

    edit: More 90's = more opportunities for everyone, more raiding guilds, more pvp guilds, more groups in trade.
    You said "We need more 90s running around doing dungeons, raiding, and pvping." and im telling you for all you know someone is gonna buy a 90 for the SOLE purpose of RPing. Or just to have ONE of that class. Making 90's affordable doesn't guarantee Azeroth is gonna be more populated, it just guarantees the 90's that are boosted will have a disadvantage in the sense that, if the person is NEW to the game, he's not gonna have a god damn clue what the hell to do.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    It should cost the same amount as the expansion, minimum.
    And by minimum you mean maximum, right?

    Because else everybody is just going to buy the expansion, throw away the rest and use the level 90 boost code instead of buying it digitally.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I think 45-55 is fair and it should stay as high as possible to make questing more attractive than shelling out 50 dollars, 10 times for all the slots. I dont think their intentions are to make it so that they're selling 90's like hot cakes/make everyones lives a living hell for people who wont know how to play their class properly, i think its just so they can attract new players who dont like playing "CATCH UP"
    Pretty much this. They also don't want players instantly 90 on tons of toons because how else will a new player learn to play their class? If they are just allowed to be thrown in at level 90 with no clue on how to play that class, they will get bored very quickly.
    Cry more. This is the internet, no one cares for the logic you have to contribute.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wet Coast, BC, Canada
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzrym View Post
    And by minimum you mean maximum, right?

    Because else everybody is just going to buy the expansion, throw away the rest and use the level 90 boost code instead of buying it digitally.
    Nope. It should cost the minimum amount for the purchase cost of the expansion set itself
    for the exact reason you stated. People are willing to pay, let them pay. Can't afford it? Oh well.

  17. #17
    I think $25 sounds awfully cheap all things considered. By comparison, to create a WoD account for a free 90 and transfer it over you'd need to buy the game up to WoD (which would be what, $60 or more?) plus a month of sub ($15) plus the transfer ($25). So like $100 is the upper limit on what it could cost.

    Considering realm transfers cost $25 a full 90 should be more than that IMO. Or you know, transfers should be cheaper!

    Hell the helmet mogs were $15 EACH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzrym View Post
    And by minimum you mean maximum, right?

    Because else everybody is just going to buy the expansion, throw away the rest and use the level 90 boost code instead of buying it digitally.
    There is no such thing, you'll have to buy the Battlechest + MoP too and activate a new account and then you'll have to pay to transfer that new 90 to your old Account, so I guess the price of the expansion as minimum would be fair imo.

  19. #19
    It should only be available if you already have a max level char. IE death knights. Then it should be cheap. No more than 25 bucks. Reason being: trying all classes boosts the longevity of the game considerably, therefore it's a win/win.
    Last edited by Nodata; 2014-01-29 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo from mobile kb

  20. #20
    sounds like a brilliant plan. lets get more ppl to 90 who has no idea how the current class works, lets get more 15 k dps into lfr and stuff. sounds like a good idea to me, if ppl want a lvl 90 char. there is one way to go. go lvl one. cant be that hard. there should be no way u should be able to buy one at any cost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •