Thread: New Gnome Face

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    How is this relevant to this discussion? You are making conclusions based on incomplete material.
    I can tell you.

before they brought up the new talents many people said.. we do not want this.. and some people like you do said "Noo worry guys it's Beta and Only PTR the things will change to release yust wait". They released it and there was no way back. The Chance that Blizzard revokes mistakes is extreme low, they do it.. and mostly they do not change anything after a release.

As long as my gnome is still as ugly as hell

<---------------

I wont complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As long as my gnome is still as ugly as hell

<---------------

I wont complain.
    Wow thats great, have you done it by yourself with things like Maya?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deex View Post
    I added Mouth, Nose, eyes and more from real woman.

Yea, but that's stepping away from the Warcraft art style and tbh doesn't fit gnomes at all.
    Last edited by mmoc26966749d9; 2014-01-26 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    I can tell you.

before they brought up the new talents many people said.. we do not want this.. and some people like you do said "Noo worry guys it's Beta and Only PTR the things will change to release yust wait". They released it and there was no way back. The Chance that Blizzard revolkes mistakes is extreme low, they do it.. and mostly they do not change anything after a release.
    Still not following how it is relevant to this discussion. You're saying that blizzard has made a mistake with these models but that is incorrect. The changes might be problematic for you, but they are only so because of your uninformed opinion. You haven't seen all the faces yet, you haven't seen the finished gnome female model even. You have seen one model preview. ONE. Not enough information has been gathered to construct an informed opinion about what they should change.

Deleted
    Still not following how it is relevant to this discussion.
    >.<

The meaning is with that example. If we yust wait till release and it has been gone wrong, the chance that they change something on the models is LOW! So better a discussion before they release it.

Wow thats great, have you done it by yourself with things like Maya?
    Don't know anything at all about Maya.

That's just a screenshot of my main character ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Don't know anything at all about Maya.

That's just a screenshot of my main character ....
    <3 love it

Deleted
    >.<

The meaning is with that example. If we yust wait till release and it has been gone wrong, the chance that they change something on the models is LOW! So better a discussion before they release it.
    Go ahead and ignore the rest of my post detailing just that. I will just copy+paste it so that it might actually go through. You're saying that blizzard has made a mistake with these models but that is incorrect. The changes might be problematic for you, but they are only so because of your uninformed opinion. You haven't seen all the faces yet, you haven't seen the finished gnome female model even. You have seen one model preview. ONE. Not enough information has been gathered to construct an informed opinion about what they should change.

Deleted
    Go ahead and ignore the rest of my post detailing just that. I will just copy+paste it so that it might actually go through.
    Please stop taking this topic to personally.

I think the main issue is that facial expressions are no longer a matter of gluing a texture on a face. In the new models, facial expressions are generated by the model and skeleton. Every gnome female is probably going to have the same set of animations regardless of which face they pick, and that includes the smile. Using textures, they can make it a devious smile, or a sad smile, or any number of permutations on the theme of a smile, but removing the smile means modifying the skeleton for every face, which I think they're not likely to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I think the new female gnome face they used is supposed to be 'face 5'. They used the old 'face 1' for comparison, but if it's supposed to be a 'this becomes this' thing, then they absolutely failed in a very obvious way. I've heard the line that the old 'face 1' is supposed to be smiling, but that's irrelevant even if true. The eye colors are off as well. Here's a comparison, maybe it will help:
    Here is the direct comparison. I guess the main difference is that the new model smiles.

Deleted
    I love the new gnome model, infact i might go gnome when WOD hits! THEY SO CUTE!

Deleted
    The eyes are todally different the mouth to or the eyebrows.

Yust take a look on the White size in the inner.

Deleted
    The eyes are todally different the mouth to or the eyebrows.

Yust take a look on the White size in the inner.
    They have only shown one of the numerous faces that they will launch with. This isn't a case of "Yeah but before they've promised something and not delivered on it", this is the faces of characters were talking about, they will not launch with only one facial option, to believe they would is insanely stupid.

Deleted
    Prefer blizzards more cartoony look than to add realistic eyes/mouth etc.

You photo-shopped a stock mouth onto a gnome, added some dark highlights to the eyes and applied a high exposure effect to her face, doesn't look much different and a little creepy, but hey, that's my opinion I guess.

I like the look of the new gnomes, fits them more. I don't play gnomes though so I guess it doesn't really matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    They have only shown one of the numerous faces that they will launch with. This isn't a case of "Yeah but before they've promised something and not delivered on it", this is the faces of characters were talking about, they will not launch with only one facial option, to believe they would is insanely stupid.
    They did it with the female Pandaren. Their "face options" are nothing more than eye colour and fur markings. Given that the new character models are supposedly to the same standard as the Pandaren, lack of proper face options is a legitimate concern.

I repeat once more. They. Have. Not. Shown. Every. Face. Type. Yet.
    Waiting until a feature is finished before giving feedback is leaving it too late.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    They did it with the female Pandaren. Their "face options" are nothing more than eye colour and fur markings. Given that the new character models are supposedly to the same standard as the Pandaren, lack of proper face options is a legitimate concern.
    They've said that there going to model the new faces on the old faces. Launching a new model with a single face and different customizations options for said face does not equal launching a remodelled old race with only a single facial option.

Waiting until a feature is finished before giving feedback is leaving it too late.
    Giving feedback before you've seen more than the barest glimpse of a feature is too soon.

Guys. Really? Did you read anything on the Human female? Ya know, the part that said they had an "emotionless face so that future expressions won't be tainted by whatever base expression is given." Chances are, what they showed in still-image form at Blizzcon for Gnome female just had a smile animation on.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."