Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1. Listening to bad feedback from people that have no clue.
    2. Lack of exclusive rewards for Harder Content. I recognize there is a need for difficulty settings, allowing people to see content, but there has to be significant incentive for Harder Content. The challenge itself is a reward for a lot of people, but we could use more. Titles and Mounts should only be attainable while content is current.
    3. Designing gear progression in a way that LFR is part of it. I agree that LFR has a place and public and that it shouldn't go away, but it shouldn't be the only way. Heroic Dungeons (Premade only, with difficulty similar to BC) could have the same ilvl as LFR. Then we would have Questing Gear -> Max Level Dungeons -> Crafting/H Dungeons/LFR -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic.
    4. Adding flying mounts (There would be a need to provide a good way of moving around though. Better flying paths or NPC teleportation for a few important points across the map).
    5. Removal of attunements instead of just removing the restriction aspect of it. I'd like them back but not like the old ones that restrict access. Just a huge quest chain involving personal challenges and different boss encounters across a variety of dungeons and raids, full of lore and cosmetics rewards at the end. It wouldn't affect your DPS or content accessibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Pandas
    -The lack of Alliance progression. As a Horde, I feel that the Alliance just gives up to easily.
    -Revamped 1-60 lvling content is far to easy.
    -The lack of WPvP. I don't remember the last time I saw an raid on any capital city.
    -And Pandas...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Oh wow huge surprise here.. yet another post focusing on negative things..
    Subs are continuing to drop and you think we should pretend the game doesn't have issues? Ok...
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. CRZ
    2. Connected Realms
    3. Pet Battles
    4. Removal of Attunements
    5. Not making all titles and mounts account wide with the new system

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Subs are continuing to drop and you think we should pretend the game doesn't have issues? Ok...
    Pretending the game doesn't have issues and focusing on only the issues are two totally different things.

1. Opinions aside, it's safe to say that them introducing any and all LFM queuing tools was a very big mistake.
    2. Are we just going to ignore the fact that they destroyed world PvP?
    3. Just waiting to see how badly the Blizz Shop pans out for them.
    4. Like seriously, they have no idea how to balance classes! They're just homogenizing everything!
    5. Outhouses with quest givers in them? Cata was ridiculous!

Now read the first word of each item.

Ahmahglob I'm so clever.

Deleted
    - Blizz store pets & companions

- Feat of strenght for everything.

- RaF, level 55 DKs, level 80 boost, level 90 boost and the forthcoming 90 for sale.

- Faction swap, race swap, all sorts of swaps.

- Heirlooms.

Ahmahglob I'm so clever.
    It would be if it wasn't so obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR
    Removal of group quest
    Removal of class quest
    Easy dungenons
    Baseline resillience.

Flying mounts. It made the world that *felt* big, a tiny, easy, hop around. You never SEE people anymore. Flying made everything that isn't a hub city feel empty.
    Everything about Cata. It was rushed, it was unpolished, the storyline was shit, it ruined 1-60 content and it's the reason we have sooo many (Imo justified) bitter Alliance players.
    Daily grinds for rep basically replacing Attunements. Because grinding bear asses for a week is "better."
    Metzen's hard on for Thrall and orc lore completely trumping all other races, including the horde's. It's sickening how no one has reigned him in.

2. Convincing the masses that raiding should be for everybody. Raiding is supposed to be for raiders. If you don't like having to commit a large portion of your free time you shouldn't expect to see all the raiding content. Blizzard made a mistake with putting the majority of their lore in the raids and they should have corrected it by making questing be more about the story and raiding could have been just a compliment to that lore instead of the focus. The story should belong to everybody who plays the game and they need to create an endgame for people who can't play for extended periods. LFR was not the answer to this.
    You know, I was gonna be mad about this, but I agree with it. Raiding should be for raiders, and the lore should not be shoved into the raids, with it being the only way to find out wtf is going on. Raids should be a side thing lore-wise. Something that's going on in the background around the current lore/storyline. I shouldn't have to punch the Thunderking in a raid to find out what the hell is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    2 - The separation of pvp and pve. Might be stange to think of, but there was a time when people formed large groups to come and fight the opposing faction, either in major cities or out in the open. I formed many a group in the past myself for fun to go attack alliance cities and counter account ones done to ours, leading to big battles in a none battle ground setting. It was chaotic, but it was fun. Since then, blizzard seems to have worked on making this less and less of an enjoyment and something people want to do, from flying in azeroth, to making guards in major cities hit like trucks, to making faction leaders extremely hard to take down, people have ground tired of this, and you hardly see anyone forming sich groups now. All just so it doesn't effect peoples pve?
    Although I agree the people working at Blizzard are professional World PvP ruiners, capitol bosses aren't hard to take down. It's not even 24 hours ago for me since I saw a group of 9 alliance players kill Sylvanas and I couldn't do anything about it. Mostly because PvP gear is useless in world PvP, as they each had 300k more health than me and double DPS. It took them about 20 minutes, but they got her, without anyone even dropping below 90% health and mana. It's ridiculous that bosses don't even hit for more than hundred thousand damage.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    1. Arena and it affecting skills/spells in PvE
    2. Badge system which was fine till Sunwell - since then it just went retarded
    3. Homogenization of classes which resultated with every class having cc, interupt and healing spells
    4. LFD
    5. LFR

If all these 5 points didn't happen we would have frickin awesome MMO right now but reality is sad
    It's an MMO, MMO's without PvP are unthinkable these days and thank god for that. Blizzard should just start making abilities act differently in different environments. But they cater too much to dumb asses so they won't, because it would become "hard".

Other than LFD/LFR destroying world PvP, I really like the idea of it. People who aren't hardcore raiders can still get all the lore they paid for. It's also a good way to gear up alts. I do agree with your third point, though.

My own list:

1. Removal of resilience on PvP gear.
    2. PvP gear not on the same ilevel as PvE gear anymore, thus destroying world PvP even further, making it practically non-existent.
    3. Making Rogues an even more annoying class than it already was. Even if you're skilled enough to get Rogues out of stealth, it won't matter. They'll get their opening anyway, because their stealth breaks after 3 seconds, instead of right away.
    4. Giving Humans baseline CC breaker racial, either give it to everyone (please do this) or remove it completely.
    5. Making Shadowmeld break combat instantly. Making Druids literally invincible in the open world. Giving Rogues/Druids a free re-stealth.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2014-01-26 at 07:53 PM.

Yeah, the recurring useless whine threads filled with juvenile misconceptions is what's gonna save the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Pretending the game doesn't have issues and focusing on only the issues are two totally different things.
    The thread does say "The 5 worst decisions blizzard has made to WoW" so I'm not sure what you expected when entering? You seem to still enjoy the game, that's cool, but there are issues w/ the game regardless of your opinion and that's what's being discussed in this thread.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

1. LFR

2. Killing class uniqueness.

3. Letting people change server / faction if its bad for the current server / Change to a already overpopulated server / faction thus making some servers horrible to play on.

4. The new talent system.

5. They use too little time on new expansions, they dont really bring much new stuff for each expansion and then players quickly get bored of the game.

• LFR
    • Homogenization, especially regarding classes.
    • Removing of leveling progression. Old talent tree felt like you gained something almost every level. The new one doesn't have that level of progression the old one had. I look forward to getting to every 15 levels now, before it was every level.
    • Revamping Old Zones. Nostalgia and attachment are strong things you have to be aware of.

That is all I can think of for now.

Linear quests with mobs you 2-shot (like another poster said "Revamping all the old zones into linear snorefests.") The new zones might be more effective to level in and more detailed, but they lack immersion and soul and they don't make you think.

LFR is just a complete atrocity, flex got it right and Blizzard should have made that first. LFR is really easy, and yet groups fail, it promotes toxic behaviour and scares away any new players from raiding.

10/25 shared loot & lockout (thankfully being reverted in WoD). That has caused nothing but trouble since day one. 10-man worked great in wrath as a way to get more people in to raiding and something fun for hardcore players to do in their downtime, while the real competitive raiding is more suited in a larger setting. The 10-man design also forced a lot the homogenization of classes since 10-man needed more tools.

The future of the in-game store. I'm cool with faction changes, and server transfers, and I realize they have to cost something to limit them, and mounts and pets are fine too, even tho I dislike the best looking ones being from the store and not earned. Level 90 characters is really borderline, and we all know that things like "gear packages" aren't far away... Soon we can complete the game from the store and not have to play it, what a great idea...
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Okay, what is accomblished in this thread? I will make it easier: What is accomblished in YOUR first post? Do you think that any of the things you mention will help WoW back to the former glory of 12 million subs? WoW does have issues, but this thread will not change it. It will not tell us anything new. It will not do anything.

But I will now send a message to Blizz listing everything in this thread and tell them to do the opposite, because that will save WoW. Because someone at MMO-C says so.

And to stay on topic: I don't like the main storyline since the beginning of TBC.

#1 LOLFR

#2 The Blizzard $tore

#3 Baseline Resilience

#4 MoP Talent Trees

#5 Even THINKING of selling level 90 boosts.

Deleted
    1. The homogenization: No matter what class you bring there is another class that can do the same or even better. It makes the choice of class fall even more into "What class is good in this patch and is it worth switching to it".

2. PvP/PvE: Back in WoTLK I could jump into a BG in full pve gear and do just fine. Because of the fact I knew how to play my class in pvp I had an advantage right there. People who knew how to play their class in pvp and had the pvp gear would reck me but others not so much. I was able to hold my own against decent pvp-geared people who were just mashing buttons. That was because resilience back than was just that. Resilience. The better pvp gear you had, the less damage you took from other players. And the gear was still pretty decent, if not on par, with some of the pve gear so you did nearly the same amount of damage towards other players.

3. Scaling: Now this is 2 issues in one but they are both scaling related. First off, the scaling of gear progress is insanely high with all these variations of gear. this is properly the reason we didnt see warforged drop in Flex mode. To compare with WoTLK again; Shadowmourne was the highest item level you could get and it was item level 284. The lowest item level epic you could get in WoTLK was 200. Now to compare that with the legendary cloak which is 608 and the starting epics which is 476 is a HUGE gap. 132 item levels is way to much to be acceptable from starting items to endgame items. The other part of scaling is the fact that blizz scales my gear in some situations. Dont. I dont like being weaker than I've build my character up to. Getting gear is me way of becoming stronger, and when you take that away from me when I do certain things I fell like time was wasted and of no use. And then I have to start gearing towards becoming the strongest in that aspect which will take even longer and while i am grinding towards that I fell insanely weak. When I get a piece of gear it shouldnt change.

4. Absorbs: This was it for me. When absorbs became such a huge part of healing I quit. I like the idea behind it and think it should be in the game, but when the best kind of healing is to be a class which have a passive that gives every1 absorbs so they can just spam heal all the time instead of actually conserving mana and only healing when needed and let HoTs tick for their full duration NOT overhealing just because you look better on the meter that was it for me.

5.Smarthealing: This ties a bit into the above, but as the game is now, there should only be 1 healing class with smarthealing. Fistweavers. And not mistweavers but the way fistweaving works there's just no other way it would work. If it was "heals the closest person to you" it would be worthless. But now every healer can press a button and top 5 people without thinking about it. It have also ruined healing in other aspects. Gone are the days where I see 3 people low and have to decide which one i cast healing wave on first for the least chance of anyone dying. Smart heals is not player skill and should not be part of healing. Healing should be based on you making the right decision on who to heal first and know which targets have hots on them so you dont have to waste mana healing them.

This is no particular order and I have lots of more complaints about some of the decisions blizzard have taken throughout the last 2 expansions. This has also lead to the expansions I have played the least and are the most frustrated about. Back in WoTLK I felt like I had choices to make to become better while now it feels more like "do you play X class? No? then cant compete in most cases, unless there's this really niche thing were you are required".

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    1. Phasing
    2. Crz
    3. Making lfr too difficult for the target audience
    4. Squish
    5. Removing weapon slots.
    So you hate everything that makes wow better than the competition

Also squish hasnt happened and I for one am happy to see the end of 900k hp tanks

Also to those who keep bringing up bleeding subs and how can us fanboys act like everything is okay. Well thats simple, we dont care. I love the changes blizz has made and I'll keep playing til the end. The game is almost 10 years old and yknow what. It has to die some day

People complain about class homogenization and I get that, but you must have amnesia because Blizzard kept them VERY different for a long time. But people bitched and bitched about one healer not having hots or tanks not being able to aoe tank, etc. Blizzard caved to the players on this one, so you can't really be upset about it.

Attunments need to come back IMO.