Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1. LFR. It is just horrible. Brain dead simplicity that still causes failure and utterly unpleasant behaviour. These people who rage quit and spew nasty shit in chat obviously do not want to work with people so either cut the mode completely or cave into their behaviour and make it completely impossible to fail. Either way, do not make it any kind of requirement to gear up for organized raiding. Nothing is more frustrating than having to run throne of thunder LFR over and over to be able to go into the normal mode due to gear requirements.

Things are better with flex being your option, but a lot of teams still demand ilevels better than the catch up gear available. LFR is the biggest thing for ruining MoP for me. I sprinted out the gates but life happened and I fell behind. Having to do LFR made me sick of the game before I got to do the content as it is intended. I much preferred the model of having 5 mans drop equivalent of the last raid tier than running the current raid in brain dead mode to get the gear to run it at a fun level.

2. Letting arena balance affect pve. They already shut down some abilities in BG's and arena, just separate everything already. Neither game type benefits from the other. Just balance them separately and remove abilities that are problematic in one game type only.

3. Making dungeons retarded. This is not just an issue with end game heroic dungeons, it is systemic throughout the levelling process. Dungeons are utterly face roll. Some classes can solo them at level which breeds lazy players who just /follow the prot paladin through the instance. I'm completely fed up of afk dps and healers in full heirlooms dpsing and not healing because they assume all tanks are immortal when monks in particular are susceptible to damage spikes and have poor self healing at lower levels.

4. The story. It died with the Lich King. Too much self and pop culture parody and not enough drama, conflict or new and interesting characters. The parody stuff has got out of hand with Uldum and a lot of Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds is just irritating. There's some good stuff there too, but it is ruined by blizzard quest designers trying to be funny. Uldum just makes me so angry.

I think using time travel to bring back old characters is both lazy and stupid. Warlords has a truly cretinous premise. They seem to just be dismissing everything too. The fact is the idea is so full of holes, paradoxes and other such problems but they are choosing to ignore them. When events don't work in terms of believability within that world (fantasy has to be as real to its rules as possible because of it's subject matter and thus good fantasy is dripping with realism because it cannot break from what is believable without losing the audience to doubt) the world breaks down and becomes ununified, uncohesive and people no longer believe in events that take place within it.

Warlords is an exciting concept, but one that just doesn't work. From all the sound bites from blizzard employees, it appears they are just ignoring the integrity of their work for "cools" and this is utterly and indefensibly wrong.

5. Nerfing current and previous tiers. GEAR DOES THIS FOR YOU. Of all the dumb things, this is one of the dumbest. I am in a reroll guild at present and nerfs along with relative player power increases at the old level caps make old raids comparable to MoP 5 mans in difficulty. It's great when a boss has mechanics that don't scale with player power and remain dangerous and needing coordination, but those are not many.

When I restart MoP content with this guild in a couple of months, I am going to find the content much easier than I would have if I was playing it when it first released even with gear restrictions for each tier. It's okay to nerf something if they have clearly overturned it, it's not okay to nerf so that players can complete a difficulty mode they don't deserve to finish. It completely ruins the raids for latecomers.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef6914e13; 2014-01-29 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arenas - The beginning of the end of interesting PvP in WoW. The cause of countless, and I mean countless, nerfs and buffs that had dire ramifications in PvE, and didn't actually solve the lolbalance problems in PvP. They put BGs, which are actually somewhat fun, on the backburner for competitive PvP for years.

Dumbing down of leveling content - The removal of every single group quest and elite in the open world was depressing. I get it, group quests were ignored... but with Xrealm zones implemented and leveling zones much more populated these days, I think group quests would be a popular activity if they still existed.

Raiding Difficulty modes - The introduction of Heroic Mode and LFR were equally responsible for the bland feeling of raids today. Instead of moderately challenging, interesting, and unique bosses... we have 4 different modes, 2 of which are absolute faceroll and 1 of which is (usually) absurdly complex, to the point of needing intricate spreadsheets for cooldowns and positioning diagrams for movement. I HATE spreadsheet raiding. I really do.

5.0 Daily Debacle - Do I even have to explain? If you were a semi-serious or above raider at the beginning of MoP, this shit made your life a living hell for about 6-8 weeks.

Proliferation of raid-wide cooldowns - Specifically healing and damage-reduction cooldowns. Devotion Aura, Spirit Shell, Divine Hymn, Tranquility, Revival, Healing Tide Totem, Rallying Cry, Barrier, Stormlash, Skull Banner, Stampeding Roar, Anti-Magic Zone... why do all of these exist? This is the reason I dislike heroic raiding these days. It's less about actual play skill and more about organizational skill, building spreadsheets and coordinating the 40 raid cooldowns you have in a 25man. And what of the specs that bring no utility? Well, you better be godmode DPS/healing, or else enjoy your stay on the bench! It's really dumb, and I hope WoD trims some of these superfluous raid cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    1. Homogenization

4. Nerfs to PvE content that is not broken
    I find this juxtaposition hilarious. If PvE content is tuned up, homogenization becomes necessary. Otherwise, some classes are brought and others are benched.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

1 - Removing WOTLK raid model

2 - LFR. It's fine at the begening of the xpac. Now we have too much LFR to choose from, increasing the wait time. And creating more and more retard people in the game

3- Timless Isle grind model including everything from Ordos ( you need to have the cloak so you can feel special) to bloody coing farming.
    Game model encouraging casualty and then switching to a pseudo elitist model with a shitty legendary item.

4- Garrosh storyline, He suck, the story around him suck, and he's been around for far too long. And he's going to be there in WoD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I find this juxtaposition hilarious. If PvE content is tuned up, homogenization becomes necessary. Otherwise, some classes are brought and others are benched.
    I think that is correctly "If PvE content is tuned up, and strict size limits exist, homogenization becomes necessary."

I agree with the change to put to tier raiding at 20 people in WoD, and think it will strongly discourage anything but casual 10-15 raids below that end of the spectrum, and that is a *good* thing. 20 people is more than one of at least one class, so (a) no more benching you because we already have a 'lock, and (b) no more needing every class to do everything equally well because it isn't present.

Serious DPS or utility imbalances could still push a class out of the tier, in the same way that DKs are meh in most roles across most of T16 -- viable, but not great -- but those are easier to design around when you can assume at least one DK can be present in the 20 people, etc.

With that change I think you will see content tune up in difficulty, without needing to increase homogenization. (Though it probably does lean more on average DPS balance across classes over the entire raid -- though I honestly don't feel like this is a bad thing; pick your style but have about the same effect feel reasonable enough to me as a target for a game.)

There is no reason that multiple classes need a fear, most classes have SOME pet/minion and EVERY class has DoTs.

Dull. And Shaman totems make me sad

(yes I like my warlock :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    There is no reason [...] EVERY class has DoTs.
    Ozruk says hi.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Panda as an expansion.
    2. Resilience.
    3. PvP Power
    4. Heroic Raids
    5. 10/25/flex/RF/ilvl disparity

They destroyed their lore with that panda bullcrap.

Resilience and its bastard child PvP Power fractured the player base and were utilized to cover up very poor design decisions and scaling problems.

Heroic raids caused normal raids to become too ez while at the same time were too hard for the vast majority of the player base, causing the challenge of raiding for most players to go down, while serving only a couple percent of players and causing terrible item level inflation. Speaking of item level inflation, 10/25/flex/RF... 4 different levels per tier! RF has its place but it should have been like Honor gear, a tier behind in ilvl, 10/25/flex/ should all be the same higher ilvl.

Conq and constructed Raiding = new tier, group finder based Honor and RF and Heroic Dungeons the previous tier. 1 Item level jump per season. PvP and PVE gear equality, separation achieved through set bonus's.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ozruk says hi.
    That's not all he says.

Arenas and RBG's
    So much potential wasted catering to the wrong demographic.
    Don't get me wrong; I love arenas and I love rated battlegrounds. I have tons of fun pushing rating and grabbing T2 sets on my alts but that's about it.
    Pushing seriously is absolute hell and I only know a few folks who enjoy it in it's current incantation. An MMORPG's gameplay does not revolve around placing just a few people into a room and telling them to kill each other.
    It will never be balanced - yet they're giving the only meaningful rewards people would want to strive for to a miniscule portion of the playerbase?

WoW is not an E-Sport. An MMORPG will never be an E-Sport; And the band-aids with CRZ Arenas and the 100 wins mount will start to fail once again as people once again become frustrated and stop seeing the point. Trial of the Gladiator is only going to exclude and push away people who aren't hardcore/streamers/multi-glads because they're not going to get anything out of it - and it'll be harder to get our current rewards with deflation of less people playing overall.

The ladder rewards system was great in BC when everybody was trying it out and there were rewards in all brackets - even with the imbalances there were enough spots that anybody who really really truley wanted it could put their all in - but with the skill cap so high and the spots so deflated. No wonder most of my 2200+/Gladiator level friends are gone. (To LoL/DoTa of all things.)

Rewarding your best players is good; but they forget exactly what genre this is and alienate people...
    There are ways of fixing this while pleasing Gladiators/1750 players but they're only listening to the streamers. (Summit.)

The lack of large scale PvP;
    I've heard tales of "pointless" battles at Southshore and groups just rampaging Hellfire. Hell; Even in MoP I've seen full scale raids with defense in Goldshire, Lakeshire, Razor Hill and the Shrines.
    Why aren't they promoting large scale wPvP? This is a world - we should be using it and not tiny little instanced rooms.

They could easily pick one Alliance and one Horde zone per week and turn it into a Halaa/Timeless Isle situation (phased for the lowbies! Or deflag them.) in which long term participation and the collection of insignias, HK's and objectives could lead into mounts, pets and unique transmog gear.

This is actually what I was expecting when I first heard of the game but we got the complaint above instead.

It does seem they're kind of doing this with the new wPvP zone. It's the only thing I'm looking forwards to.

LFR
    LFR should have been what Flex is now.
    Queue systems are terrible for communities if it automatically places you with folks. Yes; I'd rather sit in Trade for 15 minutes and find folks to run Flex with over LFR. At least then I know the guy pulling the boss or AFKing is going to be removed.

When I started raiding it was the first tier in Cataclysm and I went through trade chat and was clearing the normal mode instances with complete strangers.
    The excuse of "I don't have the time" is absolute BS as well because I clear Seige on Normal and Flex faster than LFR because people are accountable for their DPS/Healing/Actions and will be removed if they're assholes or underperforming.
    And yes; I've been in groups where we've brought a few people underperforming to help them learn. We were giving them the chance to learn. Go make some friends and join a guild if you don't want to oqueue it.

Promotion of "Collectables" that are removed from the game;
    Yes Blizzard. Your mount/pet tab tells me to try collecting them all.
    You know; While you guys are all over the place about removing some items and then keeping in certain ones?

Do you want a game that's based off of exclusivity or the ability for everybody to eventually farm what they want while always having a new carrot for the top players? (Because honestly; That's probably the best business model.)

I honestly wouldn't even be complaining about this if there was consistency in either direction but it's pretty annoying that I can't get x or y while Johnny can get my z - for no real reason.

Account Wide Everything
    Don't get me wrong; I do think there should have been a way to change your mains without worrying.
    But when my alt literally has barely anything to do outside LFR and some arenas because it has almost everything my main has? Yeah. I'm bored.

Convince isn't always needed.
    This is one of the few things that I believe should have been a paid service that transferred all your mounts, titles and achievements to another character on your account.

And yeah; I'm being a bit of a hypocrite with this since I use all my rare mounts and titles on my alts but I literally would not have cared if this weren't implemented and I'm sure I'd actually be playing a bit more to get these things on alts. It just killed a large portion of the RPG part of the game for me.

...And it seems like a lot of my complaints are about things that suck away the RPG experience.

1. Introduction of LFR

2. Class Quests removed

3. Change Raid difficult by clicking in a option on the interface (Ulduar Hard modes was awesome)

4. Attunements and keys for dungeons removed

5. Pandarens and Monks

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much LFR hate and yet it's arguably what keeps the game as alive as it is. So weird. If the casuals didn't have content they wouldn't be playing, and WoW would likely be a total ghost town. Be careful about saying LFR was a bad decision, LFR was a necessity, and love it or hate it, you're stuck with it. It gives casual players that can't or won't fit their lives to a gaming schedule to actually do something useful in game and have character progression.

Either way, do not make it any kind of requirement to gear up for organized raiding.
    Welcome to two raiding tiers ago. It hasn't been "required" since then. And if your guild forced you, well then you're in an abusive relationship. :'(

1. Dividing raiding into 10/25 instead of just into one small raid size. Though this is sort of fixed in WoD.
    2. Not adding more small group content for Pandaria.
    3. Daily quests / VP rewards locked behind rep at the start of Pandaria.
    4. What they did to PvP from BC onwards.
    5. Homogenization of classes.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2014-01-30 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    5) got rid of Pally's DI.
    4) got rid of mage's flame orb.
    3) garrosh as final boss (fun fight, but such a shallow and boring antagonist)
    2) deathwing battle (character is cool. The actual fight was just dumb, fighting nothing but oozes and tentacles)
    1) stealth nerfing the mirror so where people can't copy giant mogu, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

1. Arenas
    2-5. Arenas
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    1. 25 man raiding
    2. 10 man raiding
    3. Any form of PvE points
    4. Splitting dungeons and raids into normal and heroic
    5. Don't need a 5th

WoW died with TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

the introduction of Cross Realms
    pet battling
    massive amounts of dailys required for 3 coins a week
    timeless isle
    blizz not trying hard enough with making raids fun and interesting (after the DS fiasco of course)

1. Sticking tenaciously to the demonstrably false belief that customers want challenge.

2. Complexity for the sake of complexity in rotations and abilities. Contrast with LoL.

3. Evisceration of casual PvP. Arena, and then doubling down with rated BGs.

4. Guild levels/XP.

5. The armory (because an easy to use tool that lets most players know how much they suck is not good for the game.)
    1. Players must be challenged for raiding to exist. Make content last a lot longer, no easy ways to do it. Yes, make it comfortable to start doing it (it's already too comfortable) but always put the challenge in. This is why raiding is in decline since the beginning of wrath.

2. LoL and similar games are all about teamplay, personal level execution is very simple there. Do that in WoW and the monkey will play it better than you.

3. All of the pvp was casual before arenas, there was nothing to hurt.

4. Agree.

5. Tell me, why are you playing MMO games if you hate competition so much?

1) Removal of night and atmospheric effects - I haven't seen rain in years
    2) Questing on rails - while I thought it's a good idea when it first came out, I realized it sucks ass
    3) Removal of [challenging] elite mobs and group quests - while it was the right thing to do at that time, I think it should have been put back after CRZ was set
    4) Scenarios - this is absolutely subjective, but I have those fuckers
    5) Can think of anything else that bothers me

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1- trying to balance pvp and pve.
    2- SHOP = P2W !
    3- all caracter same same now, all have CC,STun,fear,sprint, no one is different now.
    4- PATCH ... good an other 6-8 month been stuck having nothing to do. timeless was done long time ago. need new stuff faster (like the quest line in kasaran wild) but faster.
    5- game now all about speedrun, pay for 90 but people wont know how to play their class, do level 1-90 take 3days. proffession 1-600 5-6hour or 20 000gold, need longer leveling, or some kind of Paragon leveling who give non-combat bonus, soo keep people buzy.

The ones blaming cross realm play .... should NEVER EVER make video games.

I hope Blizzard notes their names so to avoid recruiting them by accident.

Lesson 1 : In a massively played on line game regroup your player base constantly. You need the numbers to keep it going.

Lesson 2 : A community is never ever confined within the silly technical limits of a server.

Lesson 3 : Make friends play together without barriers.

So that's why cross realm play, connected servers, battletags and Lvl 90's offer a God send gift for this 10 year old game.

The rest of this thread is blablabla, although Cata introduced indeed some problems.