Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No 1 card is "OP". OP means there's no counter. There is always a counter to something. Whether or not you keep that counter is up to you (IE Hexing 2 three casting cost minions and not having it for Rag).

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Ragnaros. The only way to make him useless is to spam the board with low level minions, which you can rarely do
    There's tons of ways to deal with him. Sheep, hex, and the card with the battle-cry to kill a minion with 7 or higher health to name 3 and those are the ones off the top of my head. The good thing about HS is that, so far, there's counters to almost everything that someone can throw at you, if you're lucky and/or good. One thing about Rag though is seing people silence him. That just turns him into a 8 attack hammer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's not what overpowered means at all.

Similar to what I said in the other thread, power in CCGs is a relative thing. If every 4/5 minion in the game cost 5 mana, then one that only costs 3 mana (with no accompanying drawback) would be overpowered.

Saying, "It's ok, you can hex it." doesn't change the fact that its relative power level is too high.
    Fair point. However a card like that also doesn't exist. Legendaries aren't just "7/7 for 3 mana". King Krush for example is an 8/8 charge for 9; nothing wrong with that. People are just upset about cards like Ragnaros because they don't keep minions on the board. When you spend 5 mana on turn 5 on one minion, then 6 on turn 6, etc etc you can't be upset when someone just keeps those minions down and then pops ragnaros. You just can't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ysera / Antonidas

Those 2 are balls to the wall rediculous.

---

Are we really debating whether or not Hunters are OP? They are absolute gash, take a look at mages and druids before you think about hunters.
    I would argue coin > ringleader is stronger as a turn one play its rediculus

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    The only way you say? Owl, spellbreaker, silence, mass dispel, big game hunter, assassinate, naturalise, polymorph, hex, emperor cobra, patient assassin, deadly shot, shadow word death, corruption, siphon soul, twisting nether, execute, brawl, deathwing.

Did I forget anything?
    I disagree with the silences, the cobra and the assassin. Silencing rag makes it a 8/8 that can actually attack, AND already got a 8 damage fireball off on you. He can actually start trading with it on his terms then. Also, any player with half a brain cell does not play rag when a cobra or patient assassin is up.

The best way to deal with rag would be a big game hunter or maybe a tinkmaster overspark if your direct removal is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    I would argue coin > ringleader is stronger as a turn one play its rediculus
    For some classes I guess. Mages and Hunters would probably laugh and if you have an Elven Archer or Mad Bomber it's not too big a deal either for the other classes. Plus if they blow all their Shadowsteps early they had better kill you by Turn 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find Ysera ridiculously powerful. It has a ton of health and the way it's utilized in a deck is to play it at the later stages of the game just to get a really good card advantage without any of the drawbacks of only having 30 cards. The card basically guarantees a win unless you can stop it in the next turn and that is hard when you need several minions to take it down if you don't have any silence or the like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    There's tons of ways to deal with him. Sheep, hex, and the card with the battle-cry to kill a minion with 7 or higher health to name 3 and those are the ones off the top of my head. The good thing about HS is that, so far, there's counters to almost everything that someone can throw at you, if you're lucky and/or good. One thing about Rag though is seing people silence him. That just turns him into a 8 attack hammer lol.
    Well, sometimes silencing him can be of great benefit, especially if you have decent taunt minions. At least then it actually takes some damage when attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I personally find Ysera ridiculously powerful. It has a ton of health and the way it's utilized in a deck is to play it at the later stages of the game just to get a really good card advantage without any of the drawbacks of only having 30 cards. The card basically guarantees a win unless you can stop it in the next turn and that is hard when you need several minions to take it down if you don't have any silence or the like.
    Even if you have a silence your opponent still has a 4/12.

As for cards I wouldn't mind changing a little it'd have to be Tinkmaster. Make his battlecry effect a random enemy minion only or up his Mana cost by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    The only way you say? Owl, spellbreaker, silence, mass dispel, big game hunter, assassinate, naturalise, polymorph, hex, emperor cobra, patient assassin, deadly shot, shadow word death, corruption, siphon soul, twisting nether, execute, brawl, deathwing.

Did I forget anything?
    Owl, Spellbreaker, silence, mass dispel - still attacks for 8 and then you still get a freaking 8/8 minion LOL.
    Removes - well it still deals 8 damage. It's 8 charge, if you play it smartly.
    Other stuff also sacs your minions. After Rag has dealt 8 damage anyway.

It's not like Demolisher where it deals damage at the start of the turn and has only 4 attack.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Owl, Spellbreaker, silence, mass dispel - still attacks for 8 and then you still get a freaking 8/8 minion LOL.
    Removes - well it still deals 8 damage. It's 8 charge, if you play it smartly.
    Other stuff also sacs your minions. After Rag has dealt 8 damage anyway.

It's not like Demolisher where it deals damage at the start of the turn and has only 4 attack.
    Think you meant health as Demolisher is a 1/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Think you meant health as Demolisher is a 1/4.
    Well for 8 mana he might as well have 4/8.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

OP?

Raggi, Ysera, Tirion, Jaraxxus, Antonidas - cards you just play and boom. Personally wish those wouldn't exist legendary spam on some rankings and their gamebreaking effects are just stupid, one of the many reasons synergy and themed dekcs don't work stand alone tide turner.

If i look at rares and epics i would also go for defender of argus, way too much value, +2/+2 and taunt on one, ok, 1/1 on two is just too strong. Sure you need 2 minions but yeah you have to setup good or even op cards somehow as this card game has so much ridiculous removal.

Mind control and pyro can be op but also are pretty expensive and you can play around it a bit, depending.

Equality, AoE removal is fine, but this card just clears in comb with pyromancer/consec the whole board regardless what stands and that only for 4-6 mana combined, if you already have a few loew minions you can clear the board for 2 mana.

There are also some cards which have just brutal utility like nat pagle and lorewalker cho, also hex and poly are just 1 button win kinda and cheap for that.
    Many cards are op in a specific meta or in specific decks, personally the really broken cards are for me standalone cards with the potential of being a game winner in even or situation where you are behind.

Would still like to see a restriction of how many legendaries you can have in a deck, seeing decks literally spamming them makes me sick, too much efficiency, incredibly boring and annoying game play if it should even be considered game play - no skill involved just drop the shit and have board control, oh it got removed next plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    OP?

Tirion, Jaraxxus
    Those two that aren't OP at all since their mana cost is what makes them weak. If Tirion gets Silenced you just consumed 3/4 of his usefulness which really can't happen at Turn 8+. Jaraxxus might buy you an extra turn if both players have nothing on the board and you're low on Health but at Turn 9 the game is either already decided or so close that you can't afford a turn where you essentially do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    OP?

Raggi, Ysera, Tirion, Jaraxxus, Antonidas - cards you just play and boom. Personally wish those wouldn't exist legendary spam on some rankings and their gamebreaking effects are just stupid, one of the many reasons synergy and themed dekcs don't work stand alone tide turner.

If i look at rares and epics i would also go for defender of argus, way too much value, +2/+2 and taunt on one, ok, 1/1 on two is just too strong. Sure you need 2 minions but yeah you have to setup good or even op cards somehow as this card game has so much ridiculous removal.

Mind control and pyro can be op but also are pretty expensive and you can play around it a bit, depending.

Equality, AoE removal is fine, but this card just clears in comb with pyromancer/consec the whole board regardless what stands and that only for 4-6 mana combined, if you already have a few loew minions you can clear the board for 2 mana.

There are also some cards which have just brutal utility like nat pagle and lorewalker cho, also hex and poly are just 1 button win kinda and cheap for that.
    Many cards are op in a specific meta or in specific decks, personally the really broken cards are for me standalone cards with the potential of being a game winner in even or situation where you are behind.

Would still like to see a restriction of how many legendaries you can have in a deck, seeing decks literally spamming them makes me sick, too much efficiency, incredibly boring and annoying game play if it should even be considered game play - no skill involved just drop the shit and have board control, oh it got removed next plz.
    Spamming Legendary's doesn't work; chaining them in your deck does. I don't get why people think just throwing legendaries out wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Spamming Legendary's doesn't work; chaining them in your deck does. I don't get why people think just throwing legendaries out wins.
    Replaced 3 legendaries in my druid deck with 3 basic cards (Sylvanas, Cenarius, Ysera -> yeti x 2, savage roar), went up 3 ranks into legendary. True story.

Then I guess you hate logic. The "super" powered cards, ie rag, cost A TON of mana to summon. That's often the players entire turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Those two that aren't OP at all since their mana cost is what makes them weak. If Tirion gets Silenced you just consumed 3/4 of his usefulness which really can't happen at Turn 8+. Jaraxxus might buy you an extra turn if both players have nothing on the board and you're low on Health but at Turn 9 the game is either already decided or so close that you can't afford a turn where you essentially do nothing.
    Agreed. I won a game today by silencing the opponent's Tirion Fordring in the late game. He had nothing else on the board and played it as a defensive move since I had 3+ minions already. Tirion is really good in my opinion, but not overpowered in the slightest.

As for Jaraxxus, that card is basically always played as a last resort, since the game can be decided in the following turn. Heck, I consider Jaraxxus almost a necessity for Warlocks to function in the late game because of how easy you can go from 10 to 0 health in a single round if the opponent has any minions. Especially since the Warlock's Hero power becomes more and more useless as time passes.

Deleted
    the reason ragnaros , ysera, tinkmaster are very strong is that they do smthn as they enter the battle. There is no time to make up an answer, and if there is, you wasted one removal on one card. Its not the best scenario for the legendary user, but still they did something when entering the battle. killing a minion or 8 damage on hero, gettin a drake or a dream or ysera awekens can be game changing.

Uth atm is too strong, i am tired of aggro hunters that do nothing except spam chargers on your face, trap, bow, uth. I cant imagine anything else that can be more boring, not even murloc decks.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    The only reason you think any of these are OP is in your name. BeginnerPlayeFirstDayGame
    He's right about rogue coining scrub tho.

I mean the rogue has a 50/50 whether he goes first, he then gets four cards to play so there's like a ~4/15 chance he'll start with a Defias Ringleader...

HOW DO YOU ALWAYS DO IT?!

Same goes for Blood Imp > Coin > Voidwalker

Wisp is pretty OP. They can drop five of them on turn1 in arena D:

Terrible, terrible damage!